New nfl logos and jersey ideas

Sguse1

The confederate flag to a majority of the population, definatly represents racism. Like it or not, its what its become. From the time the south adapted it as their flag, representing both the United States from which they came in color, and the number of states in the stars. It represents a nation that didn't like the idea of being ruled by a large big government. Directly attached with this was the desire to keep their state laws that allowed racism.

But over the years, there is no denying that groups such as the KKK, Neo-Natzis, Skin Heads, and others have turned into their own battle cry, making it represent hatred and because of that, ignorance.

I wouldn't be proud of it if I were from the south. I'm sorry, but it represents a nation that broke away from the United States largely (but not only) because they wanted to have their fellow human beings as slaves simply because their skin was a different color.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
heres what i think each team should do with their logo and jerseys

Bills-Logo is ok i liked the old buffalo but they definetly need new jerseys please!!

Miami-just fine

Patriots-fine

Jets-i absolutely hate their logo/jerseys i liked the 90s jets ones they looked good

Ravens-They need to incoporate the best state flag as their primary logo

Bengals-Awful jerseys and i liked the bengal head better than the B

Browns-Have the B as the primary mark

Pittsburgh-They have some of the best jerseys in the NFL but i dont like the logo

Texans-They have a cool logo but i dont like the jerseys they scream nike

Colts-How do you update a horseshoe??

Jacksonville-fine

Titans-Lose the circle with the flames

Broncos-just fine but everyone is copying those damn jerseys

Chiefs-Id like to see a indians type logo

Raiders-that damn guy just isnt intimidating and unlike most ppl they have awful jerseys

Chargers-i like the logo and i love the powder blues

Dallas-jersey update please

Giants-i hate the ny logo it just reminds me of the 50s

Eagles-they should have a full bird logo

Redskins-theres just somehting about their logo that isnt appealing

Bears-Anything but the C take the old grizzlies logo haha

Lions-Classic

Packers-please never change

Vikings-they need an up date like the cardinals and falcons did

Falcons-fine

Panthers-they need to incoporate a third color

Saints-fine for a few more years but they will need to change when they move to la

TB-i would like to see the old colors with a updated pirate

Cardinals-logo is perfect, now to incoporate yellow into those jerseys

Rams-on the helmets they should bring the horns back

SF-id like to see texans like jerseys on them

Seattle-fine how about a lime green alternate hahaha

best jerseys in the nfl

Packers

bears-monochrome

Steelers

vikings

-Worst-

Bengals

Ravens

raiders

The Panthers have black blue and silver?

untitled-6.jpg

1 a. agreed. 1b. I'd allow a gray facemask if a team played before, say, 1960.

i like that idea. PS- why aren't there home and away colored HELMETS.

Hello? NFL Properties? Are you there?

i believe part of that is for the benefit of the QB... i'm sure favre looks for neon yellow helmets when he's going through his progressions...

I really like the Jets' uniforms. It's their logo that is awful. Way, way too cluttered. It doesn't stand out at all. It would look better if it was a green football with just a sans-serif italic NY in it.

As for some other logos:

I really like that Chicago Bears' C with the Bear in the middle. I wish they would use that more.

I'm not so sure the Vikings' logo needs to be updated. It's a good, fierce-looking Norsky. Of course, I am a Vikings fan and I am full-blooded Norwegian, so perhaps I am biased.

I wish the Chargers had more than a lightning bolt for an official logo. I'd like to see them go back to the shield with the horse head and lightning bolt.

I'd rather see the Titans' alternate logo -- the sword that looks like a T -- be used as their official logo.

I'd rather see the Bengals use that tiger head than the B with stripes in it as the official logo.

I grew up in Cincinnati in the 70's so I know the B E N G A L S logo well. There was a big hubub when they went to the stripes in 81- someone said it looked like a punkin with varicose veins. I like it, but time to retire it. I'd like to see the Tiger head on the side. And they need to tone down the uni's a bit, tho I dont hate em like some do.

wel here goes my uniform rules

1. no monochrome ( all white ok)

2. you cannot wear same color socks as pants i.e. the titans, the redskins last year, chargers,jags and cards.

3. all jerseys must feature either a logo or wordmark to give it some identity. the raiders and the colts jump to my attention. i think the browns could be the one exception to this rule just because their the browns.

4. after much deliberation i say no gray facemask. colts go back to blue and the cards go with black or white. however the cowboys and the raiders should keep the silver facemask. i use to like the gray facemask but after seeing the cards update it just does'nt match the rest of the uni anymore and my guess is the colts will be doing some type of update soon in which the gray mask will once again be out of place so get rid of the gray mask unless it is in your uniform color scheme like the giants.

that's it

The confederate flag to a majority of the population, definatly represents racism. Like it or not, its what its become. From the time the south adapted it as their flag, representing both the United States from which they came in color, and the number of states in the stars. It represents a nation that didn't like the idea of being ruled by a large big government. Directly attached with this was the desire to keep their state laws that allowed racism.

But over the years, there is no denying that groups such as the KKK, Neo-Natzis, Skin Heads, and others have turned into their own battle cry, making it represent hatred and because of that, ignorance.

I wouldn't be proud of it if I were from the south. I'm sorry, but it represents a nation that broke away from the United States largely (but not only) because they wanted to have their fellow human beings as slaves simply because their skin was a different color.

Just because most people "perceive" the Confederate Battle Flag to be racist does not make it such. Because someone uses an emblem for a cause that is wrong it doesn't necessarily make that emblem an evil thing. If I were to march against the goverment waving a flag with a baltimore orioles logo on it, would that make the orioles logo evil...even if some people related it to my opposition to the government people would understand that the logo wasn't originally intended for that purpose.

The same holds true with the Confederate Battle Flag. Here is another tidbit...racism was LEGAL for 224 years in this country and there were plenty of Northerners who owned slaves as well and even those who opposed the idea of getting rid of slavery.

Abe Lincoln himself had slaves for crying out loud. By the way, Lincoln's Negro policy was to send them all back to Africa. That was his policy.

Listen to what Lincoln said in a speech in Charleston, Illinois, 1858. Lincoln said, ?I am not now nor have ever been in favor of bringing about in any way the social or the political equality of a White and Black races. I am not now, nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor of intermarriages with white people. There is a physical difference between the white and black races, which will forever forbid the two races from living together on social or political equality. There must be a position of superior and inferior and I am in favor of assigning the superior position to the white man.? ? Abraham Lincoln

I just love it when people from the North take a high and mighty attitude toward us "hillbilly Southerners". Every slave was brought into this county on a Northern ship under the flag of the United States of America. So then by inference is the Stars and Stripes a racist flag? The answer must be yes by your reasoning.

Here is what the Confederate Battle Flag is, for those who do not know:

The cross is St. Andrew's cross. Andrew the apostle was crucified,according to history, on a 'X' shaped cross. The flag is actually based on the national flag of Scotland, which also bears the St. Andrew's cross. the cross of Saint Andrew is a symbol of the Christian faith and the heritage of the Celtic race.

The red color in the flag represents the Blood of Christ and the thirteen stars represented the 13 states that formed the Confederacy.

The KKK today may fly the Confederate Battle Flag, but look what they flew in 1952 over Washington

kkk1952-washington-dc.jpg

My whole point in this, even though I myself do not fly the flag, is that just because an emblem is perceived in a certain light- doesn't mean that it is evil in and of itself.

Being a Southerner, I am glad things turned out the way they did. In my opinion things happen for a reason and I am now a proud American. But as such I think it is my responibility to not misrepresent the past and blindly smooth over others transgressions. The North is just as guilty as the South and if you believe the Confederate battle flag to be racist, then you must also accept that the United States flag is also racist.

Magus Posted: Wednesday, April 27th, 2005 - 22:19:33

Titans - Drop the oilers colors, im not crazy about light blue and royal blue. the addition of red wouldn't hurt. i wouldn't mind modifying the logo to incorporate the confederate flag where the 3 stars are. I found a website where someone did some nfl to nhl cross overs and they had a titans concept that had the confederate flag incorporated with the colors of the flag. if i could ever find it again i would post it.

What the ...!!! The confederate flag? are you a moron, an idiot canuck or some flaming white power facist??? First of all the three stars are representative of the State of Tennessee and our flag. secondly despite as adesign teh the ol' dixie bars and stars is down rit purdy it has become a symbol of hate and discrimination. I am both a proud American and a Southener but you obviously have no concept of what that falg has be come to symbolize today. I will spare you a history lesson in the true factors that led to the Civil war that went far above that of slavery.

Oh and brusier is was "slavery" that was legal before the war between the States not "racisim". Racisn just like stupidity, ignorance, morality, boy-bands, the disignated hitter, Rossanne barr comeback attempts and ashton kuthcher movies cannot be legislated.

But on the topic at hand the helmet is not the purdiest thang but I do like the jerseys, and by the way nimrod the colors are NAVY and light (columbia) blue not royal.

RobbyBox2.jpg

The confederate flag to a majority of the population, definatly represents racism.  Like it or not, its what its become.  From the time the south adapted it as their flag, representing both the United States from which they came in color, and the number of states in the stars.  It represents a nation that didn't like the idea of being ruled by a large big government.  Directly attached with this was the desire to keep their state laws that allowed racism.

I wouldn't be proud of it if I were from the south.  I'm sorry, but it represents a nation that broke away from the United States largely (but not only) because they wanted to have their fellow human beings as slaves simply because their skin was a different color.

Just because most people "perceive" the Confederate Battle Flag to be racist does not make it such. Because someone uses an emblem for a cause that is wrong it doesn't necessarily make that emblem an evil thing. If I were to march against the goverment waving a flag with a baltimore orioles logo on it, would that make the orioles logo evil...even if some people related it to my opposition to the government people would understand that the logo wasn't originally intended for that purpose.

The same holds true with the Confederate Battle Flag. Here is another tidbit...racism was LEGAL for 224 years in this country and there were plenty of Northerners who owned slaves as well and even those who opposed the idea of getting rid of slavery.

Abe Lincoln himself had slaves for crying out loud. By the way, Lincoln's Negro policy was to send them all back to Africa. That was his policy.

Listen to what Lincoln said in a speech in Charleston, Illinois, 1858. Lincoln said, ?I am not now nor have ever been in favor of bringing about in any way the social or the political equality of a White and Black races. I am not now, nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor of intermarriages with white people. There is a physical difference between the white and black races, which will forever forbid the two races from living together on social or political equality. There must be a position of superior and inferior and I am in favor of assigning the superior position to the white man.? ? Abraham Lincoln

I just love it when people from the North take a high and mighty attitude toward us "hillbilly Southerners". Every slave was brought into this county on a Northern ship under the flag of the United States of America. So then by inference is the Stars and Stripes a racist flag? The answer must be yes by your reasoning.

Here is what the Confederate Battle Flag is, for those who do not know:

The cross is St. Andrew's cross. Andrew the apostle was crucified,according to history, on a 'X' shaped cross. The flag is actually based on the national flag of Scotland, which also bears the St. Andrew's cross. the cross of Saint Andrew is a symbol of the Christian faith and the heritage of the Celtic race.

The red color in the flag represents the Blood of Christ and the thirteen stars represented the 13 states that formed the Confederacy.

The KKK today may fly the Confederate Battle Flag, but look what they flew in 1952 over Washington

kkk1952-washington-dc.jpg

My whole point in this, even though I myself do not fly the flag, is that just because an emblem is perceived in a certain light- doesn't mean that it is evil in and of itself.

Being a Southerner, I am glad things turned out the way they did. In my opinion things happen for a reason and I am now a proud American. But as such I think it is my responibility to not misrepresent the past and blindly smooth over others transgressions. The North is just as guilty as the South and if you believe the Confederate battle flag to be racist, then you must also accept that the United States flag is also racist.

The same can be said of a swastica. Its originally a religious symbol.

Lincoln changed his views during the civil war. Was he perfect? No. But you quote was from 3 years before he was president, 7 years before he abolished slavery. Views change. You are absolutly right, the north was in no way any better than the South. You couldn't own slaves, but you were required to return them to their "owner." Probably the same number of southerners and northerners assisted in the underground railroad.

Do I think the design is evil. No. No object in itself is evil. But what its come to stand is percieved as evil. As anyone you see with a confederate flag flying or in their car window and ask them their views on minorities. I think you'll find a common theme amongst them. If you fly a confederate flag, you ARE, no matter where you live, going to be percieved as a bigot.

I do not view the south as hillbilly. I don't think the south is anymore racist than where I'm living right now. (trust me, its pretty bad here and I hate it, as was the town I grew up in) I'm viewed as a hillbilly by most my friends cause I'm from the middle of nowhere Illinois and their from the "high society" that is chicago. I've loved my trips to the south. Its friendlier there. I'm not trying to turn this into a north/south thing at all. I just said if I was from the south, I wouldn't be proud of the confederate flag.

We may just have to agree to disagree on the symbolism of the confederate flag today.

I am going to digress from the discussion on the symbolism of the Confederate and/or US flags for a moment and bring this back to uniforms.

Why has it been said on this site numerous times that "the Bengals stole the Bears numbers"?

Look closely at the team picture.

Bengals 2004 Team Picture

For one, there's drop shadow being used. For two, look at the "1" on Jeremi Johnson's shoulder (#31) - there is an obvious serif, where the Bears' "1" is a vertical line, sans serif. Similarly, look at the "7" on the #37 of Reggie Myles. Again, a serif. Compare it to the Bears' "7" and you'll see a clear difference.

Similar, yes. Stolen, no.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I am going to digress from the discussion on the symbolism of the Confederate and/or US flags for a moment and bring this back to uniforms.

Why has it been said on this site numerous times that "the Bengals stole the Bears numbers"?

Look closely at the team picture.

Bengals 2004 Team Picture

For one, there's drop shadow being used. For two, look at the "1" on Jeremi Johnson's shoulder (#31) - there is an obvious serif, where the Bears' "1" is a vertical line, sans serif. Similarly, look at the "7" on the #37 of Reggie Myles. Again, a serif. Compare it to the Bears' "7" and you'll see a clear difference.

Similar, yes. Stolen, no.

We just had a unique number font for years and years. Nobody else used that, until the bengels came out with something similar. BAH Bengels! :P

pcgd (even seeing 'pc' in your name cracks me up):

Heck, I'm from upstate NY (just south of the OTT :flagcanada:) and there's quite a few Confederate flags around here. Some appear to simply equate it to the 'Anarchy A' in simply representing rebellion, others seem to wish they could run their own personal Andersonvilles for nonwhites. I dislike them all equally.

The fact is that the Confederacy was created for the sole purpose of perpetuating slavery, just like the Nazis were established to gain power by suppressing minorities. The Confederate Constitution is almost completely identical to the original one, save for the sections regarding slavery. Were those distinctions made for the hell of it or was there a reason behind it?

There is no debate here, unless you want to claim that the Republic of Winston (I'm sure you've heard of it) had some other ulterior motive for what they did. By this standard alone, your claims should be totally dimissed.

However, instead of admitting that, you sputter "B...but the Union was racist too!" like that adds anything relevant to the discussion. OF COURSE the North was racist; few people anywhere believed in the full equality of the races*. Did most Northerners believe that nonwhites should be enslaved? No. Did the Confederate leaders? Yes.

Bottom line, to claim even a modicum of respect, honor, or dignity lies with the Stars and Bars is a lie, a disgrace, and a dishonor to all who fought in that war.

(*This belief was perpetuated well into our modern time across the country; few recall the 1921 Tulsa dynamite incident.)

oakqb4.jpg

I think the only thing I could support from the bears would be the pants striping changing to 3 stripes like the sholders. I like the C as it is cause it perfectly matches the striping on the navy jerseys with orange and a white outline.

Archived