A Full Out Mets Concept

KennyRock

Since I got here, I've been trying to nail down exactly what I'd like to see the Mets wear. Here's my first complete stab at it:

Uniforms:

- I ditched the home pinstripes, the home black alt, the road black alt and the BP jersey.

- I kept the clean whites and road greys nearly the same.

- I add a blue alternate, much in the tune of the blue Cooperstown jersey.

- I added a black BP, so the Mets have something to sell, seeing as they claim their black stuff sells the best. I don't mind it on the BP.

Caps:

- The traditional blue home cap is now the cap for both home and road.

- I ditched the all-black alternate cap and the current BP cap.

- I made the black/blue road cap the BP cap.

- I introduced a new alt cap, a blue hat with and orange bill and a white outline around the "NY", just like the matching jersey.

Logos:

- The main logo went unchanged. The secondary was simplified a bit to match the BP jersey.

Wordmarks:

- The black drop shadow has been dropped from the home and road wordmarks.

- A new wordmark(orange with white outline) was created for the Alt.

- A new wordmark(blue with orange outline) was created to match the Hat and logo on the BP.

And here ya go:

MetsFullCon.png

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I like your work. It's clean without all the pizazz of the pinstripes-drop shadow-what-do-we-wear-today unis they have now.

Only things you forgot are stripes on the pants. Plain pants are too plain, unless you're the Dodgers. And put numbers on the front of all the jerseys. The shirts look too plain without them.

Great job! :D:rolleyes::P

Off topic a little bit, it always bothered me that the "Mets" script doesn't match the "New York" script which doesn't match the "NY" on the hats. A little consistancy would be nice.

Anyway, as for your concept, add piping to the side of the pants and you are pretty much set. Maybe the home/road caps would be better with the white outline like you did with the alt cap?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As a huge Mets fan, I really appreciate what you've done. The drop-shadows and black everywhere had really gotten a little ridiculous. I love the clean white and gray uniforms you've made for the blue cap, wouldn't mind seeing the pinstripes still used on occasion (they've played well with them this year). I don't really picture them in the blue alternate, so maybe just repalce that with the pinstripes. Otherwise, fantastic job.

As a huge Mets fan, I really appreciate what you've done. The drop-shadows and black everywhere had really gotten a little ridiculous. I love the clean white and gray uniforms you've made for the blue cap, wouldn't mind seeing the pinstripes still used on occasion (they've played well with them this year). I don't really picture them in the blue alternate, so maybe just repalce that with the pinstripes. Otherwise, fantastic job.

The home version needs the pinstripes. I like the colored yoke.

I don't like the alt, it seems like it's missing something.

The black batting jersey looks nice, but it makes no sense since there's no black anywhere else but there. I think black could be used just for shadowing (like it is now), or a trim (like the bill of the caps) ,and will make all the letters and numbers pop out more. Then a black BP would at least be a consistent scheme as the home, away & alt.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Not bad...just curious, have they ever had jerseys that said "Metropolitians" on them? Just a thought, those might be interesting maybe???

I've actually tried making alts with "Metropolitans" - here are my attempts:

metsalt.png

metsalt1.png

I dunno, it's such a long name, not sure how one would make it look good. To answer your question, they've never worn jerseys with the full name spelled out.

By the way, thanks for all the comments - I'll prolly add pinstripes back in, and add pants striping on the road. I'll see if I can tie in black - I admit it looks a little outta place when it's nowhere else in the identity.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

I would try putting Metropolitians in an arc, rather than a slant, across the front.

You're probably right. I've kinda given up on that idea for now. People are used to the "Mets" script, and it prolly ain't goin' anywhere.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

Not bad...just curious, have they ever had jerseys that said "Metropolitians" on them?  Just a thought, those might be interesting maybe???

I've actually tried making alts with "Metropolitans" - here are my attempts:

metsalt.png

metsalt1.png

I dunno, it's such a long name, not sure how one would make it look good. To answer your question, they've never worn jerseys with the full name spelled out.

By the way, thanks for all the comments - I'll prolly add pinstripes back in, and add pants striping on the road. I'll see if I can tie in black - I admit it looks a little outta place when it's nowhere else in the identity.

I think you're right, it might be too long but I think they're still good looking.

Archived