Carolina Panthers concept

dgnmrwrw

Let me start with this disclaimer: I have no real problem with the Panthers' uniforms at all. I think they have a great set that's well balanced. Good, unique colors. I really like the silver/blue/silver for home and the silver/white/white on the road.

So this was just for fun. I was trying to back off the emphasis on silver and put much more emphasis on black, seeing as a panther is essentially a solid black critter.

So welcome black helmets and black pants, and much less silver.

Also, I wanted to simplify the jerseys some by removing some of the Panther logos. Currently, the logo is on both sides of the helmet, both sleeves, and both hips; for a total of six times on the uniform. So I put it only on the helmet.

So here are my home and away Panthers uniforms:

Carolina.gif

And here's the alternate:

Carolina2.gif

C+C welcome.

Also, here is another alternate concept, with white jerseys and pants:

Carolina3.gif

I'll proabably need to change the pants stripe on this one to blue outlined in black to match the jerseys.

As far as the numbers on the white jerseys, I wanted to include the silver without putting it between the blue and the black, thus creating a dark/light/dark number combo. It probably doesn't work very well as it is, and I will probably end up just using black numbers outlined in blue.

Whats up with the silver on the #s on the white jersey? looks bad. Should have the silver in between like the other two jerseys. Like the helmet though.

I think he was going for a transion from light to dark, which I think is a nice touch

Whats up with the silver on the #s on the white jersey? looks bad. Should have the silver in between like the other two jerseys. Like the helmet though.

I think he was going for a transion from light to dark, which I think is a nice touch

You hit the nail on the head. I tried to do that in all three.

Like the uni's a lot. In general, I'm not a fan of the black logo on a black helmet, ala Atl. Falcons, but the teal/silver panther looks like it would work. I'd want to see the design on a real helmet to get a feel for it.

I dont think the Black logo on the Black helmet works very well...their helmets now i think are just fine. they just beed to make the 2 slashes/stripes a bit thinner.

Otherwise, i really like what you've done. I totally agree that 6 logos on 1 uniform is far too many. However, i do think the Carolina Blue jersey should be the fulltime home uni.

Archived