Fightin' Trout

andrewharrington

Really nice, but those colors would probably loom pretty sissy on a uniform.

I'm sure someone said that about purple and teal at one time as well. But the Mighty Ducks and Diamondbacks have invalidated that theory, haven't they?

Or brown and orange. How about rainbows? Powder blue and yellow?

Colors don't necessarily "sissify" a uniform.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

brown and orange aren't "sissy" colors. Powder blue and yellow is an exception, the Nuggets and Chargers pull it off real well. But Could you honestly vision a jersey with light green, yellow, and baby blue? I don't know, it just looks awkward in my head.

Howard1.jpg

Really nice, but those colors would probably look pretty sissy on a uniform.

If you use the logo's dark green as your principal color and restrict the lighter hues to accent, striping and/or trim colors, you'll have a classy looking uniform that will be anything but "sissified."

Fighting-Trout.gif

If used the right way you could have a solid uniform without them looking "sissy". This logo just can't go wrong.....clean lines and great colors to accent them!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I've decided I'm done stroking your ego (just for this thread :D ). I've already told you numerous times how rapidly your stuff is progressing and this is no exception.

This isn't quite a fleshed out concept cause there's no text yet, but its very nicely done.

My questions are pertaining to the forehead and gill area. Both have been detailed to give sharp against the grain edges to the fishes head. It almost looks like his head "telescopes"? Like a turtle?

I know its nitpicky, but there is nothing on a fish that would do that. I realize its detail and artistic license and that they are exciting elements. But fish (trout in particular) are ridiculously streamlined. Every element that protrudes from their missle-like bodies goes backward to aide, rather than hinder, their swimming in the quick moving stream waters.

Just a thought.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

My questions are pertaining to the forehead and gill area.  Both have been detailed to give sharp against the grain edges to the fishes head.  It almost looks like his head "telescopes"?  Like a turtle?

I know its nitpicky, but there is nothing on a fish that would do that.  I realize its detail and artistic license and that they are exciting elements.  But fish (trout in particular) are ridiculously streamlined.  Every element that protrudes from their missle-like bodies goes backward to aide, rather than hinder, their swimming in the quick moving stream waters.

Just a thought.

It's a cartoonish fish, it doesn't need to be perfect............it already is!

tempest, don't make any major changes.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

1) C&C was solicited

2) The changes I suggested are hardly major ones.

3) "Cartoon" or not, an illustration is the sum of its parts. How we know its a fish is cause he already worked hard at simplifying, yet delivering, on the tail, fins, eyes, mouth, gill plates, coloring et al. I'm merely pointing out two elements that seem to indicate "not fish" that may get in the way of the viewer reading the image properly.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

1) C&C was solicited

2) The changes I suggested are hardly major ones.

3) "Cartoon" or not, an illustration is the sum of its parts. How we know its a fish is cause he already worked hard at simplifying, yet delivering, on the tail, fins, eyes, mouth, gill plates, coloring et al. I'm merely pointing out two elements that seem to indicate "not fish" that may get in the way of the viewer reading the image properly.

Good enough, you're the pro!

Retired Number's To Come

I put together some PDFs of the colors - in Solid Colors (using Tempest's Pantone choices), Textile Colors, Thread Colors (Robison-Anton threads), and Process Colors (just using the four-color Pantone equivalents). Here they are:

Tempest Fightin' Trout - Solid Colors

Tempest Fightin' Trout - Textile Colors

Tempest Fightin' Trout - Thread Colors

Tempest Fightin' Trout - Process Colors

I matched Tempest's Pantone choices with the closest Pantone Textile (cotton) color, and the closest Robison-Anton thread colors. I matched these using the corresponding RGB values with the RGB values of the Pantone colors. So, the Textiles are pretty accurate, while the Thread colors were a bit harder to match.

great design! that should be a northwest based team - i wonder, by the fantastic look of that design, could you basically do the same one for a fighting chinooks team?

uniforms would look great with that design btw, what sport are they going to be for? personally, i think hockey would work really, really well

fantastic work!

OD_Signature.jpg

Where's my rod & flies - got to hook me a trout. Oh, it's not real.

Great logo!! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I put together some PDFs of the colors - in Solid Colors (using Tempest's Pantone choices), Textile Colors, Thread Colors (Robison-Anton threads), and Process Colors (just using the four-color Pantone equivalents). Here they are:

Tempest Fightin' Trout - Solid Colors

Tempest Fightin' Trout - Textile Colors

Tempest Fightin' Trout - Thread Colors

Tempest Fightin' Trout - Process Colors

I matched Tempest's Pantone choices with the closest Pantone Textile (cotton) color, and the closest Robison-Anton thread colors. I matched these using the corresponding RGB values with the RGB values of the Pantone colors. So, the Textiles are pretty accurate, while the Thread colors were a bit harder to match.

Thanks for that PANTONE. You read my mind. I am really pleased with this one, so much so that I may get a custom jersey done, so this info will come in handy.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived