2005 World Logo Poker Tournament-Hand #3

Puckguy14

I hope you guys are enjoying this so far. My apologies for not making the deadlines on time for the voting polls, etc. Crazy weeks recently, anyways, moving onward.

Time for you to get a little artistic with your airbrushes....

HAND #3 - Goalie Mask

-You MUST use the template given, or your submission is DQ'd.

-Bets are in by Friday January 28th, 12:01am ET

-Submissions in by Monday, February 7th, 12:01 ET

-The mask can be for yourself, a junior team, or a pro team.

-You may not alter an NHL goaltender's mask.

YOUR CATCH: You may only have two "logos" on the mask: 1 logo, 1 typeface OR 2 logos as a mirrored image. Exceptions will be for if and only if the logo is rendered and not in its logo state, in that case your two logo limit is not eliminated.

Hand3.gif

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YOUR CATCH: You may only have two "logos" on the mask: one logo,one typeface. Exceptions will be for if and only if the logo is rendered and not in its logo state, in that case your two logo limit is not eliminated.

I'm confused a bit. Does that mean the logo not in the logo state doesn't count as one of the 2 logos? A would something like the J on Martin Brodeur's helmet be considered that?

YOUR CATCH: You may only have two "logos" on the mask: one logo,one typeface.  Exceptions will be for if and only if the logo is rendered and not in its logo state, in that case your two logo limit is not eliminated.

I'm confused a bit. Does that mean the logo not in the logo state doesn't count as one of the 2 logos? A would something like the J on Martin Brodeur's helmet be considered that?

The logo ONLY counts when used in its regular state. So Brodeur's "J" would not count. Which is a good example of getting around the two logo rule.

Astrobull, the mirror images are ok.

So please note: 2 logos: 1 logo, 1 typeface OR 2 logos as a mirrored image.

I don't. Although I believe there is one in the templates thread on 12th page.

Also...Hand #3 will allow sidebet challenges. So if there is one person you want to go head to head on, you can. You can bet up 50, 100, 150, or 200 chips on a side bet. Both people must agree to it and have their bets in at the same time as their full bet. Sidebets will be awarded to the person who receives the most votes in the voting thread. In the event of tie, we will go to a run off poll with ALL sidebet challengers.

Confused you guys enough yet? :blink:

1) There is an ai file available in the templates forum...in fact at least two of them, but it looks like they are both still rasters. I went ahead and did a quick vectorization of the goalie mask and I might, might make it available to you guys for a couple days, but you're all going to have to be nice.....just kidding, I'll make it available whether you're nice or not... but later.

2) Puckguy, by "The mask can be for yourself" do you mean I can make it look however I want, i.e. let my imagination run free and unfettered? Equally importantly, does this mean I can use any logo I want, or not use one at all if I wish?

3) If the answer to #2 is yes & yes, I'm open to any side bets from any and all comers until all my money runs out.

Im in for 100...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2) Puckguy, by "The mask can be for yourself" do you mean I can make it look however I want, i.e. let my imagination run free and unfettered? Equally importantly, does this mean I can use any logo I want, or not use one at all if I wish?

Well yeah you can go wild on this, I was expecting that. You can use any logo from any junior, minor, or pro hockey team. OR "the mask can be for yourself" meaning, if you were a goalie create a mask for yourself. If you have your own logo like my avatar shows, you can incorporate that.

Man! I had plan to sit out this hand, but a Goalie's Mask? No way I'm sitting...

Count me in for 150.

I will do a "personal" one.

Well I'm no goalie, but I play on a rec team and I created the logo (or Adapted since originally were given a replica of the Columbia Inferno logo) , and chose the shirt...

We're called the Toronto Inferno

newshirtsmall8sh.jpg

I just had a flash for a concept, hopefully, I can make it justice...

QUESTION:

Any reason why we're not making a "Face" angle?

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived