July webdav challenge: nhl salt lake city

webdav

Those are good MrJ and Zone, but those arn't good enough to change my vote, so unless someone posts that they would change their vote, I'm not gonna start it over.

Also - I did add your guys' entries, but there better not be anymore, because I only have space for 15 spots.  :D

sig09.jpg

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i dunno about voting or whatever, but i just saw all the logos and i have to say that my vote goes to the salt lake city terror.  i think the sea serpent idea is the best.  i would change the name to the salt lake serpants though.  i dont see the connection between this logo and "terror".

I don't see the need for a poll other than the one that has been set up, except for adding in the logo that I accidentally forgot! My apologies to mjrbaseball - I overlooked your Bees somehow. My fault.

I think that, perhaps, the next webdav challenge will be limited in some capacity. Probably the first 10 concepts that I get that fit certain criteria. I might make up a template in Illustrator that everyone can put their stuff into. That way all of the concepts are presented in the same way.

I realize that some people's images didn't scale well, due to the fact they didn't provide vector files, but .gif or .jpg instead. Again, I apologize.

That said, I think that everyone should vote in the current poll as is and we'll declare a winner from there.

Next month will be smoother. I hope.

I'm having trouble finding the poll... any help?

I've been gone for the weekend, when I left the Challenge thread was at 4 pages lol.

I did not do the Terror logo... my entry is a little weak this time around, but I'll be back in strength next month. Excuses are for losers I know, but work has been sapping my energy so that the only thing I have strength for is doing the logos I absolutely have to do (and those are looking like a massive load right now).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Here you go WebDav, I used ballot-box.net to make this, it has all 13 entries (and if you forgot to put MrJ's on I can edit it) and all you have to really do is ignore the banner.

Click Here To Vote!

Click Here To View The Entries

heres the post with the poll in it, and i love the flash animation you put with your entry

For what it's worth...I thought I'd throw my two cents in on these logos....

Attack....love the name but the logo doesn't work. Fiercer dinosaur perhaps?

Thunderbirds...I'll bet this was left over from a previous contest...Good color combination

Sidewinders...Isn't this "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's logo? Kind of busy-needs simplified.

Prowlers...Whatever the highlights are on the cat silhouette,you need to lose em.

Cutthroats..another one where I love the name but hate the logo....another good color combo.

Submarines...Different font needed here...Times Roman just don't cut it...

Indians....This logo deserves better than the zero votes it's tallied so far. Good colors...good art...would hold up if its shrunk down or blown up.

Stallions...bears a slight resemblance to a football team from Denver. Originality counts.

Hornets...Good  artwork....I like the honeycone effect..I like your font choice too. Isn't that some kind of Star trek font?

Raptors...Now thats a mean looking dinosaur...maybe this should use the name 'Attack"?

Seagulls...Good colors..nice logo too..I think this could work as a hockey logo.

Terror... A winner.

Sting...Secondary logo needs work.

Bees....Good clean artwork on the bee. But there's no action..it just lies there...

Quarrymen...can't critique cause it's mine , thanks to whoever voted for it! Not some of my best work.

Is there anyway we can find out who did what logo(s)? I think people would like to know.

To everyone who entered....thanks for your effort and enthusiasm!

cfg.jpg41QN7ATP9VL._AA280_.jpg

I was thinking Sept. would be Saint Louis Basketball.

I knew someone would say the Stallions resembles the Denver Broncos.  It's a profile of a horse, that's it similarity wise.  I couldn't do a head on view because of the Flames horse logo.  So, a profile was the only other logical choice.

Thanks to whoever voted for me.

Archived