Could these be the new Pistons and Pacers logos...

NYCdog

looking on the optimistic side, for me at least, is that these two pacers and pistons logos are just secondaries, because a lot of the other draft hats have the secondary logo for the team and not the primary. but then again how different could the primaries be even if these are just secondaries...

i remember when the season the nuggets were changing the draft hat had the 'DN' with the mountains in it, and that was the first thing we ever saw from their new package.

I think the Pistons are just one unique example. They're really the only team that has used a secondary logo as a primary.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I don't like the simplicity of a lot of recent logos - Seattle, Houston for example - what they have are great secondary logos but are missing something. Slap the Houston emblem on a silver ball, for instance, it'd be nice. But for the primary to just say houston rockets on either side, and seattle to just slap some text above it - boring. I don't like the Pistons one here for that reason either. Just wordmark on a ball is only allowed if you're the Lakers or Knicks and have had it forever.

When will Philly ever drop the black and/or gold? It's disgraceful. I saw they came out with a Philly dynasty series DVD, but they have the current logo on the cover! sad!

The Pacers one is ok I guess, but awfully simple - and too much space between the circle and the P...they need something more intricate...the P is pretty timeless though, with them using the hand version and the current version basically forever - it would be bad do dump it completely.

I guess I like more intricate logos - if the pajama Rockets logo dropped the smiley face and had colors that fit with the teams history - I think it would have been great actually, a rocket whose stream made the lines on the basketball? Actually that's brilliant. Hmm, that's an idea for a concept if the current emblem could be added to that.

ah yeah those are almost all secondaries.

The more I see that Detroit one, the worse it looks. Adding "Detroit" takes away the simplicity it had before that was all it had going for it - now it's cluttered and dull at the same time.

At least the old 80's logo had the wordmark integrated into it somehow, and I'd imagine with the 2 circles that it kind of represents a piston that could move...now it's just words on a basketball, might as well say 'spalding'

The more I see that Detroit one, the worse it looks.  Adding "Detroit" takes away the simplicity it had before that was all it had going for it - now it's cluttered and dull at the same time.

80826091_z.jpg

That's clutter? :therock:

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

The Indianapolis Star reports that the Pacers have settled on the new uniform design but have not set a date to unveil it. The paper says team CEO Donnie Walsh describes the new uniforms as "similar to the current pin-striped model but 'a little more modern'.

I have heard that the Pacers and Pistons are revealing the new logos at the draft, so there might be something to these Draft Day caps being a hint of things to come.

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the way they fixed up the Pistons logo.

As for the Hawks 2ndary, looks too much like the AZ Cardinals to me. I see it, I think Cards. sry

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Indianapolis Star reports that the Pacers have settled on the new uniform design but have not set a date to unveil it. The paper says team CEO Donnie Walsh describes the new uniforms as "similar to the current pin-striped model but 'a little more modern'.

No, no, no, no, no. If they're going to do a new design, it should not be anything like that crappy pinstripe look at ALL!

I guess the new Pacers uni's are going to suck.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived