Jays Cap Complaint

CC97

anything but what they have now, which is minor league at best. They have a classic

name Blue Jays, it just sounds like a baseball team. You don't see the Cardinals ditching everything and going with Cards on their unis or coming out with a modern bird

Take a page from Baltimore and St. Louis, stick with classics.

I guess Jays is better than BJ's :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I the only one who loved the most recent set of Blue Jays uniforms? It seemed to me a great revamp of the 1970s classics with a modern aesthetic.

you're not the only one.

CHRIS, I know they changed their road uniforms from that dark graphite color to the matte grey they have now and had them ready for 2004. They have the blue caps do they not? Couldn't this be something they could impliment right away?

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

anything but what they have now, which is minor league at best. They have a classic

name Blue Jays, it just sounds like a baseball team. You don't see the Cardinals ditching everything and going with Cards on their unis or coming out with a modern bird

Take a page from Baltimore and St. Louis, stick with classics.

I guess Jays is better than BJ's :D

nice double entendre there

Am I the only one who loved the most recent set of Blue Jays uniforms?  It seemed to me a great revamp of the 1970s classics with a modern aesthetic.

you're not the only one.

CHRIS, I know they changed their road uniforms from that dark graphite color to the matte grey they have now and had them ready for 2004. They have the blue caps do they not? Couldn't this be something they could impliment right away?

The only blue caps i've seen with the new logo on it are replicas sold at merchandise stands at the stadium (the blue is real bright) -- i'm sure mlb has to approve such a change and i dont think they would approve it this close to the season.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Maybe its just me, but I think the logo on those caps is just WAY too big. I agree, though, it would look alot better as a blue cap.

I totally agree! the logo is way too large. I attended the logo unveiling in late 2003 and i just figured they made it that large in time for showing it off.

Can't believe they kept it that large. Looks like a turn ahead the clock concept.

Yeah I just thought they had all the graphite uniforms ready to go during spring training last year and decided just before the start of the season to switch to greys. I imagine they could use the black hats during spring training while they have blue ones made up to be ready for the home opener. That gives them 2 months to get an order of caps ready for the season. It just doesn't seem impossible to me.

BUT here we go...another season with the grey caps. YUCKS.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

The redesign wasnt bad. The black uni is nice, but it would be better to have a grey/blue uni instead of the grey, and blue caps. I own the shirt that Roots released after the unvailing of the new logos, and it is a damn nice shirt. I got it the next day. My parents met the guy who designed them a few weeks after the unvailng, he was some American dude and he said that the reason there isnt a maple leaf on the uni is to appeal more to the Americans because they would be more interested in buying something with a J and a bird instead of something that represents another country. On a side note, my dads company designed the new Rogers Centre logo...not the name.... and like the Jays logo, the name reflects the appearence of the Dome being something more then just a baseball stadium.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

What gray hats are you talking about? Either I am missing something here, or somethings off, because the aht in that picture is blue, and they're at home.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

What gray hats are you talking about? Either I am missing something here, or somethings off, because the aht in that picture is blue, and they're at home.

its a PHOTOSHOP JOB! :rolleyes:<_<

I'll take it as a compliment :)

---

Chris Creamer

9a_1_b.JPG

I always liked these jerseys. I actually bought the hat with that logo and the white front from DistantReplays.com. That's a great store for throwbacks. I think I wanna buy this jersey too if I ever find one. Maybe with Paul Molitor's name on it...or Devon White.

I really like my hat, and now and again I go out and confuse people by wearing my Team USA baskeball jersey with the Blue Jays hat. You'd be surprised at the looks I get. It's kinda funny.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I actually bought the hat with that logo and the white front from DistantReplays.com.

I own a unique Jays cap that is kinda like that one... it's got the white front panel with the new jays cap logo and black in place of blue -- i wouldn't mind seeing something like that become an alternate cap.

---

Chris Creamer

Hey, here's a great, original idea: Wear the black hat at home and the gray cap on the road, hmmmm?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Am I the only one who loved the most recent set of Blue Jays uniforms?  It seemed to me a great revamp of the 1970s classics with a modern aesthetic.

Nope, I thought they looked good too, but I preferred the 1999-2002 variation (the one with piping instead of striping on the sleeve ends and before they went to the T-bird logo on the caps)...

Yeah, this is the one I was thinking of:

al_2002_toronto.gif

Before the T-cap. Gorgeous uniforms. I was never sold on the road "vests," but still, I thought this was the best thing they had worn to date, and the more I see the Graphite Jays the more I'm convinced moving away from this was a mistake.

best unis they had, imo. i was so angry whenthey went they ditched these unis. they even looked good with the stupid t-bird.

"Hey, here's a great, original idea:  Wear the black hat at home and the gray cap on the road, hmmmm?"

"Please tell me that was sarcasm." :P

Yes that was sarcasm at work there.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Archived