Minnesota Mosquitos

rtrich11

I did the logo on the left in 1999. I cleaned up a few things here, but basically the same. I always wanted to do a full-body logo of it, but never got around to it. The font is Gill Sans on both, but because they look so different, do they go together as a package or not? I think the new one is close to being done, but not quite there. Hmmm.

I don't do many hockey concepts, but for a jersey, I think the old 1999 logo would work better. Perhaps with or without the wordmark over it. Maybe I'll post something like that later.

MosquitosWeb.jpg

ah another insect logo :P

great use of the colors. the green is able to stand out against the black, which tends to usually be a problem when those two colors are used together.

the only thing that I would say, and this is just the exterminator in me being entomogically correct, is that the mosquito's wings should be longer. However that is no big deal.

and no, I dont make calls for mosquito services. in that case, call your local Dept. of Vector Control :D

Minnesota, too? I thought it was just Wisconsin

I lived in Minnesota as a little kid, and one thing I remember was once the sun started setting in the summer the mosquitos were insane. Everyone smelled like Off bug spray. Moved to Texas and replaced that bug with fire ants.

Thought Mosquitos was an appropriate name for a minor league team, and I'm surprised noone uses it.

That's pretty cool. I did not want that to be the name (I don't remember if it was a finalist, but I had a friend who thought it was a great idea). But this logo would have saved the name.

(Kinda like how the Wild's identity saved its bad name).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I really like the 2005 alterations you've made. The addition of the pine trees really grounds this both visually and geographically for me.

My only question is, would it makes sense to put back legs on the bugger?

Admire your work a great deal!

"Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes."

Nice job here but I would try adding a little more detail to the tree's.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

looks nothing like a mosquito

here is a mosquitomosquito.gif

He is going for a more cartoony style. I mean, it can be argued that Mickey Mouse doesn't look anything like an acurate sketch of a mouse, but that is besides the point. I really like both logos, but one thing that stood out when I saw it was the point under the M. I don't really understand why that is there. Nice touch with the M on the hockey stick. I wish I could make something like that.

He is going for a more cartoony style. I mean, it can be argued that Mickey Mouse doesn't look anything like an acurate sketch of a mouse, but that is besides the point. I really like both logos, but one thing that stood out when I saw it was the point under the M. I don't really understand why that is there. Nice touch with the M on the hockey stick. I wish I could make something like that.

I agree with nafsder, he's going for the cartoony look.

Besides, mosquitoes are so doggone small, who actually takes the time to notice every nook and cranny of their body? :P

...the point under the M. I don't really understand why that is there.

Just another needle for the design. Reminiscent of the bug's proboscus.

That insect is disgusting! But seriously, if I tried to make it resemble that, it would scare the kids away from buying the t-shirts. Perhaps I can moderate the body shape, but I dunno if it'll translate.

Well and mosquitos don't wear helmets or hold hockey sticks either--so what?

It's called artistic license, and anthropomorphization...

And if you showed the logo with out the wordmark to a group of kids--most would say it's a mosquito--and in that respect is is quite successful!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Well and mosquiots don't wear helmets or hold hockey sticks either--so what?

And if you showed the logo with out the wordmark to a group of kids--most would say it's a mosquito--and in that respect is is quite successful!

Excellent point but I think the mosquito could benefit from having some legs! That's just my 229031_twocents.GIF though.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Well and mosquiots don't wear helmets or hold hockey sticks either--so what?

Why?, did you go & try it :D ?

They would probably say its a Fly or a bee?

I bet half the 5 year olds don't know what the hell a mosquito is!

And besides I'm not being serious about it not looking like a mosquito I was just saying it to try to make it funny!

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I bet half the 5 year olds don't know what the hell a mosquito is!

And besides I'm not being serious about it not looking like a mosquito I was just saying it to try to make it funny!

I bet 5 year olds in Minnesota in the summer do-

And I knew what one was at 5--

And since I do know some 5 year olds (family & friends)-I'll ask-

And I thought you might be trying to be funny, but I also considered the source-you didn't do it very well...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived