New nfl logos and jersey ideas

Sguse1

I thought up a list of teams that need a logo update but not necessarily new jerseys

Bears-need a new update to the bear

Bills-they should go back to the old buffalo

Jets-they also should go back to the old logo from the 90s

Browns-they should make the dog the primary logo or even the B logo

Raiders-come on now how the hell is that logo intimidating

Vikings-A cardinals esque update would be nice

49ers-i never liked their logo

Cowboys-something other than a star

Giants-i liked the GIANTS logo

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No just "no", but "HELL NO!"

why not? the current/old logo is dated. its cluttered and dosnt include a jet. teh jets logo from the 90's was sleek, "fast" looking, and, omg, it had a jet in it! brilliant for a team called the jets, eh?

bears- i agree here. the bears used this:

CHI_353.gif

a few years ago. wouldnt mind seeing it on the helmets.

bills- have to disagree with u here. the current bullalo rocks. i saw a proposed bills logo that they thought about going with that looked pretty sweet as well. the old buffalo just looks like clipart.

jets- see above comment

browns- the dog logo has to go. the =B= logo however is wonderful. i wouldnt put it on the helmet, but it should be at centre field, used by cbc, fox, tsn, espn, etc. as the browns logo. they should even put it on teh jerseys like the steelers do with their logo. just keep it off the helmet.

raiders- a slight modernizatin couldnt hurt.

vikings- their unis are some of the best in the nfl. they just need to streamline their logo a little more and they'll have the perfect package.

49ers- sorry, but the current logo is a perfect update to a classic mark.

cowboys- something about the star just works.

giants- the "GIANTS" logo was stupid. the current logo looks great, however i wouldnt mind them changing the "y" in the logo to a "j" if they plan on staying in new jersey. of course they would change to the new jersey giants as well :D intrestingly though, i just saw an old giants logo that i thought was pretty cool and is a third option if they wanted to change logos again without using the "GIANTS" logo. here it is:

NFL_Giants_OLD3.gif

why not? the current/old logo is dated. its cluttered and dosnt include a jet. teh jets logo from the 90's was sleek, "fast" looking, and, omg, it had a jet in it! brilliant for a team called the jets, eh?

Unlike some teams *cough*newjerseygiants*cough*, our retro look is pretty sweet. I would hate to see the Jets logo of the 80s come back. :mad:

6uXNWAo.png

Unlike some teams *cough*newjerseygiants*cough*, our retro look is pretty sweet. I would hate to see the Jets logo of the 80s come back. :mad:

ill agree with you on that as far as teh jersys and pants go. im just saying take the 80's and 90's helmet, darken the green, and we have a winner. i just cant see why people like the old/new jets logo. like i said above: its cluttered, dated, amd dosnt even include a jet.

bears- i agree here. the bears used this:

CHI_353.gif

a few years ago. wouldnt mind seeing it on the helmets.

bills- have to disagree with u here. the current bullalo rocks. i saw a proposed bills logo that they thought about going with that looked pretty sweet as well. the old buffalo just looks like clipart.

jets- see above comment

browns- the dog logo has to go. the =B= logo however is wonderful. i wouldnt put it on the helmet, but it should be at centre field, used by cbc, fox, tsn, espn, etc. as the browns logo. they should even put it on teh jerseys like the steelers do with their logo. just keep it off the helmet.

raiders- a slight modernizatin couldnt hurt.

vikings- their unis are some of the best in the nfl. they just need to streamline their logo a little more and they'll have the perfect package.

49ers- sorry, but the current logo is a perfect update to a classic mark.

cowboys- something about the star just works.

giants- the "GIANTS" logo was stupid. the current logo looks great, however i wouldnt mind them changing the "y" in the logo to a "j" if they plan on staying in new jersey. of course they would change to the new jersey giants as well :D intrestingly though, i just saw an old giants logo that i thought was pretty cool and is a third option if they wanted to change logos again without using the "GIANTS" logo. here it is:

NFL_Giants_OLD3.gif

That Bears logos is amzing eh!

untitled-6.jpg

I am smack in the middle of the East Bay, just a handful of BART stops from the Raiders Mausoleum (that's Oakland-Alameda Coliseum-Network Associates Coliseum-McAfee Coliseum to the locals)- and MAN do the RAYDUZ need to check theier look at the door. How old and tired. The black intimidation thing doesn't work any longer- for one, they're a losing team. The mystique doesn't work QUITE as well with more Ls than Ws. Two, lotsa teams now havae black in the scheme- it's not so novel.

Related to the Bears logo, can someone do a helmet mockup with it on there?

PSS

The Cowboys will NEVER change the helmet. America's team? The LONE STAR state? No chance.

you have got to be kidding me adding that dumb looking bear to the logo...hell no the bears logo is fine as is. you guys would just like to butcher everything would'nt you. the ravens need an update the bird looks a little goofy. i nominate the crest they have on their sleeve of the maryland flag with the b and r superimposed on it that would look pretty nice. the titans logo , i'm not a fan of it , i suggest using the sheild with the sword logo they use on their sleeve instead of the flaming thumbtack look. the raiders leave them alone but if you would like maybe something subtle like the cards did just for the logo only. the colts could use a little update of the horseshoe although i'm not sure what or how you could update that they could also add that new logo under the collar for that matter the raiders should do the same just gives a little more identity to the jerseys. i don't mind the saints logo but the color gold needs to go back to what they were using in the early 90's , the lighter color gold. the cowboys should decide on one color of silver the metallic green would be my choice.

As a Cowboys fan, I can safely say that they do not need a logo change. Say what you will about the colors, but the star will stay (as it should). After all, it's what made me like the Cowboys as a kid.

As a Chicago resident (and a Cowboy fan in a family of Bears fans) I can only say that the Bear logo used now seems to be the preferred one, as it was in use before and after the one posted above. I can't image much of a switch for the Bears, either.

heres what i think each team should do with their logo and jerseys

Bills-Logo is ok i liked the old buffalo but they definetly need new jerseys please!!

Miami-just fine

Patriots-fine

Jets-i absolutely hate their logo/jerseys i liked the 90s jets ones they looked good

Ravens-They need to incoporate the best state flag as their primary logo

Bengals-Awful jerseys and i liked the bengal head better than the B

Browns-Have the B as the primary mark

Pittsburgh-They have some of the best jerseys in the NFL but i dont like the logo

Texans-They have a cool logo but i dont like the jerseys they scream nike

Colts-How do you update a horseshoe??

Jacksonville-fine

Titans-Lose the circle with the flames

Broncos-just fine but everyone is copying those damn jerseys

Chiefs-Id like to see a indians type logo

Raiders-that damn guy just isnt intimidating and unlike most ppl they have awful jerseys

Chargers-i like the logo and i love the powder blues

Dallas-jersey update please

Giants-i hate the ny logo it just reminds me of the 50s

Eagles-they should have a full bird logo

Redskins-theres just somehting about their logo that isnt appealing

Bears-Anything but the C take the old grizzlies logo haha

Lions-Classic

Packers-please never change

Vikings-they need an up date like the cardinals and falcons did

Falcons-fine

Panthers-they need to incoporate a third color

Saints-fine for a few more years but they will need to change when they move to la

TB-i would like to see the old colors with a updated pirate

Cardinals-logo is perfect, now to incoporate yellow into those jerseys

Rams-on the helmets they should bring the horns back

SF-id like to see texans like jerseys on them

Seattle-fine how about a lime green alternate hahaha

best jerseys in the nfl

Packers

bears-monochrome

Steelers

vikings

-Worst-

Bengals

Ravens

raiders

i'll give you my list.

AFC

Bills - they need a total overhaul with the logos and uniforms, not a half assed change like they did where they tried to make a uniform for all. then make a color jersey with white pants and white jersey with colored pants.

Dolphins - perfect update when they changed. only suggestion is to ditch the orange juice jersey.

Patriots - another perfect update. only suggestion is to bring back the pat the patriot logo then modernize it and move the flying kerry logo to the sleeves.

Jets - while im not in to retro, i like the change they made from those boring gang green uniforms.

Ravens - i always had a thing with the ravens, going back to the poem "the Raven" by Edger A. Poe. i wouldn't mind if they switched to black jersey with purple trim with white pants and white jersey with black pants or purple. the black pants would look good on a white jersey.

Bengals - an absolute disaster. go back to the drawing board and come up with something else. these don't work.

Browns - i like what they have, my only gripe is the logoless helmet. promote the bulldog as a primary and stick that sucker on the helmet. drop the football B logo.

Steelers - a change wouldn't hurt. like the browns, they need to put a logo on the blank side of the helmet. an overall change is really needed.

Texans - Best combo of logo and uniforms in prosports in other words - Perfection.

Colts - the colts don't need a total overhaul, a simple modernization is all they need.

Jaguars - not sure why they keep making changes, the more they make the worse they look. go back to the uniforms they had when they went to the afc championship game and leave them alone, quit tinkering with them. if they are itching for a change then just make a change and stick with it.

Titans - Drop the oilers colors, im not crazy about light blue and royal blue. the addition of red wouldn't hurt. i wouldn't mind modifying the logo to incorporate the confederate flag where the 3 stars are. I found a website where someone did some nfl to nhl cross overs and they had a titans concept that had the confederate flag incorporated with the colors of the flag. if i could ever find it again i would post it.

Broncos - they made a good start with the overhaul. i never liked the orange crush uniforms, i like what they have now. my only suggestion is to merge the old broncos logo and the updated horse logo. the orange jerseys as an alternate is fine but not as a primary.

Chiefs - probably a simple modernization along the level of the 49ers and dolphins is all they need.

Raiders - modernize the uniforms, and add gold to the scheme. change is good, change is good.

Chargers - as long as they don't go back to the powder blues im fine. what they have now is fine.

NFC

Cowboys - the cowboys are a mess, on the field and with the uniforms. pick a blue, pick a silver and stay with it. i've seen the navy practice jerseys and they should use them as a full time set. they need a change and adding an additional stripe won't work.

Giants - i don't care for retro but i like what they have now over the boring "giants" uniforms they had. i even like the new white/red jersey. if they go retro might as well complete it.

Eagles - another good modernization. don't care for the black jersey, keep the black to a minimum.

Redskins - keep the team name, i don't care what the pc communists think. i like the spear logo set they had a couple of years ago, i wouldn't mind seeing them change to that.

Bears - after 45 years, the bears need a change. not a total over haul but a modernization.

Lions - black isn't the answer to these uniforms, a total overhaul is. i don't care for the light blue and silver.

Packers - another team that needs to change. update the yellow to metallic gold.

white and colored jerseys with gold pants.

Vikings - again a team that needs a modernization with matching home and away jerseys and no monochromes, color or white.

Falcons - when they started with the red helmets and black jerseys they had a good thing going, then they had to go red helmet and red jersey which i didn't care for. then they went black helmet to black jersey and i hated that. finally they overhauled the uniforms, with the black helmet and black jersey. last year they perfected them by going to a red jersey and used the black one as an alt.

Panthers - i don't care for the baby blue alt. i like what they have not sure if they really need to change.

Saints - they should never change to a purple, yellow and green scheme, i like the gold and black as the scheme. im glad they ditched the black monochrome scheme. I don't know if they have a gold alternate but they would look nice in one. i wouldn't mind if they brought back the louisiana state logo they had.

Buccaneers - i liked bucco bruce, but i hated the orange popsickle look. i like the current scheme better, especially the pirate ship logo.

Cardinals - finally the made a change. i love the new logo, but im not a fan of the new jerseys. as long as they go white on red and red on white im fine with it. they really should have added the yellow to the jersey. my problem is the template gets lost in action. like the bengals, they need to go back to the drawing board and try again.

49ers - the poster boy for the perfect modernizations. perfection modernization for a boring scheme they had for years.

Seahawks - these have the potential to be good, and the potential to be the bad. i like the logo, its a perfect modernization. the colored jerseys and white jerseys arent that bad, the colors tend to bleed together a bit but overall there good. however, when they go monochrome, they look ugly. if they went colored jersey with white pants and white jersey with colored pants, they would look good. my suggestion is to take the old unis and update them with the nu-colors with the aforementioned pant - jersey combo.

Rams - another good example of a perfect modernization. i like the blue and gold combo. i especially like the new logo they have.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Why does everybody hate the Bengals jerseys? Am I the only one who likes them?(especially the helmets)

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

The Bengals' helmets are great. The newest versions of the jerseys suck nearly completely. The jerseys they had in 2003 were simply outstanding.

Wasn't there another thread that you started earlier today that touched on this same topic? Why, yes, there was! There... they're merged. Now, please don't do that again. Also, please don't post a reply begging for comments after a mere twenty minutes.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived