The sle goes membership

IowaFan26

I don't know if anyone has posted this, because I'm too lazy to check, but if nobody has, I just saw that the SLE has gone to membership.

"Site News" has stated that when he gets it going he'll offer up membership to people like Chris and SLE contributers to help get bugs out, and then maybe a week later open it to regular old joes like us.

"Site News" also states that anyone who is a poster on CCSLP should have no trouble getting a membership (yay).

This, in my opinion, is a good move by Ryan.

--------------

Also, I know Ryan asked us not to do this, but just so everyone knows whats going on with one of the few great logo sites around. (This is a Sports Logo board, and this most certainly applies to Sports Logos)

sig09.jpg

I'm not sure if this is being violated or not:

Please don?t be the start of another post at Chris? board about my site. I don?t think he appreciates having logo post being bumped in favour of gossip about my site

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Yeah, I edited my post after seeing that, I didn't read it all the way through the first time. Honest mistake.

I'm not wanting this to turn into a gossip channel either, but this is more newsworthy type than gossip. Lots of us appreciate the amount of time Ryan puts in to give us such a quality site to go with Chris'.

sig09.jpg

I knew that it would come to this someday.  Oh well, I just hope I can get in (I haven't been that active here but I've been doing High Heat and NHL add-ons for the past three years)...

QPR%20Sig.png

That raises an interesting question... Do you think with that policy in place that people may start posting here just to get a membership to SLE? I mean, that could be a good thing and a bad thing, depending on how you look at it. Good in that it will bring more people to the community but bad in that it might bring people like Unifreak to the community, posting a slew of new and meaningless topics on their first day of joining. Any thoughts from you guys about this? Chris, what say you?

"Site News" also states that anyone who is a poster on CCSLP should have no trouble getting a membership (yay).
this could pose a bit of a problem...cus this board was sort of created so we could get away from the xlr8rs and Unifreaks we see at teh fanhome board.  i applaud going to membership, but i also see what you guys mean about guys like unifreak and xlr8r might flood the site with useless polls and posts, just to get SLE membership.  something's gonna be figured out, i think.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I don't think its necessarily good he posted that if he keeps it up a while, but at the same time I see his reasoning. He needs to rather than just accept posters here, do a small background check, like amount of posts, and time here, and check a couple of there threads to see if they are legit. Also, his vector allowing confused me. I want vector to go with Illustrator, but I have never contributed. I will if that's what he wants though.

In all honesty I never thought about posting on this board till it was mentioned on the SLE... I swing by the site often check out teh other sites like GMS and uniform experiment often, in fact I have them bookmarked but I never really realized I could post my own concepts here till recently... I just hope that my late joining of this board doesnt hold me back from getting membership to the SLE... but either way I thought I should be honest

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

A 100-word essay? Gee... lately, that's been my average post (this one excepted). Which may be construed as a good or a bad thing.

Brian in Boston

Ah, but you're very well spoken, which makes your verbosity appealing and enjoyable! Better that than meaningless banter. :)

That raises an interesting question... Do you think with that policy in place that people may start posting here just to get a membership to SLE? I mean, that could be a good thing and a bad thing, depending on how you look at it. Good in that it will bring more people to the community but bad in that it might bring people like Unifreak to the community, posting a slew of new and meaningless topics on their first day of joining. Any thoughts from you guys about this? Chris, what say you?

I'd actually like to comment on that.  Unfortunately, I did not know that this board even existed until I saw the write-up from Ryan posted on his site.  I have known about thesle.com for a while, and have downloaded a few files here and there.  Until recently, I had yet to been able to share anything, but only because he does such a good job at keeping the site up to date with logos, that it's hard to create something that hasn't been created before.  I did, though, email Ryan last week with the new Rockets logo (finally I found something I could create and share), and have been checking my emails and his site often, just so I could see my work up there.  I honestly didn't even care if he put my name up, I just wanted to know that I helped somehow.  

Having just checked a little while ago, I found that the site has become registration only.  I actually have mixed feelings about this.  I applaud it in one respect, seeing that it will filter out the leeches, but at the same time, I wish that I could go on and check to see if my logo has been added.  Overall, the registration idea is a good one (as long as I can sign up :;):  ), I just hope that it doesn't take too long.

Now as far as just joining these boards to be able to access thesle, I agree that many people will do that.  To be honest, that is a major reason I did.  I don't think the leeches will, though - it's probably too much trouble for them.  However, the reason I hadn't joined yet, is only because I didn't even know this board existed.  I knew about www.chriscreamer.com, I just never looked hard enough to know there was a message board.  I was a member of the Sports Style Board, until one day I went to log in and it was gone.  :(   Anyway, I've been a member of a few message boards for a while, and I'm happy to be part of another.  I will be happy to help anyone with whatever they need, as long as I'm able to.  

By the way, I agree that the 100 word essay will be another great way to filter out the leeches.

I agree with the 100 word essay.  NItroseed has some good points about the 'pretenders'.  Membership does have it's privledges. :laugh:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived