NLL adds another

Dilbert

:puke: I want Detroit, they better be expanding to the East, we already have way too much in the West. That or they better go with a North-South Divisional Format

Hmmm... a twenty-four-year-old clothing designer as majority shareholder and managing partner. All I can say is, "Wow!"

angela_batinovich.jpg

Barring any further expansion, I could see the NLL going with a three-division set-up next season:

East Division

Buffalo

Philadelphia

Rochester

Toronto

Central Division

Calgary

Colorado

Edmonton

Minnesota

West Division

Anaheim

Arizona

Portland

San Jose

Hmmm... a twenty-four-year-old clothing designer as majority shareholder and managing partner. All I can say is, "Wow!"

angela_batinovich.jpg

That's the Majority Owner, um wow...I'd go to more NLL Games if all owners looked like that

The NLL is horrible at picking team locations.

Why are the Lacrosse leagues so afraid to put a team down here in the Southeast? We have a huge untapped fanbase on the Atlantic Coast.

angela_batinovich.jpg

I can assue you that none of the Toronto Rock's owners look nearly as good as her :wub:

I saw, I came, I left.

http://www.oregonlive.com/search/index.ssf...ian?spag&coll=7

Portland, Oregon- as if they needed another western team.

I presume you mean "as If the NLL needs another Western team." From my viewpoint, Portland makes sense for the league logistically. All the teams in the west are in the SW and Calgary is the farthest west team in Canada. Furthermore, the sport of lacrosse is really starting to gain interest in Oregon. Does that guarantee success? No, but there is interest in the sport out here.

And yes, Portland does have a history with box lacrosse. It's been 37 years since we've had a team, but have had one! :D

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just checked the website this morning, and they've got the five most submitted names up there: Pioneers, Mountaineers, Phantoms, Predators, and Power.

If it were me, I'd put Phantoms and Power together and call them the Portland Phantom Power, as a nod to the Tragically Hip. :D

I'd love to see the middle of the country filled in a little more - how about Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis and Dallas?

yeah, Minnesota looks kind of lonely there don't they?

If it were me, I'd put Phantoms and Power together and call them the Portland Phantom Power, as a nod to the Tragically Hip. :D

:lol: now that would be sweet

I saw, I came, I left.

theres a name the team contest on their site...I entered Portland Orcas

Portland NLL

Portland oCalrisians.

Maybe I'm trying too hard.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived