Will We See A Pistons/Spurs Final?

Adman89

With Wade getting injured in game five, his status for games six and seven is questionnable. And shaq isn't at 100%. Will the Pistons take advantage of the battle-wounded heat and advance in seven or will the Heat pull it out.

Also, if you were Stan Van Gundy would you...

a ) not play wade at all in game 6 so he can play full minutes in game 7

b ) give wade minimal playing time in game six so he's not rusty for game 7

c ) play wade 40+ minutes for both games six and seven

d ) not play wade for games six and seven and take your chances

We will see a Spurs/Pistons finals, in my opinion. They were down 3-2 to the Nets last year, I believe, so they know what they have to do.

It will go to a game 7, either way because I believe there's some truth to what Rasheed said. The League wants it to go 7.

IUe6Hvh.png

I wanted a Suns - Heat Finals but since that's not going to happen now and with Wade practically having to score 40+ points every night in order for Miami to win I honestly think Detroit has the best chance to beat San Antonio.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

With Wade getting injured in game five, his status for games six and seven is questionnable. And shaq isn't at 100%. Will the Pistons take advantage of the battle-wounded heat and advance in seven or will the Heat pull it out.

Also, if you were Stan Van Gundy would you...

a ) not play wade at all in game 6 so he can play full minutes in game 7

b ) give wade minimal playing time in game six so he's not rusty for game 7

c ) play wade 40+ minutes for both games six and seven

d ) not play wade for games six and seven and take your chances

A Spurs/Pistons final would be quite boring. I was hoping for Suns/Heat, but the Spurs can play any style of basketball most nights. I just don't want to be bored to tears by textbook defense. Sure, it wins championships, but damn, is it boring!

As for...

If I were Stan Van Gundy I would...

b ) give Wade minimal playing time in game six so he's not rusty for game 7

If he's injured, there's a question of how effective he'd be in either Game 6 or 7 (that is, if there even is a Game 7). By the end of the first quarter, we should be able to see how effective he is. Either way, Wade needs to be played at least half the time tonight. He's your #2 guy, and if he's not in there, the Pistons can shut down Shaq and force Game 7.

The strategy should be to close out the series as quickly as possible. Don't give Detroit any more chances. The playoffs (at least in the NHL; not sure about the NBA) are about playing through pain. Why do you play the game? You play to win the game, that's why. And it'd certainly help Miami if both Shaq and D-Wade are in the lineup.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Will We See A Pistons/Spurs Final?

No.

I'm gonna make a bold prediction (considering all the inujries) and say Miami will wrap things up tonight.

I'm gonna go ahead and say I was dead wrong about it being over tonight.

6uXNWAo.png

Yup. 91-66, Detroit.

Screw the team doctors. Shoulda played him.

Now, even though the Heat's going home, they're really pushing it. If Wade doesn't play on Monday, they're gonna regret it. You're supposed to play against doctor's orders, dammit! It's the playoffs!

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

well Game 7 will be in Miami and I can assure you they wont lose by 25 again. I see the Heat bouncing back and winning it to advance to the Finals Monday.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Yup. 91-66, Detroit.

Good lord, that happened when D-Wade didn't play??? That sounds like a normal score in one of my NBA Live 2005 games when I play the computer and win :lol:

Game 7 is gonna be interesting...

Detroit will take Game 7 by a pretty healthy margin.

agreed

Unfortunate as it is I would have to agree as well.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I'm sticking with my preseason selections...

Spurs vs. Pistons in the NBA Finals -- Spurs in 6.

Wade and Shaq both under 100%, Pistons with championship experience, win or go home, and they've taken it to a healthy Shaq who had a healthy Kobe Bryant... below 100% Shaq AND Wade spells gone fishin' for the Heat.

And hell, no NYer ever wants to see Miami in the NBA Finals. So nyah.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Archived