Rams jersey question

Slater

The ram horns are sewn-on. The yellow on the shoulders (blue on the road whites) is a panel, similar to a Houston Texans or USC jersey, but wider. This panel starts at the underarm gusset in front and extents to the back where the shoulder panel meets the back. At this point, a piece of solid yellow twill is sewn on the sleeve, blending with yellow panel and then tapering and curling into the form of the horn.

I actually have a horn pattern that I made from an old Rams jersey and my seamstress used this to make the horns to sew onto the 2 Rams jerseys that I've made.They turned-out really well,I just wish I still had the pics.

98Falcons.png

My concern with the old jerseys with new colors is that the gold sleeves may not work quite right. I can't explain why, I just question how well that would work. If you changed the sleeves to blue with a gold horn, it is no longer as unique they.

I would prefer to see them go back to the old colors. Also, and this is something I've given a lot of thought, they either need to go back to the old ones or just go with something new. There is no good way to combine the two. Yes, you can just change colors, but that doesn't do it for me. A change is needed and that just doesn't count.

I do however think shoulder stripes need to be part of it. Counting the Ram horns as shoulder stripes, they have had shoulder stripes for most of their history. It could be a return to Ram horns, but I'd like to see the Ram head logo remain on the sleeve, and you can't have both.

I've got some sketches, but I haven't gotten that design that really makes me go..."that's it!'

the old ones would look cooler on the street on a fan, but on the field, i like the new ones.

if the helmet has horns, does the jersey need horns as well? that's 2 sets of horns on each player. just seems overkill.

i really like the new uniforms, and the new colors... the old colors are also very cool looking to me, but there's no question that the newer uniform sets are head and shoulders more professional and clean than the old ones.

I like the old jerseys/colors myself. How about the newer uniform look with the old colors? I would like to see how that looks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I don't think horns on the sleeve would work in today's NFL because most players don't even wear sleeves and the horn would be indistinguishable. Based on the way that most players wear their uniforms these days, what they have now is great.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

i think they should use the old unis with the current number font, minus the outline, then put the ram head on solid color pants, because its a great logo, and linear pants striping doesnt compliment the curvy swoopy ram horn, it looks out of place, as it does on USC.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived