Tennessee Titans Uniform Concept...

ColeJ

As a Titans fan, I've taken it upon myself to see if I can improve the Titans overall look... i've read many complaints on this forum about the titans uniforms, so i decided that maybe i could attempt to tweak them for the better, rather than give them an overhaul.

here's what i came up with:

homes:

home.gif

roads:

away.gif

alternates:

alternate.gif

i tried to increase the amount of red, for 3 reasons. first, it's my favorite color. second, it was a big part of the houston oilers color scheme. lastly, as a tribute to the titans "flamehead" fans... the titans flamehead fashion jersey was the inspiration for the new alternate. i also dropped the triangular helmet stripes and ditched the "leotard" style same-color-socks-and-pants. :)

i've heard a lot of complaints about the titans flaming thumbtack logo, and calls for the sword to become the new helmet logo... and while i agree that the sword logo is awesome, and much nicer than the thumbtack, it just doesn't look good on the helmet. it's not shaped well... and the flaming thumbtack really does fit the helmet quite well.

as i said, i tweaked this concept as much as i could, while still keeping it decidedly titan. it's my favorite football team, and has been for years... so i tried to keep the same general identity... just alter it a tad bit.

please, tell me what you think of it. any and all comments are always welcome.

-edit- here's what the helmets look like, in 3d...

helmettitans.gif

Awesome work, Cole. I love the revival of the Oilers' identity. I think maybe some different striping on the pants for the alternate might be in order, but other than that, from one Titans fan to another, great job! :notworthy:

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I really like this.

One suggestion-- I don't know if it would work but did you try replicating the insert under the yolk onto the pants, kind of like the Falcons' pants? I think that might look cool.

In any event, nice work Cole. :notworthy:

trophy_silver.gif

I really like this.

One suggestion-- I don't know if it would work but did you try replicating the insert under the yolk onto the pants, kind of like the Falcons' pants? I think that might look cool.

In any event, nice work Cole. :notworthy:

i tried that, but i felt it looked a little too busy... especially on the alternates.

i definately appreciate the input, though.

thanks to everyone who's responded so far.

Just two things, man:

1. This concept helped me figure out what I don't like about the Titans - that light blue shoulder yoke. The only color it looks okay with is the navy, and I'd rather see the navy on the shoulders. Can you do the white jersey with a navy shoulder yoke?

2. Also, those paints need red somewhere in there, if for no other reason than to tie the alt with the uniform scheme.

If ya make those changes, I'd sign off on this one in a heartbeat. Nice work!

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

More than anything, I like the fact that all the design elements are tied together and you made the nod to the old Oilers jerseys by going back to Columbia Blue for the home uniforms. Great job ;)

QPR%20Sig.png

I like it alot Cole...the red accent really makes the jersey look more exciting. Plus, by incoporating the red, like you said, it's kind of an "homage" to the Houston Oilers. Fine job my friend!

I'm also a huge titan fan (in spirit, not girth). I like adding the red accents and solid stripes on the helmet. I guess I'm in the minority, but I've always liked the thumbtack logo. I'm not a fan of the red alt jersey. I think it would look bad on the field for them. They are not the Pats, the falcons, or the cards. I don't recall the oilers ever having a red jersey, so if you are harkening back to the oilers, I don't see the connection. At the moment, I don't have a suggestion for an alternate color.

p.s., I hope they stay away from all white uniform combination. Did they ever win in those?

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Cole, this is a really sweet update! i like the red accents on the sleeves, especially on the power blue home (that jersy on Bennett looks awesome!)

The only thing im not feeling is the red facemask....not sure why. I just think it takes over the helmet and stands out too much from the rest of the design. The navy 'mask they have now works fine IMO. I do like the solid stripe though.

I'm also a huge titan fan (in spirit, not girth). I like adding the red accents and solid stripes on the helmet. I guess I'm in the minority, but I've always liked the thumbtack logo. I'm not a fan of the red alt jersey. I think it would look bad on the field for them. They are not the Pats, the falcons, or the cards. I don't recall the oilers ever having a red jersey, so if you are harkening back to the oilers, I don't see the connection. At the moment, I don't have a suggestion for an alternate color.

p.s., I hope they stay away from all white uniform combination. Did they ever win in those?

i don't recall an all-white victory... but i didn't think it looked too terribly bad. :)

and the red jersey wasn't an homage to the oilers... the red facemasks and red jersey inserts are for the oilers... the red alternate is an homage to the flameheads that sit in the stands wearing red fashion jerseys, red pants, and red troll-doll wigs :)

i'm not really feeling the mcnair photo edit, myself... it almost seems like there's too much color on that specific one, but i might just be because of the sock color. on paper, i like it a lot... but on the mcnair photo edit, i get a superman vibe. :) oh well, it's just a concept, and i still enjoy it.

and epper.. i agree... drew looks awesome in that :) i'd love one of those with a big #53 on it.

AWESOME 'CEPTS!!!!....ONLY thing i would try and do is instead of adding the navy blue shoulders for the alts., I would use the light blue...that way, as a somewhat "modern" homage to the Oilers lineage, you'll have the main colors.....red, Columbia blue, and use the navy as an accent.....other than that.....it's freakin awesome maaaaaaaaaaan..........but if you can make the alt. I suggested, that would be killer......

A gazillion points for NO BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

AWESOME 'CEPTS!!!!....ONLY thing i would try and do is instead of adding the navy blue shoulders for the alts., I would use the light blue...that way, as a somewhat "modern" homage to the Oilers lineage, you'll have the main colors.....red, Columbia blue, and use the navy as an accent.....other than that.....it's freakin awesome maaaaaaaaaaan..........but if you can make the alt. I suggested, that would be killer......

A gazillion points for NO BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

columbia blue shoulders was my original intention of making this concept to begin with (in the thread about the red titans fashion jerseys)

but it always looks terrible and clashes with the red when i try it..... i'd love nothing more than to have it look awesome in that configuration, but it really does look just plain awful. :(

Archived