Tampa Bay Buccaneers 30th Anniversary patch

CrookedThumb

They shouldn't celebrate being 0-16 their first season... Nor beating the Raiders, because, who CAN'T do that?

(a.) They can't celebrate being 0-16 their first season because they "only" went 0-14.

(b.) Ask the rest of the AFC playoff participants in the 2002-03 season who couldn't beat the Raiders.

Seriously, put a little bit of thought into the context of the topic you're discussing. We're talking about a patch commemorating the Bucs' thirtieth season. It's not about any particular season or game but the entire team history and the fact that they are entering a "special" anniversary year.

I'm a huge fan of the old color scheme and uniforms, however it has been made more than clear by the team's present ownership that the old logo will not be used in any way, shape or form by the team at least for the duration of such ownership. Keep in mind that the original team colors are still used, only in far different proportions than before and with the addition of pewter and black, so it's not as if they are turning away from the original colors altogether. And if the new ownership prefers to concentrate on the present appearance of the team when choosing an anniversary patch design, then that's their prerogative and I've got no problem with it. This team chooses to focus on the present and future and I really can't blame them.

What would make that patch so much better is if the banner part of it had a worn, tattered look to it. A couple of ripped notches here and there, kind of like a treasure map look.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

What would make that patch so much better is if the banner part of it had a worn, tattered look to it. A couple of ripped notches here and there, kind of like a treasure map look.

what he said

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

I never understood why Bucco Bruce is so loved, when it represented the low points for the franchise. Anyways, the logo could be so much better. But just a few tweaks. Make the 30 the same font as the Buccaneers typeface, "roughen up" the ribbon, perhaps even go as far as a "treasure map font" on the ribbon, and BAM!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I never understood why Bucco Bruce is so loved, when it represented the low points for the franchise. Anyways, the logo could be so much better. But just a few tweaks. Make the 30 the same font as the Buccaneers typeface, "roughen up" the ribbon, perhaps even go as far as a "treasure map font" on the ribbon, and BAM!

i think bucco is so loved because sports truely isn't ALLLL about winning. if it was, we'd all just cheer for teams that win everything every year.

like it or hate it, bucco bruce and creamsicle uniforms WERE the tampa bay buccs for a looong time. just because it was ugly, and they lost a lot of games wearing it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. it doesn't mean it's not part of team history.

no one is asking for them to bring it back as an alternate, or to change back to the old logo or colors... but in an anniversary season, which is always marked by remembering the ups and downs of the past, why would you continue to ignore the history of the club?

i mean, if glazer is that upset with the bucco bruce era, and doesn't want to claim it as his buccs, then don't have a 30th anniversary season yet. apparently if losing seasons are completely useless, and worth forgetting, then why doesn't glazer call this year the 10th anniversary season of the REAL tampa bay buccs?

• 2 months later...

Archived