I'm bored! help me out!

nitroseed

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok Nitroseed,

I am trying to joing the Fantasy League (around the Message Board), but all are full, however if some owner drops out I need to be ready to join up quick.

My Football team will be the Raytown Ravens.  I taught about being the Red Ravens but I am thinking about using Maroon (lighter shade), White or Gray, and a black for trim.

Real Ravens are a black bird with purple tint on their feathers, however I have always like Maroon and white. The ball is in your court-I will have a stab at the unis later, as I am a rookie and am getting my feet wet.  I usually do everything by hand.

Good luck,

KCScout76

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Amen to what Ez Street Said: what if the Scouts were around today. I think they would have changed colors and they would have kept the Scout mascot but the logo would have been changed. This town uses Red, White & Blue a lot so I think that would have stayed.

Have you got any creative Idea?

Go to town Nitroseed :)

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Even though they're my favorite team, and I love the logo, how about taking on a real challenge and redesigning the San Francisco 49ers logo package. Please don't kill me Shark!!!

That would be awesome! I, myself, am quite content with the interlocking SF they have now, but I'd like to see what else could be thrown out there!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Well I guess we've got a read on how many people are looking for custom-made logos but are afraid to ask!  Hey Nitro, if you finish all 37 of those, I've got plenty more ideas for you  :D

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

New York Americans. NHL. What would they look like if they were still around today?

I have some ideas for this but I haven't put them together yet, just want to see what you can come up with.

Alright, here is my New York Americans concept. The torch is based upon that of the Statue of Liberty's. Colors are navy, sky blue, white, silver and red. Below is the logo w/ wordmark, and the symbol separate, which would be on the front of the jerseys.

logo-nya.jpgsymbol-nya.jpg

Let's see... so many concepts, so little time. In no particular order, I'd love to see what you could do with some of the following team identities...

New Britain BuzzSaw: Decidely minor-league, it was a suggestion for New Britain's Eastern League baseball team. Trying to be all things to all people, it paid homage to the team's home at the time (Beehive Field), New Britain's position as home to Stanley Tools AND the team's then-owner (Joe Buzas). Whenever I heard the name, all I could picture was some sort of angry-looking, flying insect with a buzzsaw blade protruding from its stinger. Like I said, decidely minor-league.

Hartford Whalers: Okay, don't get me wrong... I absolutely loved the final "Whale Tail" logo this team used. However, I always felt that it was better suited to being a secondary mark. Why? Because the name of the team was the "Whalers", not the "Whales". Politically-correct thinking be damned! I always wanted to see what someone could make of a primary mark featuring a whaler... you know, a muscular, sea-faring guy wielding a harpoon. The Navy, green, silver and white color scheme was terrific. But give me my whaler, damn it!

Houston Apollos: While attending the annual sporting-goods industry "Super Show" in Las Vegas a few years back, I was actually part of a focus group that was questioned regarding the preliminary identities/artwork under consideration for the NFL's Houston expansion franchise. I was always interested in what might have been done with the "Apollos" identity. Given my recent posts in the Tampa Bay Lightning thread, folks are probably going to role their eyes over this, but hear me out. I've always wondered whether their might have been a way to marry the ideas of the Greek deity Apollo with the rocket/space exploration theme in a single logo? If memory serves me, the palette they were talking about for the "Apollos" identity was a deep "midnight" blue, wine, metalllic gold and white.

Atlantic Schooners: The Canadian Football League once toyed with the idea of placing a team in the Maritime Provinces. If memory serves me, a stadium was going to be built in the area of Halifax, Nova Scotia. They had even developed a name and logo. Atlantic Schooners was the name (pitching the team to the entire region). The logo was the silhouette of a Schooner rendered in the center of a letter "A". Scrap their logo and come up with your own. What would the CFL's foray into the Maritimes look like with Nitroseed at the helm?

Brian in Boston

Hey, if you wanna do the Cedar Rapids Red Storm of the CFA, that would be great, and especially if you wanna do concepts for all our teams, that would be especially cool. It would be neat to see your ideas.

Anyway:

CR Red Storm Colors -

Red (Obviously - some sort of dark shade)

Gray

Black

White

Thanks.

(Also, Mockba, if you're reading this, I still look forward to seeing your concept as well, and still understand that you have other things to do.)

sig09.jpg

As usual Nitroseed, that is beautiful.  If to be used on a jersey, I think they'd have to put the wordmark with the torch on it.  The torch by itself really wouldn't work, I don't think.  Still, great work.  And you did it in 2 and a half hours!! WOW!!  You are a great addition to the talent on this board.

Feel no need to do this, but what would you do with the Buffalo Sabres?  You could use the classic or current colors.  I really like to see what you come up with.

(Also, Mockba, if you're reading this, I still look forward to seeing your concept as well, and still understand that you have other things to do.)

Oh, yeah, I didn't see -that- coming when I started reading that post... :;):

(June's been hell. But I'm getting my groove back, just ask GMS. *heh*)

Nitro, just amazing. Can I have the chunk of your brain that you have that I don't?  :laugh:

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I've decided to try a couple of Americans jerseys, not originally based on your logo, but I used it anyways.  I recolored the light blue because I had no use for it, as well I made the words NEW YORK in red on the road one to offset the lue saturation.  I kept a star for the shoulders instead of the torch.

Copy and paste:

http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx...Americans-1.gif

http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx...Americans-2.gif

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived