hockey

goalieboy82

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lemme help you out. Both sides are experiencing the hangover/"did-he-just-do-what-I-think-he-did?" syndrome and can't believe they actually let this stupid disagreement get to this point.

Here's TSN's Scoop

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Now it is to the point where both sides are just toying with use. Neither wants to look like they actually let it get this far. Nothing will happen.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

The season has been cancelled this will just be more BS.

The way the Players reacted, i don't know.

They may pull a coup of Goodenow and accept the NHL deal.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Good grief.

Let dead things lie.

They need this season to be killed off in order to fix the damn game.

Speaking of which, IF they restart, howsabout no one go to the first few games? Pretend as if it's still a cancelled season.

Let the NHL know we won't stand for this :censored:.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

*shakes head* if they end up with an agreement and play within a month, then this labour situation has become a bigger farce. When Bettman "cancelled" the season on Wednesday that should have been it. He put forth a deadline, it came and went without a deal. The players are the ones that refused the last-minute deal and they should face the consequence of a lost season. If they are doing any negotiating now, it should be for next season.

*yawn* wake me up when it's over...

ZZZ... ZZZ... ZZZ...

*prepares bullhorn* ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Wow, damage has been done but getting the season going, even if it's just a 30 team tournament, would control a little of it.

I have a question, even the owners in 94-95 went behind Bettmans back and got a deal done how did he stay commissioner? Let's hope if a deal gets done tomorrow that Bettman will no longer be commish and the get a hockey person in to run the sport.

The way The Hockey News is implying things, this new "agreement in principle" (which the PA is denying) was spearheaded by Gretzky and Lemieux. Hmm. Fire Bettman and Goodenow and give these guys the jobs in a few years? Even though they're both involved in the owner aspect of the game, I'm sure they could really achieve great things if they led the NHL. Just a far-out thought, but you never know...

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Why would Bettman be fired? He did exactly what his bosses told him to do. It also looks like in the end, if this happens, he got them exactly what they wanted.

Goodenow, on the other hand, did absolutely nothing for the players. In the end the players get exactly what they didn't want, look bad to the public, and lost 5 months worth of NHL salaries.

Plus, according to Bettman's news conference the other day, the NHL has a new set of rules ready for the season to start. If they happen to work, make the game more interesting, and draw more fans than expected post lock out. he's a champ.

Bettman is in a position to save/keep his job, Goodenow/Saskin/Linden are absolutely done if there is a settlement now.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Betteman is ruining the sport, that is why.

He should not be in charge of the NHL. Maybe the Wendy's on Rt. 611, but not the NHL.

I don't think he should be in charge either but in reality the owners love him so he'll stay -- just like the mlb owners love bud selig so he'll stay (who, btw, is doing a pretty good job, compared to how he is portrayed as doing)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived