yanks/sox game 2

yankeeman161

hey all, it looks like its yankees 2, red sox nation 0 to start the year as the bombers came back in the bottom of the 9th and won 4-3 on a Derek Jeter walkoff homer. Mariano collapsed after the homer to Varitek, but the Yankee bats picked up the slack.

So Red Sox Nation, 2 down, 16 or more to go. I know you'll all say its only two games in the season, but two games can make the difference in whether the Yanks kick the Sox butts or vice versa. Are the champs starting to crack cause they havent been that postion before?

Sounds like time to panic! :down:

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

My response, as one of the CCSLC's representatives of Red Sox Nation, is to quote the legendary satirist Alfred E. Newman:

"What, me worry?"

Yankee fans should be the ones that are worried - Mariano is suddenly very hittable. He is no longer the dominating force he was in the glory days of 1996-98.

Only someone who perpetually views the world through pinstriped glasses would even think the Red Sox would be panicking now. It's still too early.

And yankeeman, just because you win your first two games of the season against the Red Sox doesn't change the fact that you root for a bunch of choking dogs. ^_^

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

As if ESPN didn't cover these two cesspools of baseball enough, now we have to have a thread about every game between them. Yay...:rolleyes:

I like to see the games played on the field...not the banks.

My response, as one of the CCSLC's representatives of Red Sox Nation, is to quote the legendary satirist Alfred E. Newman:

"What, me worry?"

Yankee fans should be the ones that are worried - Mariano is suddenly very hittable. He is no longer the dominating force he was in the glory days of 1996-98.

Only someone who perpetually views the world through pinstriped glasses would even think the Red Sox would be panicking now. It's still too early.

And yankeeman, just because you win your first two games of the season against the Red Sox doesn't change the fact that you root for a bunch of choking dogs. ^_^

This from the realistic Yankee Fan of CCSLC.

Yes, it is two early. For the last 5 or so years the Red Sox have been in first place early in the season. All five years they finished second to the Yankees in the AL East. What this means is don't get too excited or worried over April. Why they may become important in the long run, right now there is plenty of time to make up the difference.

Yes, Rivera is breaking down, I've been saying this for a couple of years now. He's no longer a 3 inning pitcher even in the playoffs. He is a one innings pitcher and needs to be handled with kid gloves when it comes to use during the season. I just hope those 3 innings 2 years ago in Game 7 of ALCS wasn't his last big glory moment.

And the Choking comment from a Red Sox fan? Sure the Yankees choked big time last year but it took the Red Sox 86 years to win 1 championship. I lost count of the number of times the Sox choked in that time. Let's remember the Red Sox in 78 lost a 14 game lead in about a month. The Red Sox have choked big time plenty of time before.

Also, Yankeeman, there are 17 games to play between the 2. They play 19 games are year in the regular season.

And the Choking comment from a Red Sox fan? Sure the Yankees choked big time last year but it took the Red Sox 86 years to win 1 championship. I lost count of the number of times the Sox choked in that time. Let's remember the Red Sox in 78 lost a 14 game lead in about a month. The Red Sox have choked big time plenty of time before.

But ours wasn't the biggest choke in the history of sports. Not only a 3 to 0 Series lead.. but you had the lead going into the 9th with the best postseason Closer in history on the mound. :P

IUe6Hvh.png

As if ESPN didn't cover these two cesspools of baseball enough, now we have to have a thread about every game between them. Yay...:rolleyes:

what the heck, let's start a Cubs-Cards thread in a couple weeks :D...too bad that one's only a two-gamer.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Agreed - the Yankees' choke in October was pretty horrible. That's why you see Yanks fans here getting excited about winning two April games in a row against Boston - they've been scarred.

Rivera scares me...a lot. But still I have faith in him; how could I not? The guys' going to go out and save 40 games, maybe blow 6 or 7, and he'll still be the best closer in the American League and one of the best in MLB.

Jeter breaking through against Foulke was nice - it's time to make the Sox fans shake in their boots whenever their closer's on the mound against the Yankees like they've done to us when Rivera's on the mound. Should be an interesting summer...

But ours wasn't the biggest choke in the history of sports. Not only a 3 to 0 Series lead.. but you had the lead going into the 9th with the best postseason Closer in history on the mound. :P

I never said last years wasn't the biggest choke in history. I'm just saying they should watch what they say when numbers 2 and 3 on the greatest choke list belongs to the Red Sox. It's sort of the pot calling the kettle black.

Yes, the Red Sox got the Yankees last year. But 2005 is a new year, and let's hope it's is as good as the last few years.

Yes, Rivera is breaking down, I've been saying this for a couple of years now. He's no longer a 3 inning pitcher even in the playoffs. He is a one innings pitcher and needs to be handled with kid gloves when it comes to use during the season. I just hope those 3 innings 2 years ago in Game 7 of ALCS wasn't his last big glory moment.

I love the stupid things people say to try and sound like they know something. The last 3 years his ERA is 2.02, 121 saves, a 1.02 WHIP. He's a closer, he's not supposed to pitch 3 innings, and has done it only once during the regular season in those three you you were calling for his demise. He only has 14 Blown saves in the last 3 years, that's 88.4% conversion rate.

I hate the Yankees as a whole, but respect the parts that make it up. But I really can't stand the average Yankee fan who puts tripe like this out there. I can't believe I'm being forced to defend a Yankee.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

and on that note, the Giants punked the Dodgers today in thier season opener! :D

*does Merton Hanks funky chicken dance*

As if ESPN didn't cover these two cesspools of baseball enough, now we have to have a thread about every game between them.  Yay...:rolleyes:

and on that note, the Giants punked the Dodgers today in thier season opener! :D

*does Merton Hanks funky chicken dance*

But it was odd when I got home for lunch and flipped on the game on FS Bay Area and saw Vin Scully because of problems in the truck, and with Izturis hitting a homer in hisfirst at bat...check him for riods B)

I happen to think there's something to these first two Red Sox losses. The team is absolutely playing too loose. They're not used to being the champions; they thrive on being underdogs. I expected a slow start from them, kind of a World Series hangover. If they do get swept at Yankee Stadium, which is exactly what I think will happen, don't get comfortable. After April, I'd be scared of the Red Sox, even if I think the Yanks will go wire-to-wire with the AL East lead this year.

I liken it to last season. The Yankees were down 6-1 to Boston in the season series before turning it on, and I can see the Red Sox being down 5-1 by next Thursday. But please - this Red Sox team is going to beat up most teams they face(although I STILL think they'll have trouble with the Orioles) ,and they'll have games where they get even with the Yankees. And when it comes to playoffs, and the Red Sox will be there, it'd be hard to argue with Schilling-Wells-Clement-Wakefield.

Predictions for this rivalry in the reg season? Yanks win it 12-7. Yanks get the East, BoSox get the 'Card, see ya in the ALCS.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

As if ESPN didn't cover these two cesspools of baseball enough, now we have to have a thread about every game between them.  Yay...:rolleyes:

what the heck, let's start a Cubs-Cards thread in a couple weeks :D...too bad that one's only a two-gamer.

that sounds good and also a giants-dodgers one as well.

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

When was the last time both the Tigers and Blue Jays were in first place this LATE in the season. :D

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

When was the last time both the Tigers and Blue Jays were in first place this LATE in the season. :D

I think it was '84 or '85.

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

Archived