Tennesse Copperheads?

jrodsep

I was looking around in this site: Football Helmets to Infinity and found a very interesting piece. Go to the NFL section and under PROTOTYPES you will find the Tennesse Copperheads. Can anyone shed any light on this team or the proposed the change? This is the first time I have heard of it. Any help would be greatly welcomed.

There was a group of fans who were in favor of re-naming the Oilers the Copperheads when they moved to Tennessee. I seriously doubt that the derrick would have been the logo, but I have seen that one before.

It's where I sit.

If I remember correctly, in 1995 when Bud Adams agreed to move the Oilers he had promised that they would change the name.

When they finally moved in 1997 they did not have time to change, and many in Tennessee thought Adams intended on keeping the Oiler name even after the new stadium was completed.

Thats when these guys popped up with their website.

as a titans fan, i've gotta say..... that's a pretty damn cool helmet :)

i'm going to make a concept for this, if i get some time... it's a really cool idea, and an outstanding color scheme.

i wouldn't really want the titans to change anything now, since my team is my team... but if i'd been a copperheads fan instead of a titans fan, at least i know that i'd have a neat looking helmet.

i like the almost subliminal logo.

how about the derek with a snake silhouette integrated into it? might look good, if its done right.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

no way. orange is the biggest part of cleveland browns history besides its first coach/founder and its slew of great players and early dominance of football. even before that helmet, the team was orange and brown. and talk about a team that will never make a drastic change, the cleveland browns have that more on lock than anybody else, i mean, this was a dominant football team from like 1946-1964. some of the best players and teams ever came from this franchise. i just dont and cant see them making a change, especially not a color change.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

no way. orange is the biggest part of cleveland browns history besides its first coach/founder and its slew of great players and early dominance of football. even before that helmet, the team was orange and brown. and talk about a team that will never make a drastic change, the cleveland browns have that more on lock than anybody else, i mean, this was a dominant football team from like 1946-1964. some of the best players and teams ever came from this franchise. i just dont and cant see them making a change, especially not a color change.

only thing i'd change for the browns is their pants...

they need a brown pair of pants... wear them a few times with the white jersey, and whenever they wear the orange jersey... but never with the brown jersey.

that would look great. that's my only complaint with them is that they seem to play up the orange more than the brown... if they had an extra pair of brown pants, it would look much more "brownish" to me.

Archived