Fightin' Trout

andrewharrington

I had some free time, and thought I would try a fish to hone some skills, but I ask you guys to give me some feedback on it before I create a wordmark for it and drop it in the portfolio, effectively "finishing" it for all intents and purposes.

Fighting-Trout.gif

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Looks nice. Not really all that ferocious looking, but definitely a fish with some attitude. Very nice colours and the overall design is solid. When are we getting a wordmark? The colours would look awesome in text, I think.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

wait...one thing, the logo itself looks perfect, but one thing maybe IMO would be to add a thin outline around it, maybe a silver or even a lighter shade of the light blue you used. and id try a darker green than 561C along with that outline just to see how it would look, but still amazing nonetheless. just some ideas to play with.

Really good job there tempest. It ain't aggressive, but you can see it has power. The colors are really unique. :notworthy:

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

That's a great looking fish! :notworthy:

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Sweet fish.

One comment - the dorsal fin (top fin?) is correctly set back far on the body for a trout. However, since it "lines up" with the lower rear fin (anal fin?), there seems to be a size mis-match (to me, since those two fins appear at the same point in the drawing, my mind wants them to be symmetrical, even though I KNOW they aren't). How would it look if you slid the dorsal fin forward just a half of a fins length or so?

It's where I sit.

Something about the tail looks off...is it the angle? For some reason I imagine the tail to be lower visually, maybe almost being slighty obscured but the rest of the body of the fish.

Awesome work otherwise :)

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

...and...I'm now reminded that I never finished something that I promised you...

Actually, you dont really have to worry about that if you do not want to PANTONE, because that particular high school would rather have a clipart/web image CELTICS logo designed by a class president than a decent one designed by an art student who has alumni connections wth the city. Until I canprove the claims and find this . . .

topmiddlewithlogo.png

on the web somewhere, the administration will not do anything to change it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

And to elaborate on the birth of this idea, because this is a good story.

I was walking to the post office from class yesterday, and I spotted this girl's shoes, and they were chartreuse, dark blue-green, and sky blue, and that is one of the many unique and unnatural color combinations living in my head. So I was thinking, "Man, I have to use that for something." I wanted to do something I had not previously done and something that appropriately fit that scheme, so I thought of freshwater fish.

Upon returning from the post office, I racked my brain coming up with a good fish to draw; one with a unique yet recognizable name. That led me to trout, but i wanted to spice it up a bit, so I found a photo of a rainbow trout and adjusted my colors to taste and judgment many times over, and I added the salmon color later to give it that rainbow character. It was tough, actually it ended up being impossible to find an orange-pink that didn't vibrate against the green and didn't bleed with the sky blue, which is why I had to add the dark green lines the separate the salmon and the blue.

Basically, 'This whole concept grew from a color scheme' is the moral of the story. It was a really great exercise in working backwards, because I ususally have a set color scheme, but when I do come up with new ideas, I usually do the forms, then assign colors. I feel like I am learning a lot and improving with my approach and my execution.

I want to make this guy more aggressive by the time I am done, and I want to fix the pectoral and anal fins, because there are issues there; they dont really fit the style of the other fins. I planned on using an outline AAO, so that will come when I do the wordmark, probably today. By the way AAO, is there any chance you will be going into the Ohio University graphic design program. I only ask because I know you're heading off to college this fall and I am transferring up there because they have a good program.

Archived