July webdav challenge: nhl salt lake city

webdav

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a bit of a problem.

I've recieved 13 entries this month. Polls only allow 10 choices. I really don't want to set up two polls, because I want the polling to be fair, and I think if two of the better entries were in one poll, they wouldn't meet in the finals.

I've thought about the idea of me eliminating 3 choices, but I think that's unfair too, people put time in their efforts, and for me not to show them would be stupid.

Anyone have any suggestions on how we could have a fair vote?

Some providers let you do polls.  If yours does, WebDav, that is the best option.  Even if you do cut the field down to ten, show all 13 designs.  People worked really hard, so atleast include it in the page with all the other designs.

I CAN set up a poll on my stie - but the problem is that I only want members of this site to be able to vote and only vote once.

Darn the 10 item limit! (Admins - can you adjust that? Maybe make it 15?)

I didn't put much effort into my design, it just had a great name. I'd hate to take away from others that did a lot of work, so you can take mine off as well. Will you still put a link to it so that people can laugh at it? Thanks.

Mine was the Cutthroats.

Whatcha gonna do when the Ultimate MegaPowers run wild over you!

UMPPrimarySig.jpgUMPWarriorSig.jpgUMPAltSig.jpg

I don't know how to help you with the poll part.

I just want to see them all.

For all I care you can pull mine from the voting too...that would make 3.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

for me personally i dont really care about the poll (well i wont win :;): ) so i really wouldn't care if you just show the logos but leave out the poll. But i really would love to see the awsoem designs others did.

Doh!

for me personally i dont really care about the poll (well i wont win  ) so i really wouldn't care if you just show the logos but leave out the poll. But i really would love to see the awsoem designs others did.

I second that.  Lets just see em!!!!  Woooo!

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

well, i want to see all of them, but i know a bunch of top-notch designs were entered, and i kind of want to see how i rank :)

well this is just my perspective on this kind of contest. I really think that the poll can only decide the winner of the challenge, it cant and shouldn't really rank anyone else after that since the people voting is only decidiing which of the designs is the absolute best. Therefore if we were allowed to decide every single rank in each conpetition i would think the results would be completely different. Think of it this way. One really dominent design along with many crappy ones and one other just okay design. I'm sure everyone would vote for the dominent one and therefore there would be no more votes going to the "second best" one and therefore rank it just as low as the rest of teh crapy concepts.

Doh!

Archived