Tampa Bay Riptide Concept

AAO

Reminds me of the recently released Buffalo Rapids...

It looks really nice, but one gripe... it looks like there should be hidden letters in the wave's blue and white highlights... looking at it, I wonder what the "M" stands for. Since none of T, B, or R are particularly conducive to the flow of the logo, perhaps try to eliminate any letters.

Nice colours. The Dolphins'? One suggestion would be to downplay the orange ever so slightly.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I like the color scheme...but your outlines are way too thick.

Some of your letters need work. The D is one. Also the space underneath the T is a little uneasy...try to incorporate something in there? I dunno, just looks funny cause there aren't any spaces that big anywhere else.

The way you have the waves, I think you could incoporate TB or RT (riptide) into the wave shadows.

Its a solid start though.

This i really like. This is one of my favorites of those I've seen from you. The custom wordmark fits very well, the wave is rendered beautifully, and I can't even imagine what kind of uniforms you can make with a set like this.

Howard1.jpg

lmu pep, could you please post pepperdine's? never seen it.

EDIT:  Searched em up...now how do they look anything like my concept:

PepperdineWaves4.GIF

The color scheme is REALLY similar to their previous logo with Neptune, plus the whole wave theme and all.

Sorry, it's just that Pepperdine's our arch-rivals, and anything Pepperdine-ish rubs me the wrong way. Still a great concept though.

VmWIn6B.png

You incorporated the city name into the wordmark! That's a bit of a departure from your ususal preference, but I like it better this way.

I understand what people are saying about the waves and the "M" or "W" shapes in there, but IMO it's not too big of a deal, at least not a big enough deal to scrap or totally rework the concept.

Other than that, I agree on the color selection - good move. Everyone's advice so far would really help this concept (lettering details, outlines, etc.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

VERY VERY sweet concept. I like the city name in the logo and the colors look awesome!

Let's see some football and bball and baseball unis for this club...

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

Nice colours. The Dolphins'? .

Looks like the Charlotte Bobcats' colors to me.

AAO - you're off to a good start with this concept. I'm looking forward to your refinements.

I don't think the outlines look too thick. The lettering is a bit awkward, especially the spacing, but this is a concept where your leanings towards angular/futuristic typefaces will definitely work. Not a bad start on this one.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

That text reminds me of Barnes' Raytown Blue Jays' font. I like it a lot. The wave tertiary looks kinda silly because the shape of the wave is a little off. I would make that trailing edge a perfect circle because my brain wants to turn it into one every time I look at it, causing a strange anomaly in the viewing.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived