Lightning idea

dgnmrwrw

High everyone. Ive been checking out this board for a few weeks now and thought I would post a few of my ideas, so here goes the Lightning:

Tampa.gif

Of course, thanks to Roger for the template and numbers.

I always thought these guys would look solid with black pants and helmets but a blue sweater. Any thoughts?

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

The sleeves would look better if the black were extended to the end of the sleeve on the blue jersey and likewise for the white jersey. Otherwise, not bad.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Thanks for the comments everybody. I did a quick one with the colors extending to the bottoms of the sleeves. I think I still like the first one, though. It seems more dynamic to me. Anyhow, heres the new one.

Tampa2.gif

Thanks for the comments everybody. I did a quick one with the colors extending to the bottoms of the sleeves. I think I still like the first one, though. It seems more dynamic to me. Anyhow, heres the new one.

Tampa2.gif

There ya go. That works for me.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Looks great, but I have an issue with the arm striping.

RC's template is great - I use it too (when I make jerseys...very rare...something to do with a lack of talent). Anyway, the one problem with the template is that it's often difficult to visualize what the jersey would look like being worn by an actual person. If you were to wear either of those jerseys, you'd have an extreme "V" shape practically at your wrist. It would probably get covered by the glove and, in fact, most of the striping would be on the bottom part of the arm, and rarely seen.

My suggestion is to raise the striping of the second version up a bit, so that the "V" is higher up and you can see more of the striping when the jersey's actually being worn.

Just an opinion. By the way, I love the shade of blue you're using.

Yeah, I had considered that glove problem too, but the quick mock up I tried looked really forced, especially around the shoulder numbers. So I went back and tweaked it pretty carefully, and I think this one looks a lot better.

Tampa3.gif

Very Nice. Better than what they have.

I still think they should have the Florida logo on the front though.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived