is boston wearing their "gold" alternates today?

bipolarbear

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heh...all that buildup and that's it? heh, at least I got to see some knucklers tie up them damn yanks :D

go wake...knuckleballs forever! :notworthy:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Look who threw out the first pitch

capt.bxf10904112033.yankees_red_sox_bxf109.jpg

Greatest hockey player of all time! Along with a guy named TEDY BRUSCHI! C'mon, how can you not like that name?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The Red Sox wore the uniforms featuring letters and numbers outlined in Gold only for the World Series ring presentation ceremony. They wore their normal home uniforms during the game.

nevermind...

i thought that theo epstein was going to make guys like damon and manny cut the long hair after the series. i mean COME ON! Real champions are clean cut and classy like the ones here in the Bronx. Damon looks like he could pass for Grizzly Adams or Jesus and Manny looks like he's a long way from Washington Heights or Cleveland and Trot Nixon looks like a pocket version of Big Show. The only decent looking Sox player is Boomer Wells who, to borrow the line used when Ramiro Mendoza played there "He's secretly playing for the Yankees".

I bet they'll pawn the rings or shove them away like Doug Mientkiewicz did.

Instead of 1918, we'll be chanting 2004 real soon! :D

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

i thought that theo epstein was going to make guys like damon and manny cut the long hair after the series. i mean COME ON! Real champions are clean cut and classy like the ones here in the Bronx.
That doesn't take away from the fact that these guys are still CHAMPIONS. When your king of the world, you can do whatever the :censored: you want.
Damon looks like he could pass for Grizzly Adams or Jesus and Manny looks like he's a long way from Washington Heights or Cleveland and Trot Nixon looks like a pocket version of Big Show. The only decent looking Sox player is Boomer Wells who, to borrow the line used when Ramiro Mendoza played there "He's secretly playing for the Yankees".
I'd say Curt Schilling looked pretty good, as did Terry Francona. I think the 2004 Red Sox proved that you don't have to be anal-rententive to be a champion.
I'll take you up on that bet. These are probably the most sought after championship rings ever, whether you like it or not, and you know that the sentimental value alone is worth much more than they could ever fetch.
Instead of 1918, we'll be chanting 2004 real soon!  :D
You'd just better make sure that no one has reason to chant "2000" anymore first.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Greatest hockey player of all time! Along with a guy named TEDY BRUSCHI! C'mon, how can you not like that name?

Bobby Orr is great best Deffenseman of alltiem but nobody was better then Wayne Gretzky.

I would rank Orr number 4.

Gretzky

Mario

Howe

Orr

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

What a wonderful day this has been. It's like after eating a great Thanksgiving meal and you just sit here, watch ESPN, read the sports websites and all the recaps and photos, and you're warm and happy.

Three cheers for Mariano Rivera!

Let's do it again!

mainescarf.png

i thought that theo epstein was going to make guys like damon and manny cut the long hair after the series. i mean COME ON! Real champions are clean cut and classy like the ones here in the Bronx. Damon looks like he could pass for Grizzly Adams or Jesus and Manny looks like he's a long way from Washington Heights or Cleveland and Trot Nixon looks like a pocket version of Big Show. The only decent looking Sox player is Boomer Wells who, to borrow the line used when Ramiro Mendoza played there "He's secretly playing for the Yankees".

Instead of 1918, we'll be chanting 2004 real soon!  :D

I don't believe that the hair of Ramirez or Damon affect the way they play baseball -- so to me, the Red Sox wouldn't really have any right to tell the players how their hair should be cut or whether they should be clean shaven.

It has nothing to do with 'class'. How 'classy' was A-Rod when he slapped at Arroyo's arm?

IUe6Hvh.png

Bobby Orr is great best Deffenseman of alltiem but nobody was better then Wayne Gretzky.

I would rank Orr number 4.

Gretzky

Mario

Howe

Orr

No way would I put Howe ahead of Orr. Howe was great, but look at the amount of games he played. I think Mario had more talent than gretzky, had he not had his health issues, he coulda beaten all Gretzky's records. But I always will believe Bobby as the greatest hockey player of all time.

Orr

Gretzky (only b/c he HAS the records)

Mario (only b/c i don't believe you should use 'could have' as the reason he is better)

I don't believe Howe is 4th best player ever, I'm not sure who I would give it too, but there are plenty of guys that are deserving

TOT-VANDERWaltersH.pngFPL-sig.pngTOT-VANDERWaltersA.png

Archived