Super Bowl XL Halftime Show

Roger Clemente

What do you people think should be the entertainment for the Xtra Large Super Bowl in Detroit next year?

Here's my idea.

- A giant pool will be wheeled out onto the field...

- ZZ Top will perform on a stage in the middle of the pool. Why? I don't know. I just saw the name in my MP3 playlist.

- On the top of the roof will be 40 horses lined up on either side of the roof, each one (except one) decked out in a sort of mockup uniform of the previous 39 Super Bowl winners.

- One at a time, in order, each of the first 39 horses will leap off the roof and into the pool.

- The 40th horse will wait until after the game and will jump off the roof into the pool during the Lombardi Trophy presentation, while wearing the winner's uniform.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Since it's Motown, I fully expect to see someone like Smokey Robinson or Aretha Franklin. And I could live with that. Just as long as Aretha doesn't have any "wardrobe malfuntions" like Janet did. :D

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Just as long as Aretha doesn't have any "wardrobe malfuntions" like Janet did. 

Gee thanks for putting that picture in my head.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Interestingly enough, Aretha will be performing and will be wearing the roof of the Silverdome as her gown. Granted, they may have to find some extra fabric just to make it fit. Quite appropriate for Super Bowl XL.

LOL!

I personally am not the most PC guy myself, and will pretty much make fun of anybody (especially those lazy duMaurier-smoking-anywhere-50-drinker-Welfare-Collector-French-Canadians), but my wife who is on the other end of the spectrum wen it comes to politically-correctness, mentioned one day that it's pretty sad that the only group that we can still openly make fun of are obese people. She says that now that people are more sensitive to race (relatively) and to gender jokes, hollywood and everybody else is picking on the FAT... (note that she is all but 130 lbs at 5'8").

Go figure...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

LOL!

I personally am not the most PC guy myself, and will pretty much make fun of anybody (especially those lazy duMaurier-smoking-anywhere-50-drinker-Welfare-Collector-French-Canadians), but my wife who is on the other end of the spectrum wen it comes to politically-correctness, mentioned one day that it's pretty sad that the only group that we can still openly make fun of are obese people. She says that now that people are more sensitive to race (relatively) and to gender jokes, hollywood and everybody else is picking on the FAT... (note that she is all but 130 lbs at 5'8").

Go figure...

Actually, that's not even true anymore. If one makes fun of a large person (notice I have to say "large" instead of "fat"), people call me insensitive and that this person is either (1) making a life choice ("I wanna be fat..."), (2) fat because of this "disease" known as obesity, or (3) fat because of genetics. Sure. That, or they don't watch their diet or exercise AT ALL.

In reality, the only people open now to being made fun of are white men. And with good reason.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Well seens as the last half time duet worked so well and went off without a catch ( :D ) I suggest a duet between two Detroit natives. And what more wholesome partners could one find than Madonna and Eminem. :evil:

Oh please .......... NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Between those two and Kid Rock, they make me embarassed that I am originally from Detroit.

How about Bob Segar and Anita Baker. Or is that worse?

:D

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Super Bowl XL?

Fat Joe

Heavy D

Big Pun's Ghost

David Crosby

Notorious B.I.G.'s Ghost

How about replacing Big Poppa's ghost with Guerilla Black? He sounds just the same and is twice as alive as Biggie... ^_^

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

LOL!

Go figure...

I think the only group left that can be picked on without recourse is white southern males. In fact, it's almost politically incorrect NOT to pick on them.

Super Bowl XL?

Fat Joe

Heavy D

Big Pun's Ghost

David Crosby

Notorious B.I.G.'s Ghost

How about replacing Big Poppa's ghost with Guerilla Black? He sounds just the same and is twice as alive as Biggie... ^_^

2x0=0

Actually, that's not even true anymore. If one makes fun of a large person (notice I have to say "large" instead of "fat"), people call me insensitive and that this person is either (1) making a life choice ("I wanna be fat..."), (2) fat because of this "disease" known as obesity, or (3) fat because of genetics. Sure. That, or they don't watch their diet or exercise AT ALL.

Exactly, I'm fat because I eat too damn much.

I think the only group left that can be picked on without recourse is white southern males. In fact, it's almost politically incorrect NOT to pick on them.

I'm offended! I am calling Chris, the FCC of this site, to request that you stop being derogatory to my group! There will be marches! MARCHES I SAY!

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Super Bowl XL?

Fat Joe

Heavy D

Big Pun's Ghost

David Crosby

Notorious B.I.G.'s Ghost

2x0=0

Exactly, I'm fat because I eat too damn much.

I'm offended! I am calling Chris, the FCC of this site, to request that you stop being derogatory to my group! There will be marches! MARCHES I SAY!

...but no marches by the fat people, they're too busy watching "The Amazing Race".

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Pyrotechnics.

Lots of fireworks.

And Rammstein playing "Feuer Frei" with orchestral backup.

Yeah, just have a whole bunch of fireworks, some Rammestein, and chicks in scantily-but-classy clad wear dancing. That would be the ultimate Super Bowl halftime show. :lol:

Archived