Check out the WHA site!

GeneralW91

mf_laughbounce.gifmf_laughbounce.gifmf_laughbounce.gif

This league is going to be like the ABA and wont be able to afford travel, especially if they are going to have teams throughout North America, Europe, and Russia.

Speaking of ABA

ABAsite, those are the coolest smileys ever!

Signature intentionally left blank

Took a look at the WHA History Page. All I can say is: Wow. I don't think I've read anything so self-serving and arrogant in all my life...

...Stodgy NHL executives, smoking cigars and drinking scotch, sat in their offices and snickered at what they considered the folly of this new league. They had no fear that two literally unknown individuals from California would have any impact at all on the National Hockey League. Imagine their eventual surprise when, in many ways, the WHA revolutionized the game of professional hockey as it was being played then...
....But coloured pucks weren?t the end of these unorthodox efforts. The New York Golden Blades wore skates painted white with gold skate blades. Another team had jungle green sweaters with bright gold trim. In fact, most of the teams had unusual uniform colors and styles. Yet while considered gaudy by many at the time, hideously coloured and designed uniforms are now commonplace in the NHL....
...Of course, lets not forget the trophy. Instead of the Stanley cup, players completed for the Avco Cup, so named because Avco Financial floated some cash to the league to help get things going. Youngsters from Vancouver to Halifax now dreamed of someday holding Lord Avco?s Cup high above their heads...

<Sarky On> Awesome! That all sounds exactly like the sort of thing a real professional league would say about itself. <Sarky Off>

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

Took a look at the WHA History Page. All I can say is: Wow. I don't think I've read anything so self-serving and arrogant in all my life...
...Stodgy NHL executives, smoking cigars and drinking scotch, sat in their offices and snickered at what they considered the folly of this new league. They had no fear that two literally unknown individuals from California would have any impact at all on the National Hockey League. Imagine their eventual surprise when, in many ways, the WHA revolutionized the game of professional hockey as it was being played then...
....But coloured pucks weren’t the end of these unorthodox efforts. The New York Golden Blades wore skates painted white with gold skate blades. Another team had jungle green sweaters with bright gold trim. In fact, most of the teams had unusual uniform colors and styles. Yet while considered gaudy by many at the time, hideously coloured and designed uniforms are now commonplace in the NHL....
...Of course, lets not forget the trophy. Instead of the Stanley cup, players completed for the Avco Cup, so named because Avco Financial floated some cash to the league to help get things going. Youngsters from Vancouver to Halifax now dreamed of someday holding Lord Avco’s Cup high above their heads...

<Sarky On> Awesome! That all sounds exactly like the sort of thing a real professional league would say about itself. <Sarky Off>

Now I get it...... Kim Jong Il is behind the WHA, right? ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Do the words "Washington Baseball (Independent!)" mean anything to you

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Keep this up, and a no-expenses vacation from this board will be all yours.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I apologize. To render the term used to describe a segment of population as an insult was inappopriate. So for that I am sorry. As a person who has been vocal about using images and names regarding races and people, I should know better and have been more respectful.

Having said that, I do not apologize for the intent of the post. Just the way it was presented.

edited to make it look like I said something bad.

:D

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived