Could these be the new Pistons and Pacers logos...

NYCdog

2005 draft caps are out...some interesting observations.

It was said the Pistons would have new logo merchandise, but not new uniforms. Obviously, this is a hint at a modified logo then. This below fits the bill.....

80826091_z.jpg

While I was at it, we all know the Pacers will have a new set for next season. This is what the draft day cap for 2005 will look like....tenatively, I guess.

80826121_z.jpg

Discuss....

NYCdog.png

Have thse logos been used before?

The Pacers logo looks like the mark they have at center court at Conseco. But that font looks a tad bit different now form what the font usually is on the logo.

As for the Stones logo, I cant remember seeing this variation with Detroit on top and no gradients.

EDIT: I found my answer in the "Stones/Pacers changes 2005" thread thanks to Pantone of course. Detroit has never used that logo on the cap, gone are the gradients and the use of silver.

Pantone, can you clear up the Pacers font question? I believe that is a new font on that draft cap. Its similar to a "Roaring 20's" slim font. It was last used by Phoenix on its baselines of its home court in the Barkley era.

NYCdog.png

I'd be fine if that was the so-called new Pistons logo, they already have something good goin'. The Pacers on the other hand need to modify that damn "P".

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

these half a** overhauls make me mad, like why not start with something new. im tired of seeing that stupid p with a ball running through it. and that pistons logo is so damn plain. bummer.

But it also leaves the door open for so many possibilities. The Pistons have one of the best color schemes in the league and they know that simplicity works, so why not stick with it?

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

these half a** overhauls make me mad, like why not start with something new. im tired of seeing that stupid p with a ball running through it. and that pistons logo is so damn plain. bummer.

not everyone can pop out a masterpiece every couple days.

if thats the new pistons logo, then im happy. its a very nice update over what they had durring teh "bad boy" era. yeah, its kind of plain, but this new logo took a tradional yet dated logo and freshened it up. as for the pacers, that logo is just plain boring. the "P" alone is great for a team called the pacers and they had the perfect unis in the flo-jo's to complement it. they messed that up with the pinstripes and now seem to be going in the same (but wrong) dircetion with this boring logo.

I agree with AAO.

The Pistons have so much potential for decent logos, hell, even the horse head/ball combo is nice, but they go back to the ball with wordmark over the top?!?! Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will find the other secret element of the redesign before it's released - a red, white and blue basketball a la CBA/ABA (or whatever the name of that pissy little American pro league with the bad logos is called).

That's about the level they're pitching at here with that plain-ass logo.

I'm sure the recent championship has also influenced them to go more retro.....permanently!

Retired Number's To Come

I can't believe anyone would have ANY problems with these new logos. Clean, simple, CLASSIC. Sure the horse head would have been nice somewhere, but I always thought that was a bit of a stretch anyway (Pistons to horsepower).

Keep it simple.

Where did you find those images? I would like to know what the Sixers one looks like.

No changes for the Sixers logo...here's there cap.

80826211_z.jpg

And I cant forget about that all important link The Pacers and Pistons caps should be somewhere below the Sixers cap description.

One more thing......Eastbay has had a history of leaking new NBA gear before they have been released. The Rockets new unis from a few years back instantly comes to mind. So do the Bobcats, Nuggets, and Grizz for that matter.

In fact, I shudder to say this but, Eastbay has spilt more secrets about new logos/uniforms before unveilings then Pantone does here. So chances are, these are the Stones' and Pacers new logos.

NYCdog.png

NYCdog, actually I don't think Pantone has ever leaked a logo from a trusted source. He may know about them, or tease us about it, but if someone says "don't tell", he won't do it.

I am not sure if that's the newest Pacer logo. I mean, it looks like the same darn thing. Well, at least I hope it's not. They're gonna buy mine. Ok, they're not.

Archived