Another Reason to Boycott Europe

budbowl77

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=107912

read this article, if it doesnt make you sick, i dont know what will. This is truly a shame how good people are (weither locked out or not) are willing to help raise money for charity to help the Russian people, and they taunt someone because he is black. this totally makes me sick, and I think maybe the NHLPA should boycott sending all star teams to play in charity games in russia untill these dispicable acts are ended. Anson Carter risks injury, his own personal safety travelling to a european country and is willing to give to a good cause and this is how he is treated. And the Europeans call North Americans snooty and racist?

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

It's 2004, not the 1950's when I last checked. Racism is nothing more than a dead-end street.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Well see in America they're over racism... now the trend over there is hating gay people. <_<

Geez Europe get with the times...

Well... I'm not surprised... there have been a nasty rash of hatred against Blacks, Jews, Muslims, etc. in Europe in recent years. I hope this will help bring the matter to attention.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

you know, i dont know how any of you feel about this. Like i said, i find it disturbing because in this country, when someone raises money so your kids team has proper equipment, has proper rink time..you thank them..Myself, along time ago..I had to thank Joe and Brian Mullen..they donated there time, money to help us kids so we can have hockey in NYC. I wouldnt have cared if they were black, brown pokaodot..hell Brian was a New York Ranger, and if you know me..I dont care at all for the Ranger sweater, but it was all about the Hockey. and someone who grew up in our town made it and was giving something back. And when a guy like Anson Carter is willing (weither it be paid or not) to give his time to be part of a once in a lifetime chance so kids can benefit from, the fans should be greatfull. I sure hope that whoever was throwing bananas at him, I hope there kids benefit from that game. I hope its burned into there memory everytime there kids put on an NHLPA piece of donated equipment that Anson was willing to be apart of this, because he cared enough about the kids to show up and play. call me corny, but if I was 8, 9 or 10 and some guy offered me free gear..heck, you can be black, gay, Jewish and have 1 arm. I'd take it, and be greatfull as hell. just my early morning rant guys.

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

Hmm well as the boards leading European voice, first of all these are isolated cases mainly. A few idiots.

In the wake of the stuff the article says about fans cheering black english players an experienced black english player said that he received less racism in the UK now, but its worse abroad. In particular he mentioned Eastern Europe. And anti-semitism was always histoprically worst in Eastern Europe. (One of the reasons that most of the Nazi death camps were built in Poland). Some places have a long way to go.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Mangus, I think that the guy sporting hte rebel flag should be silent on this topic.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

let's review some of the comments here:

It's 2004, not the 1950's when I last checked. Racism is nothing more than a dead-end street.

what? i'm not sure what that means, but if you actually walk outside in any large city in america and look around, you'll see racism. if you walk outside in any small city in america and look around, it's right there like a pie in the face. anyone that thinks racism is gone is a damned fool and needs to open their eyes.

from cities that segregate themselves to the most liberal of people i know and consider very good friends (yes, it eats at me and you know who you are) that don't like hispanics....sure there are regional differences in whom to hate, but hate is hate, and when it's based on race, color or creed, it's wrong.

Well see in America they're over racism... now the trend over there is hating gay people.

actually, any minority whether it be sexual, religious, or race tends to be persecuted in this country.

sorry, hate is an important issue to me, and i can't not speak up on subjects such as this.

It just seems that Europe as a whole is taking a step back rather than forward. Ferenvocos(spelling?) a Eastern European football team, taunted several Millwall players and even killed two supporters during this year's UEFA Cup competition. And in Madrid, in one of the more "progressive" countries in europe, several English players were greeted with monkey noises. And Dwight York has run int the same thing on at least two occasions during Premiership matches this season. the startling thing was the fans in England actually did the policing of the hecklers at the second occurance. It just seems as much as folks want to sit and say that the U.S. should follow the European model, something like this seems to remind us why the Puritans left England and later Holland. I hope the Russian Ice Hockey Federation takes steps similar to what the Pistons did and toss the instigators out and ban them from ever entering those stadiums that host their games.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It just seems that Europe as a whole is taking a step back rather than forward. Ferenvocos(spelling?) a Eastern European football team, taunted several Millwall players and even killed two supporters during this year's UEFA Cup competition. And in Madrid, in one of the more "progressive" countries in europe, several English players were greeted with monkey noises. And Dwight York has run int the same thing on at least two occasions during Premiership matches this season. the startling thing was the fans in England actually did the policing of the hecklers at the second occurance. It just seems as much as folks want to sit and say that the U.S. should follow the European model, something like this seems to remind us why the Puritans left England and later Holland. I hope the Russian Ice Hockey Federation takes steps similar to what the Pistons did and toss the instigators out and ban them from ever entering those stadiums that host their games.

They only stabbed the Millwall fans, didn't kill them. (And Millwall fans are no angels, because they're facing racism charges from the English FA for a recent incident in England)

The problem in Europe is that a lot of big teams, soccer and otherwise, tend to have a small hardcore minority of right-wing fans, which seem to have attracted the moniker of "Ultras" after the prominant hooligan groups in Spain and Italy. They're the ones making the monkey chants at games etc.

The Real Madrid Ultras have been pretty nasty lately and they seem to be the last remaining supporters of Franco. Someone tell them he's been dead for a quarter of a century! :wacko:

liverpool-1.png

"It just seems that Europe as a whole is taking a step back rather than forward. Ferenvocos(spelling?) a Eastern European football team, taunted several Millwall players and even killed two supporters during this year's UEFA Cup competition. And in Madrid, in one of the more 'progressive' countries in Europe, several English players were greeted with monkey noises. And Dwight York has run into the same thing on at least two occasions during Premiership matches this season. The startling thing was the fans in England actually did the policing of the hecklers at the second occurance. It just seems as much as folks want to sit and say that the U.S. should follow the European model, something like this seems to remind us why the Puritans left England and later Holland. I hope the Russian Ice Hockey Federation takes steps similar to what the Pistons did and toss the instigators out and ban them from ever entering those stadiums that host their games."

So when one jerk in Rome at the Olympic Stadium threw a coin in the first round of the UEFA Champions League match between AS Roma and Dynamo Kyev (spell check, if you please) at a referee, UEFA shut the gates to the fans for the remaining two Champions League matches they had to play at home, including what would have been a sure sellout against Real Madrid.

The question is: Did anybody know what UEFA did with the fans of Ferenvocos as punishment for that incident with Millwall supporters?

I saw that game 12/09/04 on ESPN2 here in the States, and even color man Tommy Smythe called it "a sham". Frankly, UEFA should have been shutting the gates for the second match at home for AS Roma, and for the first match of their next Champions League event after Real Madrid (no, NOT Real Salt Lake) as punishment, and allow fans of AS Roma to see the best club team money can buy in the universe IMHO.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

read this article, if it doesnt make you sick, i dont know what will. This is truly a shame how good people are (weither locked out or not) are willing to help raise money for charity to help the Russian people, and they taunt someone because he is black. this totally makes me sick, and I think maybe the NHLPA should boycott sending all star teams to play in charity games in russia untill these dispicable acts are ended. Anson Carter risks injury, his own personal safety travelling to a european country and is willing to give to a good cause and this is how he is treated. And the Europeans call North Americans snooty and racist?

You know--it doesn't matter where you go--you'll meet racists...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

You know--it doesn't matter where you go--you'll meet racists...

...and they come in every flavor.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived