Celtics alternate jersey question/theory

chakfu

I was just thinking about the Celtics alternate jersey - I don't think I've heard anything announcing them or saying that they'll be used...

Also in NBA Live they are "hidden" in such away that you have to do some hacking to use them, they are not unlockable like the other new alts...

But we already saw in the style guide that they were supposed to use an alternate, right?

But I had heard in the offseason that Reebok wanted them to have a black alternate and they refused.

Could the alternates we've seen floating around be the planned alternates that wound up being voted down? At first I assumed reebok wanted a straight black alternate and the green with black wound up being a compromise, but maybe green/black are the ones that got scrapped, and we won't see them, and the style guide listing the Celtics as having an alternate was from before the team said no? Just a theory.

I'm pretty sure the alt uniform is the green with black trim. I haven't seen a definite date for them being worn on the court, just that it's some time in the second half of the season, and I believe it will be a road game.

I haven't heard anything about hacking the game to get the jerseys...the NBA is releasing codes for EA Sports' NBA Live as the uniforms as worn, so maybe that's what's coming in the future.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Here are the codes I've seen for the PS2 version of NBA Live 2005, courtesy of gamefaqs.com

Sonics' Alternates (yellow)

BHD87YY27Q

Celtics alternate uniform

XCV43MGMDS

Hawks alternate uniform

HDI834NN9N

Hornets' Alternates (yellow)

JRE7H4D90F

Mavs alternate uniform

AAPSEUD09U

Warriors alternate uniform

NAVNY29548

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

basically, if you saw the pic it looked sort of like a damn replica. simply green wiht black sides, BOSTON on the front and black lettering trimmed in white. on the shorts, however, the side stripes widen and have green clovers on them, one per side.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Anyone know if I can unlock the retro unis in NBA Live? (the ones for this yr like lakers, bullets...)

[PS2]-from cheatcc.com

All team gear

Enter "1NVDR89ER2" as a code.

All shoes

Enter "FHM389HU80" as a code.

All Hardwood Classics

Enter "PRYI234N0B" as a code.

50,000 Dynasty points

Enter "YISS55CZ0E" as a code.

Atlanta Hawks alternate jerseys

Enter "HDI834NN9N" as a code.

Boston Celtics alternate jerseys

Enter "XCV43MGMDS" as a code.

Dallas Mavericks alternate jerseys

Enter "AAPSEUD09U" as a code.

Golden State Warriors alternate jerseys

Enter "NAVNY29548" as a code.

New Orleans Hornets alternate jerseys

Enter "JRE7H4D90F" as a code.

New Orleans Hornets new road jerseys

Enter "JRE7H4D9WH" as a code.

Seattle Supersonics alternate jerseys

Enter "BHD87YY27Q" as a code

:D

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

At the very least, black has been in the Celts logo for a while now, so having black trim on a green alternate makes enough sense; at least they have some justicifation to use black.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Archived