Washington Nationals Logos

CC97

It's not bad. But it sure doesn't excite at all.

I look at this logo and immediately think it's befitting a division, a conference or maybe even something like an All-Star game. It doesn't help that this very mild-mannered logo goes with a team that has a conference baring the same name. The name, the logo...neither "jump out".

I just don't think "team logo". I agree with what someone else said earlier: yawn-inducing. Not bad, just boring.

While I *was* ambivelent as to the actual name, in retrospect, "Senators" would have been much better. :sleeping:

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nats_jersey.jpg

I don't the like white text on a white jersey. De-empashize the blue outline, make the lettering blue with thin gold and red outlines. about 2x as thick than the gold and red outlines currently there.

Having NATIONALS on the front and sleeve is overbearing. Maybe a 1st season in dc logo or the interlocking DC in blue outlined in gold and red. I suspect a block WASHINGTON for the road.

The navy cap with the red block W would be perfect.

i am very impressed with this logo, which adds to a run of nice logos that MLB has churned out in the past few years (New Jays, Padres, Angels), whereas the NBA (Bobcats) and NFL (bengals) seem to be quite lost. Its a very nice mix of old and new school.

I really don't get why they'd use the script W though. Sure its tradition, but that DC logo that just screams to be used on the hats.

As for the unis, im hoping they keep pinstripes on the home unis, with maybe a sleeveless grey road uni, and a Navy alternate.

A pinstriped home uniform, with "stylish" numbers, is the thing I fear most about the Nationals upcoming uniforms...and the Washington Post has reported that the alternate jersey will be red.

I think I just saw the alternate logo flash on the screen during the opening of The Countdown with Keith Olbermann. I wonder if they're gonna have it on the screen for longer later on in the show...

It was the interlocking "DC" in a circle with the stars and stuff in a ring around it. I think that was it...

nats_jersey.jpg

I don't the like white text on a white jersey. De-empashize the blue outline, make the lettering blue with thin gold and red outlines. about 2x as thick than the gold and red outlines currently there.

Having NATIONALS on the front and sleeve is overbearing. Maybe a 1st season in dc logo or the interlocking DC in blue outlined in gold and red. I suspect a block WASHINGTON for the road.

The navy cap with the red block W would be perfect.

Very good points! Thanks man.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I have added the Washington Nationals logos in super high-res to my website... enjoy.

Chris... what is the font used for the"Washington" in the logo?

Thanks in advance. :)

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I have added the Washington Nationals logos in super high-res to my website... enjoy.

When did they unveil the road script and whatnot? I haven't seen it anyplace other than the site.

VmWIn6B.png

I like the Name, but Im just not with the logos.

The Cursive W- maybe they could just wear those as an alt. cap like on a sunday game or something9 like the Astros unis)

The Script- seems a little too plain.

Interlocking DC- Good. But almost reminds you of the current interlocking SD for the Padres.

Primary- FOR THE LOVE OF PINA COLADAS! ADD THE DOME TO IT! Its looking like the current Texas Rangers- Baseball, and script. too plain! :down:

Signature intentionally left blank

When did they unveil the road script and whatnot? I haven't seen it anyplace other than the site.

Your point being?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

the logo doesnt need a capitol dome or anything else on top, why is there so much clamoring for such a thing?

all it would do is make the logo stretched and de-emphasise the wordmark, which should be the focal point of the logo

yes, I am quoting myself.

because after all, Im right.....as always

Your point being?

Did they officially unveil the road "washington" script, or do you have special sources that showed it to you?

VmWIn6B.png

Archived