Thanksgiving Throwbacks

SmoothieX

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Liked the Bears in orange, but what the hell was going on with their numbers? Ones w/o serifs, everything else with, and the same #2s you get screen printed at cheapscreans are us on your beer league softball jerseys?!?!?

:therock:

I didn't notice but you're right. Like has been said, they said it was a 46 uniform but it really was a 60's helmet with 1935 jersey and I believe the pants were from 35 as well, but I don't think too many changes were made to the bears pants...well ever. However, it appears that the font is 46, but the jerseys are 35...see pics below.

Here's the doctor being wheeled off the field

nfl19d2_lower.jpg

Thanks to Bearshistory for these images:

The 1935 Orange jerseys:

1935uniform.jpg

and the 1946 champions...you can see another 16 in the bottom right hand corner:

1946champs.jpg

So, its an authentic font, just they really changed up era's here. I didn't notice so thanks!

My grade:

Look: B+

Authentic: D (for effort)

I wish every team went with throwbacks this weekend... I'd love to see the 64 Bills play the 76 Seahawks.

How about this?

1996 Baltimore Ravens @ 1960 Boston Patriots (NE)

Just curious. Has the lawsuit with the fan for the Ravens orginal logo finished yet. If not I'm pretty they can't wear those uniforms. I would really like to see them wear those again though.

and the 1946 champions...you can see another 16 in the bottom right hand corner:

1946champs.jpg

So, its an authentic font, just they really changed up era's here. I didn't notice so thanks!

My grade:

Look: B+

Authentic: D (for effort)

If you notice, the '5' on the '46 Uniforms is different than the ones on their Thanksgiving Classics worn this year.

Those Cowboys' throwbacks are superior to their regular ones in every way.

I never thought i'd agree, me being the traditionalist i am. However, 5 World Championships be damned, i'd like to see them make that switch.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Okay now that they are done with, here's how I think it should be next year.

They alternate every year so in '05 it's Dallas hosting the AFC team, and they play the AFC West, so there are only four possibilities.

With the Lions, there are 15 possibilities because it could be any team in the NFC.

AFC West for the Cowboys?!?!?!?!?!?!?

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS.....COME ON DOWN!!!!!!!!!

r_chargers_i.jpg

PLease God...Let it be!!!!!

If they wore that, and the Cowboys wore their white throwbacks in the style of the 60s, then I would damn near piss my pants and cry tears of joy for that would be the greatest Thanksgiving Day of all time.

amen!!! then i would call into school sick and really start to enjoy all my american channels!

I would have to say that the Chiefs will be playing on Thanksgiving in Dallas next year, since the Broncos were there in 2001 and they probably will be wearing throwbacks, you just won't be able to tell, because they haven't (really) changed anything ever, except for the move to KC. It would be cool if they wore the Texans uni's on that day though. (BTW, Houston could never wear the (AFL) Dallas Texans uniforms, because the team that wore them still exists in a different city, that would be like the Ravens wearing throwbacks that were simply Browns uniforms)

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Archived