Atlanta Braves Redesign Concept

AAO

i'm normally a fan of your concepts, but i'm really not liking this one.

i'll try to be as constructive as possible, since i know you can take it the right way.

good: solid colored jerseys.... i like that trend. white and grey only can get old, even if it's traditional... colors are great. shoulder stripes are sorta cool too, because i don't associate those with baseball.

bad: the logo... it took me a couple seconds to realize it was an arrow head. when i first opened this thread, and first thing that popped into my head was "what the hell is that?" sorta looked like a golden ice cream cone :) the hat logo reminds me of a sting ray. the alternate logo, with the A inside the arrowhead also needs a little extra work. everything is so north-south, straight up and down and clean, so the italic A looks REALLY out of place inside the arrowhead to me.

this is the first one of your concepts i dont like. the ax looks too busy, as weel as a convoluted primary. better luck next time.

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

k so make the arrowhead look more like an arrowhead is my main worry here. and one thing bothering me is the axe under the scripts on the home and aways. It is making the uniforms a bit too busy.

I think if you just flip the arrowhead upside down it will make it look much better.

The quality of the execution and the originality is just outstanding

I don't dislike this concept as I totally see your strategy, but there's just a few too many little things bothering me...

I like the layout of the logo with the wordmark (although it's a little busy in the likes of all-star games and stadium logos (what's the name of that design co. that did the old Pac Bell logo and its copycats???))

For the other logos, a little too Rocket Ship.

For some reasons when I look at these I think more of the Indians then the Braves, and I hate the Indians (it's a Toronto thing... their fans just take over the city when they're visiting the Jays...)

These concepts are very NBS, not that MLB shouldn't modernize...

And like all good "Feedback Sandwich", I need to end on a positive note...

I absolutely L O V E the colours...

I tend to slightly favour the blue to the red. If i had to mark them on colours and trims (not logo) on a scale of 10, I'd go: Blue: 9.995, Red: 9.98, White: 6.5

You really "understand" colours and shades, and know how to modernize them.

And the hint of beige adds a touch of class.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

The spear going through the A concept is very cool / clever... but not a fan of the "A" font... try some more dynamic A's, perhaps a bit more shaped like the current A , and it could definitely fly as a primary mark.

I say, if use the traditional 'A' logo instead, and you've got a nice transition from the past to the modern. I'd also lose the stripes on the shoulders. They look like batting practice jerseys.

I saw, I came, I left.

• 2 months later...

Archived