Alphabet Man

don't think these have been spoken about, if so, sorry

logo_torino.gif

Torino, Italy 2006 Winter Games

logo_beijing.gif

Beijing, China 2008 Summer Games

logo_vancouver.gif

Vancouver, Canada 2010 Winter Games

i think the Vancouver logo is the best out of the three, the others are too basic for my liking

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I think Vancouver is the worst out of those. I like them all, but by far my favorite is torino, so classy and simple, nice color, and it represent everything it needs to represent, a mountain, a church staple from St. Antonia in Torino, a snowflake, and it?s in Italian national team color (Azzuri).

Bejing is alos nice, I'm sure it has deeper meaning then just a running guy, while Vancouver is also nice, can deny that.

I like them all, but by far my favorite is torino, so classy and simple, nice color, and it represent everything it needs to represent, a mountain, a church staple from St. Antonia in Torino, a snowflake, and it?s in Italian national team color (Azzuri).

I find Torino's the worst, simply because it needs to be explained to make sense. I had no idea there was a steeple of note in Torino, see a star rather than a snowflake in the pattern, don't get the impression of "mountain" (I see "perspective twist effect" or maybe "reaching to the sky"), and that's not the shade of blue that I associate with the Azzurri.

For an international audience, I feel the Vancouver and Beijing logos convey the locale better.

I think Vancouver is the best by far.  Beijing looks like that character is made out of spaghetti.

I think that's because you don't understand what it means, it's actually a chinese character meaning Beijing. I personally think it's a very well-done logo because it has that traditional Chinese feel in it while at the same time conveying the spirit of sports and Beijing through the style of the logo.

And I am not sure if it's true or not, but the squigly lines seem to represent the great wall. Anybody knows?

Doh!

They need to use that logo for Vancouver, because it's very nice. The Torino one's ok, if a bit abstract. Meaning behind it or not, the Beijing logo just looks sloppy. That, and it looks like they've recycled the font from Sydney.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I think Vancouver is the best by far.  Beijing looks like that character is made out of spaghetti.

I think that's because you don't understand what it means, it's actually a chinese character meaning Beijing. I personally think it's a very well-done logo because it has that traditional Chinese feel in it while at the same time conveying the spirit of sports and Beijing through the style of the logo.

And I am not sure if it's true or not, but the squigly lines seem to represent the great wall. Anybody knows?

I learnt Chinese for 5 years, and I've never seen a Chinese character as flexible as that. They've very square, and rigid.

Chinese don't use a circle at all, so the logo looks like a sloppily put together person.

Head, body, out of proportion legs, made to look like a Chinese character, if you didn't know what one looked like.

To suggest it's the character for Bei Jing, which is made up of two words, is someone's media spin.

The emblem named "Dancing Beijing" is a red Chinese seal with a lively dancing figure (形象) drawn in calligraphy (书法). The figure looks like the Chinese character "Jing" meaning Beijing. 北京

(It doesn't really)

I prefer Vancouver for the sailing boat, the moutains and the maple leaf.

Everything about it says Vancouver.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

The Beijing one isn't bad at all. What exactly makes the Vancouver logo better?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I find Torino's the worst, simply because it needs to be explained to make sense. I had no idea there was a steeple of note in Torino, see a star rather than a snowflake in the pattern, don't get the impression of "mountain" (I see "perspective twist effect" or maybe "reaching to the sky"), and that's not the shade of blue that I associate with the Azzurri.

For an international audience, I feel the Vancouver and Beijing logos convey the locale better.

I agree to an extent. Not knowing what the design is supposed to be, makes me less inclined to like it over the other ones. Still, aesthetically it's nice.

rangersCBSig.gif

I could be wrong but maybe it resembles the Mole Antonelliana located within the city.

f6c.jpg

to_023.jpg

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived