ABA All-Star Game Logo

GeneralW91

something not quite right about the term "ABA All-Star".

Its like "Kansas Beauty", or "Hey streeter did you lose weight".... :D

along the same lines as "Straight Male Cheerleader" or "Ocenfront property in Regina".

Let's not forget "Shark Loves Brown" "JamesCraven grows up" "The Mad Mac mellows down" "Ashlee Simpson sings well live" "taking quadival seriously" etc. etc.

I saw, I came, I left.

That's a little harsh, there Lamicus. You obviously fail to see the historical significance of this logo. I'm not sure, but I think this may be the first time a red white and blue basketball has been used as part of a logo. Groundbreaking stuff indeed.

That's a little harsh, there Lamicus. You obviously fail to see the historical significance of this logo. I'm not sure, but I think this may be the first time a red white and blue basketball has been used as part of a logo. Groundbreaking stuff indeed.

What's next moving the Expos or something.............what a world we live in.

That's a little harsh, there Lamicus.  You obviously fail to see the historical significance of this logo.  I'm not sure, but I think this may be the first time a red white and blue basketball has been used as part of a logo.  Groundbreaking stuff indeed.

What's next moving the Expos or something.............what a world we live in.

Who are the Expos? That's such a dumb name for a sports team....

I saw, I came, I left.

There's a basketball in that logo? Odd indeed.

Cards.png

Looking a little more closely at the logo itself, I can't help but think that it was stolen from a design I had done a few months ago...

abagamevegas.gif

The similarities are pretty obvious, when you look closely enough, particularly in the area around the Eagle's head (which was also stolen, oddly enough, by the Washington Capitals).

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Well, let's be honest... the ABA's definition of an all-star will be slightly different from what most are used to. In the ABA's case, "All-Star" is defined as a player who is willing to go to the game on his own dime, because his team nor the league can afford to pay his way. :D

nav-logo.png

This logo looks very similar to the NBA all-star weekend when it was hosted by the Golden State Warriors....thoughts???

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

• 1 year later...

Its like "Kansas Beauty", or "Hey streeter did you lose weight".... :D

along the same lines as "Straight Male Cheerleader" or "Ocenfront property in Regina".

You know, a certain sitting US President is a former cheerleader. Just saying is all...

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Starting to wonder if the ABA All Star game really doesn't play out like a live action MySpace meeting.

Clearly not every team is going to have a representative.

And I can't begin to tell you of the times my homies and I have sat back and pontificated about who is the best power forward in the ABA.

I think the main skills competition is to see if more than 10 fans actually recognize the player as an actual player or not some guy that walked in off the street.

I mean, I don't mean to disrepect the Northwestern Central South American National Conference All Stars like that.

Archived