Baseball Uniform Question

rnewvy9

the rules forbid the use of pullover jerseys, elastic waist pants, color-clashing cap panels, ball in glove logos, the color brown, stripes across the belly of the jersey, pants in any color other then white, cream, gray, and I guess, khaki.

Im sure there are more.

the rules forbid the use of pullover jerseys, elastic waist pants, color-clashing cap panels, ball in glove logos, the color brown, stripes across the belly of the jersey, pants in any color other then white, cream, gray, and I guess, khaki.

Im sure there are more.

Let's write these in stone!

The only thing I would change would be to change "pants in any color other than..." to "pants or jerseys in any color other than..."

I hate colored jerseys. They look like BP or Spring Training. If a team must use colored jerseys, then the pants should be the same color, regardless, even if it means the 1975 Cleveland Indians bloody marys. :therock:

Technically, I believe there are only a few specific rules regarding uniforms, most of them deal with the pitcher.

A pitcher may not pitch with tattered sleeves.

No part of the uniform may imitate the seams of a baseball (although I think logo patches are the exception).

No metal buttons.

The bottom of the pant leg must be elasticized (may be an unofficial rule, made last season deu to the players wearing the pants down over their cleats).

No foreign substance in uniforms that may alter the baseball (pine tar is ok, as seen on many batting helmets).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

those in the above post, that and these:

-the home team can wear any color they damn well please. currently the only primary home uniforms that aren't straight up white are the Giants and Diamondbacks (both off-white)

-IIRC, no part of the visiting teams' uniform (not counting shoes or socks) can be primarily white w/o special permission from the league (e.g. mid 80s Cubs, 70s A's). Gray is simply used out of tradition. As we all know by now, the only regular non-gray road uniform belongs to the Fathers.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

-the home team can wear any color they damn well please. currently the only primary home uniforms that aren't straight up white are the Giants and Diamondbacks (both off-white)

I've heard that there might be more teams doing this in 2006 and beyond...

...don't know who though.

-the home team can wear any color they damn well please.  currently the only primary home uniforms that aren't straight up white are the Giants and Diamondbacks (both off-white)

I've heard that there might be more teams doing this in 2006 and beyond...

...don't know who though.

Im guessing the cardinals will be one of them

So...should I wait to buy my authentic cardinals jersey?

You just have to say yes or no...that's all I ask. :D

I made one with the giants color for the cardinals and...I don't mean to brag but it looked hot as hell my friends.

So...should I wait to buy my authentic cardinals jersey?

You just have to say yes or no...that's all I ask. :D

I'll reiterate...

I don't know WHO will be doing this; just that there MIGHT be teams in the future doing this.

That's all I know. I have a source who told me that this will probably be a new trend.

Does anybody know the MLB rule for jerseys? Like what color at home and road. I know home is whit, but what is road.                    Thanks

Official Rules of Major League Baseball.

a) (1) All players on a team shall wear uniforms identical in color, trim and style, and all players uniforms shall include minimal six inch numbers on their backs. (2) Any part of an undershirt exposed to view shall be of a uniform solid color for all players on a team. Any player other than the pitcher may have numbers, letters, insignia attached to the sleeve of the undershirt. (3) No player whose uniform does not conform to that of his teammates shall be permitted to participate in a game. B) A league may provide that (1) each team shall wear a distinctive uniform at all times, or (2) that each team shall have two sets of uniforms, white for home games and a different color for road games. c) (1) Sleeve lengths may vary for individual players, but the sleeves of each individual player shall be approximately the same length. (2) No player shall wear ragged, frayed or slit sleeves. d) No player shall attach to his uniform tape or other material of a different color from his uniform. e) No part of the uniform shall include a pattern that imitates or suggests the shape of a baseball. f) Glass buttons and polished metal shall not be used on a uniform. g) No player shall attach anything to the heel or toe of his shoe other than the ordinary shoe plate or toe plate. Shoes with pointed spikes similar to golf or track shoes shall not be worn. h) No part of the uniform shall include patches or designs relating to commercial advertisements. i) A league may provide that the uniforms of its member teams include the names of its players on their backs. Any name other than the last name of the player must be approved by the League President. If adopted, all uniforms for a team must have the names of its players.

So the AL and the NL can choose between having each team wear a single, distinctive uniform like most youth leagues or having teams wear white at home, non-white on the road. In the most technical sense, solid-color home alternates are against the rules in addition to being evil. If I was commish, I'd change the rule so that home teams can wear whatever uniforms they want, but if the home team wears a non-white shirt it bats first in the inning. You want to dress like a visiting team, then you get to play like the visiting team. Also, the umpire would have the power (like soccer refs) to order one team to change its uniforms to ensure that the two teams have contrasting uniforms. But that's just me.

20082614447.png

Archived