Kansas City Royals changes for 2006

Royals Insider

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. The white, blue, and gray jerseys look great.

Still with the black? Give me a break. I might have preferred the blue jerseys matching the blye in the patch, but I'm guess they either do and it's difficult to tell, or it's difficult to do.

Kudos Royals.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I wish the black was gone, but it least it has been condensed to a road alt and not all over the other jerseys. I agree with the above comment about the shades of blue not matching. I really like that lighter shade and wish they would use that for the home alts, but then they wouldn't match the hats. Either way, they look good and I cannot wait to see the home whites in action.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Guys, guys, guys. The Blues DO match. It's the lighting. The sleeve patches are embroidered, and reflect light much more easily.

Oh ok, nevermind then :oops:. Still can't wait to see the white jerseys on the field.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Better. But there's no need for a small-market team like the Royals to put 4 jerseys on the market. Very few people are going to splurge on the whole set, anyway - give them home, road and 1 alternate, and end it there. The idea of an alternate is just that - a change of pace either home or away.

That the "road alternate" doesn't have the "road script" on it only underscores this point. The Royals could wear their one alternate, in team colors, at home or on the road, since it too lacks the "Kansas City" script. So... why have a black alt at all? It's not in the team's principal colors, and it doesn't distinguish itself as a "road" alternate by not having the appropriate script. It looks even more out of place than it did before.

EDIT: As pointed out by Gothamite and WSU, the road alt script does say "Kansas City". And I am a moron who sometimes misses the details, like what the letters spell. My bad, my apologies.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

That the "road alternate" doesn't have the "road script" on it only underscores this point. The Royals could wear their one alternate, in team colors, at home or on the road, since it too lacks the "Kansas City" script. So... why have a black alt at all? It's not in the team's principal colors, and it doesn't distinguish itself as a "road" alternate by not having the appropriate script. It looks even more out of place than it did before.

As loath as I am to defend the black jersey, it does have the road script.

Better. But there's no need for a small-market team like the Royals to put 4 jerseys on the market. Very few people are going to splurge on the whole set, anyway - give them home, road and 1 alternate, and end it there. The idea of an alternate is just that - a change of pace either home or away.

My computer shows the "road alternate" as a black jersey with "Kansas City" - the road script - on it. What in the world are you talking about?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I was thinking of the old black alternates with "royals" on them. I didn't even notice they'd changed. Terribly, terribly sorry. :unsure: Corrected in previous post with addendum. Feeling shame.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Guys, guys, guys. The Blues DO match. It's the lighting. The sleeve patches are embroidered, and reflect light much more easily.

Ahh...that's what I thought. I really just miss the old road blues of the pine-tar era. Is that fair?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I didn't mind Kansas City adding black as a trim, although the black alt should have been a blue one. I think now, the black alt looks out of place because there's no black anywhere else (except maybe the hats?).

It's a lot cleaner, but feels like it's missing something. There's gold in the logo, but none on the uniforms, except for the patch. I think gold could have been added as a trim color, and the blue is light enough to not be confused with Milwaukee.

I don't like the new script. I like the script in the style guide, but the one on the jersey looks different. The C in City really stand out, as does the odd-shaped dot over the I. It reminds me of a freeware script font, but I can't place the name.

I think the entire identity needs an overhaul, at least a modernization. Not colorwise, but script-wise. The Royals script can stay, but make it bolder or something. "Kansas City" should go back to block lettering.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

This is all I can think of:

web-Special_K_logo_h.gif

I love that cereal.

I don't care if they market it towards women or not...them's good eats.

Agreed, now that they've added flavors (Vanilla Almond, etc.). Plus, you occasionally get a picture of Courtney Thorne-Smith on the box (who, BTW, would only be married to someone like Jim Belushi on TV -- but the "would-only-be-with-in-fiction" topic is a rant for another day).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived