Jays Cap Complaint

CC97

The Toronto Blue Jays held a "season ticket gathering" last night in which fans could make requests to the upper management -- one moment that I'm sure everyone here would appreciate was a complaint about the team home caps.

(sportsnet.ca)

"A fan asked that the Blue Jays have blue hats once again, saying the grey hats the team sports at home are awful. He got the loudest applause of the evening."

I wonder if they'll get the hint in time for 2006.

:)

jays2.jpg

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's good news. I - like most of the rest of you - think that the Jays would look really nice if they added more Blue back into the uniforms. Name aside, they would just look better.

I still think that they should also replace the Black with Navy Blue as well though...

Am I the only one who loved the most recent set of Blue Jays uniforms?  It seemed to me a great revamp of the 1970s classics with a modern aesthetic.

Are you talking about these? I thought they looked good. Last year's redesign was awful, in my opinion.

al_1999_toronto.gif

I think I would be more concerned at the fact that my team finished 15 games under .500 and lost my best player, rather than what color hats they weren't wearing.

It was one complaint -- the whole meeting wasn't about that :rolleyes: Wouldn't be much going on if person after person said "Why don't we get gooder players?"

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Am I the only one who loved the most recent set of Blue Jays uniforms? It seemed to me a great revamp of the 1970s classics with a modern aesthetic.

Nope, I thought they looked good too, but I preferred the 1999-2002 variation (the one with piping instead of striping on the sleeve ends and before they went to the T-bird logo on the caps)...

QPR%20Sig.png

I think I would be more concerned at the fact that my team finished 15 games under .500 and lost my best player, rather than what color hats they weren't wearing.

It was one complaint -- the whole meeting wasn't about that :rolleyes: Wouldn't be much going on if person after person said "Why don't we get gooder players?"

eh? ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Only 15? whoa!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Am I the only one who loved the most recent set of Blue Jays uniforms?  It seemed to me a great revamp of the 1970s classics with a modern aesthetic.

Nope, I thought they looked good too, but I preferred the 1999-2002 variation (the one with piping instead of striping on the sleeve ends and before they went to the T-bird logo on the caps)...

Yeah, this is the one I was thinking of:

al_2002_toronto.gif

Before the T-cap. Gorgeous uniforms. I was never sold on the road "vests," but still, I thought this was the best thing they had worn to date, and the more I see the Graphite Jays the more I'm convinced moving away from this was a mistake.

anything but what they have now, which is minor league at best. They have a classic

name Blue Jays, it just sounds like a baseball team. You don't see the Cardinals ditching everything and going with Cards on their unis or coming out with a modern bird

Take a page from Baltimore and St. Louis, stick with classics.

I believe it was more like 27 games under .500 (67-94). And besides, for a team whose goal was to try and gradually drop the "Blue" from the team name (a la Tampa Bay Rays), grey and black hats are certainly gonna do it. :P

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Archived