Anyone going to a sporting event soon?

Unifreak

I am going to a baseball game on Sunday. There will be a tailgate party. My first game this year. A's vs. O's. Although I'd love to see the orange O's vs. the yellow A's, there won't be any. I've got field level seats. First time I've ever been in the lower deck!

LET'S GO OAKLAND!

[clap] [clap] [clap] [clap] [clap]

I think this is the first season where I look forward to the days that I'm NOT going to sporting events... I've been to so many baseball games lately it's making me mental.  

I think i've been to about 42 or so this season (4 since July 8), combined that with 68 last season.

Oh, and to answer your question, i'll be going tomorrow, Mike Mussina vs Roy Halladay, hopefully a good under 2-hours game.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

It would be more than two hours if the sausages were running there! Gee, I can't get this race out of my mind!  :angry:

Seriously, should be a good game, n'est pas?

Well, I don't go to many sporting events just because I don't have the time or money, or have other options. Here's a rundown of where I've been...

Blue Jays (or is it just Jays?): 6

Leafs: 1

Raptors: 1

Rock (lacrosse): 3

SF Giants: 1

Disneyland: 3 (had to throw one there for perspective purposes, need to go to DisneyWorld)

NOTE: What's cool is that when the Giants are on the road you can still access the stadium from the gate leading to the outfield bleachers. Sometimes it's just as cool checking out a virtually empty stadium.

I saw, I came, I left.

I am going to a baseball game on Sunday. There will be a tailgate party. My first game this year. A's vs. O's. Although I'd love to see the orange O's vs. the yellow A's, there won't be any. I've got field level seats. First time I've ever been in the lower deck!

LET'S GO OAKLAND!

[clap] [clap] [clap] [clap] [clap]

Unifreak, great seats on the lower deck.  I sat there a month ago for one of the Giants games.  It might be the Black Hole (thanks to Al and his Mt. Davis) but still a decent place to watch a ball game.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I been to 3 or 4 Sox games this year, 1 at Wrigley and the others at good ole' U.S. Cellular *shudder*. And let's see....Monday would be HOME RUN DERBY and Tuesday ALL-STAR GAME!!! YEAH BABY!!! Too bad my man Jeff Bagwell got screwed out of a trip there (not a word). And let's see, Konerko just....sucks this year. So yeah, really won't have anyone there to root for.

Call me crazy, but I just have to try going to one the "bad" places to watch a game like Stade Olympique, Pro Player, Metrodome, Tropicana etc. etc.

Did you know that ESPN is in the process of rating all 30 ballparks? They have been to 5 so far.

http://espn.go.com/page2/

So far:

The best: Pac Bell

The Worst: Olympic Stadium

I saw, I came, I left.

I went to my first game this year on June 1st. Oakland at Kansas City. Zito got a no-decision. I'm going to my second and final game of the season on August 7th. Atlanta at Milwaukee. It will be my first time at Miller Park. It sucks living in Iowa though, it's at least 5 hours to any MLB game. I've only been to 13 games in my life (ATL/MIL will be my 14th)

Actually, here are the games that I've been to:

June 1, 2003

Oakland Athletics at Kansas City Royals

August 5, 2002

Los Angeles Dodgers at Philadelphia Phillies

June 9, 2002

Florida Marlins at Minnesota Twins

July 8, 2001

Anaheim Angels at Colorado Rockies

July 3, 2000

Pittsburgh Pirates at Chicago Cubs

May 28, 2000

Texas Rangers at Minnesota Twins

August 12, 1999

Toronto Blue Jays at Minnesota Twins

August 9, 1998

Chicago Cubs at St. Louis Cardinals

August 10, 1997

New York Yankees at Minnesota Twins

July 7, 1996

Kansas City Royals at Minnesota Twins

July 1, 1994

Toronto Blue Jays at Kansas City Royals

July 5, 1988

Milwaukee Brewers at Kansas City Royals

July 5, 1987

Baltimore Orioles at Minnesota Twins

O's vs Blue Jays: Friday 07-04-03 and Sunday 07-06-03. Watched the O's score 8 in the 8th (with two outs!) Friday to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat...and saw Jorge Julio give up two massive dingers on Sunday...that, coupled with some awful officiating in the bottom of the 10th, enabled the Orioles to blow the game, and the sweep...

Will be back at the Yards Sunday 07-20-03 to see the O's play the Angels on Eddie Murray bobblehead day! :D

Been to lots of Marlins games this year, opening day at Wrigley, and Cubs-White Sox at Comiskey a couple Sundays ago. Up next: Home run derby and All-Star Game, the Cubs here in Florida next week and then I'll follow them to Atlanta for two. Oh yeah, I also went to that LeBron James summer league game in Orlando last Tuesday -- three games for $5, not bad.

Okay, so I live in Central California, but I'm going to a Twins-Indians game in Cleveland July 27th. Now while that might seem only kinda weird, I'll be going into American league country decked out in my Arizona D'Backs garb. Strange eh?

NASCAR. Done. |

nextel_cup_logo.JPG

Let's see, I've been to two Brewers games over the past week, which is more frequent than usual these days.  I think things may be looking up for the team in the next year or two, so I might be at the ballpark a lot more if the team keeps improving...

BTW, Miller Park has to be the coolest park in the majors :D

QPR%20Sig.png

Well I'm off to the cricket soon!! Lord's Test starts in a couple of weeks! Day out in the sun(Fingers cross the nice summer holds up!!) adn beer on tap all day!! Can't think of anything better!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I was at the Cards-Padres game Saturday night which was my second Cards game of the year.  Earlier in the season I took my 17 month old daughter (who, thanks to SyPhi and Brenty now runs around with a little dragon puppet yelling "Trogdor!!!!!") to see the Cards and Astros.  We actually made it 5 innings (an hour past her bedtime) before she conked out and we had to leave.

Let's see....I've been to 4 Red Sox games this year.

1. Sox vs. DRays - Apr. 17 (Gametime temp. was 30 degrees F)

2.Sox vs. Rangers - May 13 & May 14

3.Sox vs. Angels - May 16

I'm wathching a Sox game saturday against the Jays.  Also I'm making a trip to New York to watch the Sox vs. Yanks (I can't wait.  Damn Yankees)

I went to my first game this year on June 1st. Oakland at Kansas City. Zito got a no-decision. I'm going to my second and final game of the season on August 7th. Atlanta at Milwaukee. It will be my first time at Miller Park. It sucks living in Iowa though, it's at least 5 hours to any MLB game. I've only been to 13 games in my life (ATL/MIL will be my 14th)

Actually, here are the games that I've been to:

What's so bad about Iowa? But I will say it's a pain to travel anywhere to see a pro game. But there are few places to go, the midwest is like a black hole to talent.

Running down the nearest places to watch a game from Iowa:

Minnesota has the Vikings, Twins, Wild, and Timberwolves. Not the greatest place to go, but definately not the last.

Wisconsin has the Packers, Brewers, and Bucks. Packers are good, but the farthest away, Brewers are cellar dwellers, and I wouldn't go out of my way to see a Bucks game.

Illinois had the Bulls when they were good, now they're rebuilding, the Cubs are Iowa favorites, the Sox are so-so, the Blackhawks don't even show up in Iowa, the Bears are well liked too, probably one of the top two places for Iowans to go.

Missouri has the Rams, Cards, and Blues, this is probably the favorite spot for Iowans to go to watch a game. They also have the Chiefs (my favorite) and the Royals. The only game I major league game I've ever seen was the Royals V.S. the Twins @ Kauffman.

Nebraska has absolutely nothing, Kansas nothing (unless you count Kansas City, but I put them in Missouri), and South Dakota nothing.

I can say however, that if you want some decent minor league sites, Iowa has baseball and hockey teams to watch throughout the state.

But if you live anywhere near the middle of Iowa, the travels are long and excruciating to see pro ball.

sig09.jpg

What? No sex?

Hmmmm well sex would be a close second I guess!! Although the problem there is women, like Americans just don't get cricket! I've never met a woman who fully appreciates cricket! (Whereas I've never met a woman who doesnt appreciate sex! At least not once they've done it with me!!!!)  :cool:

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived