July webdav challenge: nhl salt lake city

webdav

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kenworth, why don't you wait and send in your logos to Webdav. We'll tell you what we think when we vote for them. A ton of constructive tips come then.

It's almost good not to see any art in advance so we can look at these with an open mind. By the end of the month you may decide to turn in something completely different than what you started with.

Also: Saints, Cyclones, Venom, Rhythm

I was originally going to go with Bees or Gulls, but found it really hard to do something good with that.  So I'm calling my team the Utah Stallions.  It was the Salt Lake Stallions, but it was too long.

How about the Salt Lake Elks?

Well, considering Utah already has the Jazz, how about a name (or names) that has nothing to do with Utah.

How about Pharohs? Kangaroos? Monogamists? :D :laugh: Okay I've gone too far!

I saw, I came, I left.

Well, unless you are talking about the Elks Club (Benevolent Protective Order of Elks), you should probably consider that more than one elk is still elk. There is no plural of the term. :)

As per usual, I'm swamped with work and unsure whether or not I'll have the time to develop a logo concept. So, for what they're worth, here are my ideas for team names... up for grabs. Good luck gang!

Salt Lake Sting (Inspired by Utah's nickname, the "Beehive State".);

Salt Lake Swarm (Either paying homage to the state nickname or those voracious pests, the grasshoppers.);

Salt Lake Saints;

Salt Lake Gulls or Utah Gulls;

Utah MountainMen or Utah Mountain Men (A tribute to the likes of Jim Bridger, Jedediah Smith and Peter Ogden.);

Utah Mountaineers (Ditto.);

Utah Trappers;

Utah GoldenSpikes (Recognizing the completion of the transcontinental railroad in 1869.);

Utah Steamers (Ditto.).

Brian in Boston

I'm satisfied with my effort. It leaves me time to do a second concept if I think of one.

(I'm trained to do graphics for television, which means a very fast turn-around time. The news won't wait)

CK3ZP8E.jpg

I'm finished, but will tweak up until it's due.

When is the due date? I know at the end of the month, but what day?

mrbaseball:  what news station do you work for?  Local, national, international?  Just curious.  I hope to write for CNN when I'm older.

Well, unless you are talking about the Elks Club (Benevolent Protective Order of Elks), you should probably consider that more than one elk is still elk. There is no plural of the term. :)

Technically, Toronto's NHL club should be the Maple Leaves, but you don't see that stopping them. -10 points for bad grammatical spelling.

I am not so sure on that actually nitroseed! What you are pluralising is the team name rather than the object in the team name. So Toronto Maple Leafs is correct! (I hope that made sense, I know what I mean!!!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived