Illustrator Help

pcgd

could someone tell me how to make a basic logo please ?

you need to be more specific than that....there are tons of ways to make logos.

specifically, what's the problem you are having?

i'll try to answer, but it might not be what you are looking for.

first, sketch out your logo idea.

second, scan your sketch.

third, import your scanned sketch into illustrator and trace it, then color it, then add whatever text is necessary to the logo.

voila!

How do I vectorize stuff without losing quality? When I try the edges (text especially) comes out looking a bit wavy.

I don't know what this is called exactly but how do I create a section that I can just click and it will instantly highlight and I can fill it in (like how templates are sectioned off).

Use the pen tool instead of Live Trace.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

My Adobe Illustrator CS2 won't open up...It says "runtime has been terminated" what does that mean??? And how do I fix it???

reinstall the program

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Maybe someone can help me.

I want to place a Text on an arch, the upper line of the text shall be straight, while the lower line should follow the arch...

Thanks!

This one's easier than you think it is, but you have to work backwards to get what you want.

What I mean is, you do the text you want on the arch first. Assuming you have AI 10, you'll want to go under your Type tool and select the Path Type tool (it'll be the one with the T sloping downward at an angle). Click the arch and type. You might want to make sure your text is centered before you do this; go under the Paragraph tab of your Type palette (use Ctrl-T if you don't see it) and click the Center button (second from the left).

Then type the first line of the text over the arch. Reset your Type tool to the default (the plain T) and you're good to go.

I am trying this suggestions for the text to be curved on bottom and straight across on top. I am only getting arched text. When I click back to the plain text nothing happens. do i need to attach it to a path?

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

I installed Photoshop CS2 and now everything in illustrator looks faded. All my colors on my previous work are brighter like someone turned the brightness up on my monitor (its not my monitor though). The colors look fine though in the image preview.

(Now I don't know if its because of photoshop but I hadn't touched illustrator in like a day and in that time the only thing I installed was PSCS2)

Untitled-1.png

Maybe someone can help me.

I want to place a Text on an arch, the upper line of the text shall be straight, while the lower line should follow the arch...

Thanks!

This one's easier than you think it is, but you have to work backwards to get what you want.

What I mean is, you do the text you want on the arch first. Assuming you have AI 10, you'll want to go under your Type tool and select the Path Type tool (it'll be the one with the T sloping downward at an angle). Click the arch and type. You might want to make sure your text is centered before you do this; go under the Paragraph tab of your Type palette (use Ctrl-T if you don't see it) and click the Center button (second from the left).

Then type the first line of the text over the arch. Reset your Type tool to the default (the plain T) and you're good to go.

I am trying this suggestions for the text to be curved on bottom and straight across on top. I am only getting arched text. When I click back to the plain text nothing happens. do i need to attach it to a path?

type your text normally, then create outlines, afterward, select your outlined text, go to edit --> envelope distort (select warp), then play with the extenders from the corner points using the direct select (white arrow) tool, after you get your desired effect, expand the appearance....i'll revisit this tomorrow morning, as i am trying to explain this all from memory.

but that's pretty much how i do my arched text, since i don't like not being able to completely control the arch myself.

Hobogrish, to arc the baseline of text, follow these steps.

Type it.

Select it.

Go to [Type > Create Outlines].

Go to [Effect > Warp > Arc Lower].

Check [Preview] box.

Adjust your values until it looks how you want it.

Click [OK].

Go to [Object > Expand Appearance].

Enjoy.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I don't think it's necessary to convert the text to outlines first. I think the text is still live even under the arch/envelope distortions, isn't it? Once you expand appearance it generates the outlines.

As far as the .ttf fonts into Illustrator question, just do what you would normally do with any font. On a Mac, you can double click on the file and it will open up in FontBook on its own, and you can click the button that says "activate this font". For PCs, just place the file into your font folder (somewhere on the C drive).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

do you just want a stroke added to the general outside shape of the logo?

if so, select that area only, copy, paste in back...now the pasted area is selected, apply a stroke to that selected region using the stroke pallette.

voila!

if you want to be able to select that stroked region later on, you might want to convert the stroke to outlines, because it's a pain in the ass to select a stroked region that is behind everything else.

another way to do it is to select the outside shape region, and use the offset path function, that way you work your stroke in whatever increment of measurement your file is in, as opposed to using point sizes to stroke it.

do you just want a stroke added to the general outside shape of the logo?

if so, select that area only, copy, paste in back...now the pasted area is selected, apply a stroke to that selected region using the stroke pallette.

voila!

if you want to be able to select that stroked region later on, you might want to convert the stroke to outlines, because it's a pain in the ass to select a stroked region that is behind everything else.

another way to do it is to select the outside shape region, and use the offset path function, that way you work your stroke in whatever increment of measurement your file is in, as opposed to using point sizes to stroke it.

Thanks, joel. That seems to be working fine.

im lost with the magic wand now cus its not the same with adobe, i highlight somehting nutton high lights , or atleast i doing somehting rong, i press y, or hold shift nutton happend, im lost now dont laugh cus im so used to adobe changes are hard lol.

4kv29i.jpg