Rockies Alt Question

loxley44

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the black sleeves under them better than the purple sleeves. The rockies looked like this team we played yesterday who wore purple vests with black sleeves underneath, I like the other team's look better.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

If the vests weren't so puffy, and didn't have the silly silver trim, this wouldn't be bad at all. But, with the puffy vests and that silver ring, they look like they'd play blernball.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

If the vests weren't so puffy, and didn't have the silly silver trim, this wouldn't be bad at all. But, with the puffy vests and that silver ring, they look like they'd play blernball.

Nice Futurama reference.

As someone who lives in Colorado, I've just gotten used to the monstrosities the Rockies trot out every year.

The jerseys are pretty bad too.

A couple of things:

1) The Rockies vest jersey looks to have a similar cut to the Reds road vests when Deion Sanders was in town.

2) I wonder if a purple vest with black underneath would work. That "Colorado" script looks nice like that.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Let me first say that I kinda like baseball vests. The Pirates and Reds always looked really cool when I was a kid. I'll also say that these new Rockies vests are just horrible (I generally hate dark colors especially black unis). One thing I find more annoying than all that is how they are made. I've noticed a few during this new era of vests that just don't look right. The shoulders are much too wide and end up sticking straight out as the player's shoulder begins to curve downward. Is it the material or are they just sized wrong?

One of the people that I work with just saw the Rockies uniforms over my shoulder and said "What the hell is that? What are the Rockies a girls softball team now? That's what they look like. Man that's ugly!"

That's coming from a guy who usually doesn't even care how things look!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

They also seem very similar to the Marlins black alternates with the lettering and the heavy use of silver.

That's my biggest gripe. At first glance I was like "why are the Marlins playing vs. the Giants?"

The Black cap, Black vest w/ Black t-shrit combo just didn't look good. (again they looked like the Marlins)

The unis they wore Sunday were a bit better with the Purple t-shirt & alt cap w/Purple bill.

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

They want to look like the Marlins because they were created in the same year but only made the playoffs once compared to the Marlins 2 World Series titles.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I'd like to see these Rockies alts without the silver piping. To me, that just throws off the whole look. I like the idea of the black vest with purple shirt, though, and I have to give kudos to the Rockies for being the first to try out a colored alt vest (all vests up to this point have been white or grey.) In my opinion, when the Pirates went back to the vests, their alt should have been a black vest with yellow undershirt. Pinstripe alt? Pish posh.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

... I like the idea of the black vest with purple shirt, though, and I have to give kudos to the Rockies for being the first to try out a colored alt vest (all vests up to this point have been white or grey.) ....

I thought the Blue Jays wore a blue vest with red sleeves -- or was that vice versa for Canada Day? Either way, I think it's been done at least once before.

I mentioned it in another thread, but for some reason I don't mind that the Rockies are trying this. Maybe another team would bother me, but these seem like an OK experiment for the Rockies... I say let them make their mark in uni history, good or bad. They probably won't be the last to try a color vest.

budman, I do remember that Jays Canada Day alt, and it was red with blue sleeves (in all actuality, it looked like they were wearing the vest over their alt blues though I could be wrong).

oddly enough, the first non-white or gray vest comes courtesy of the team you and I root for...yup, our Cubbies.

nl_1942_chicago.gif

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Gah.

Hey here's a Cubs road concept because I don't like the current "Chicago" script

Cubs+road.JPG

Better looking script, maintained the same color scheme for letters and trim throughout. In retrospect maybe the hat should have had a blue bill.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's odd, but after seeing the Colorado alt with the black sleeves and then seeing it with purple sleeves, the purple-sleeved one doesn't seem that bad.

It is that bad. But it just doesn't seem that way next that all black monstrosity.

Forgot about that one, Discrim. Almost bought one of the home versions during my only visit to Distant Replays in Atlanta, but didn't really like the wool. I believe those were the first sleeveless jerseys of any kind, so we have the Cubs to thank for this trend all around. :)

TCR, I like what you propose, and I'd like it even better with an all-blue cap. I'd like to see the Cubs go back to that kind of color scheme for the lettering or even the three-color (blue-red-white) from the Cuba-script days. I'm just not a fan of their current roads.

WHEN SLEEVELESS JERSEYS LOOK GOOD! (Some of my past favorites)

2161.jpg

2377.jpg

wilson-craig-pbp-4.jpg

BerroaAngel.jpg

Pokey.jpg

BUHNLEAP.jpg

spacer.png

Archived