Las Vegas or Charlotte MLB uni challenge

Youppi!

with mock re-alignment plans i've seen so far i have a question,what is the reasoning of moving Colorado in the AL and not Ariziona??

Arizona is in the western time zone and colorado is not plus colorado is a hitters paradise so it would fit in well in the al as long as they insist on the dh

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first off, EXPANSION WITHIN MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL IS NOT THE ANSWER. as someone stated earlier, the talent would get so diluted that we'd see double-a ballplayers become starters on more than a few ballclubs. as much as i hate bud selig and his opinions, not to mention that i enjoy having as many cities satisfied as possible, i really think contraction is not just needed but, in my opinion, CONTRACTION IS MANDATORY for the financial well-being of both baseball and the united states of america. expansion has been a very large factor in baseball's collapse since the strike of 1994.

for practicality's sake, only cities that deserve teams should have a team. this means no charlotte, no denver, no las vegas, no monterrey, no montreal, no oakland, no portland, no san juan, and absolutely no tampa bay. don't think that arlington (rangers), kansas city, pittsburgh, seattle or toronto deserve a team either. that's right - you heard me...TORONTO. you know why i say that? because no matter how well the team plays, no one heads out to support their club. <_< hey, the team even went BANKRUPT...

so, what i REALLY want to see is a start from scratch with (changes in CAPS)

an AMERICAN LEAGUE consisting of:

Baltimore Orioles

Boston Red Sox

CALIFORNIA ANGELS

Chicago White Sox

Cleveland Indians

Detroit Tigers

KANSAS CITY ATHLETICS (oakland can kiss their a's bye-bye)

MILWAUKEE BREWERS (from NL)

Minnesota Twins

NEW ORLEANS BAYOU (from tampa bay)

New York Yankees

SEATTLE PILOTS

and a NATIONAL LEAGUE with:

Atlanta Braves

BROOKLYN DODGERS

Chicago Cubs

Cincinnati Reds

Florida Marlins

Houston Astros

NEW YORK GIANTS

Philadelphia Phillies

Pittsburgh Pirates

San Diego Padres (one of only two california teams)

St. Louis Cardinals

WASHINGTON SENATORS

...lastly, SUCK FELIG

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Wow, what a retarded post dorf. First, you contract teams like Arlington and Pittsburgh, and give THREE teams to New York? Talk about screwed up. Moving teams like this all over the place is stupid, and the players on the contracted teams would have no fair place to go.

One word, stupid.

And if we insist on 8 divisions:

AL Classic West:

1.Chicago Sox 2.Cleveland 3.Detroit 4.Oakland (Philadelphia A's)

AL Expansion North:

1.Minnesota 2.Portland (expansion) 3.Seattle 4.Toronto

AL Expansion South:

1.Kansas City 2.Los Angeles of Anaheim 3.Tampa Bay 4.Texas

NL Classic East:

1.Atlanta (Boston/Milwaukee) 2.Philadelphia 3.Pittsburgh 4.Saint Louis

NL Classic West:

1.Chicago Cubs 2.Cincinnati 3.Los Angeles (Brooklyn) 4.San Francisco (NY Giants)

NL Expansion East:

1.Florida 2.Houston 3.Milwaukee 4.New York Mets

NL Expansion West:

1.Arizona 2.Colorado 3.Las Vegas (expansion) 4.San Diego

Let's see here.

The AL West has 3 teams east of the Mississippi, and 2 in the Eastern time zone.

Toronto's closest division rival is almost 1000 miles away, the other two are on the Pacific Coast.

Tampa Bay's division rivals are over 1200 miles away. Its farthest is on the Pacific Coast.

The NL East Cardinals would travel over Cincinnati and Chicago (its hated rival for over a century, BTW) to play divisional games v. Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.

The NL East Mets travel past Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and Chicago to play division rival Milwaukee.

I like the thinking, but damn would I hate to be the travelling secretary for some of these teams. I'm not even saying there is a better way, and I don't pretend to know what one would be. But some of these are too impractical to ever adopt into practice.

Now, some other tidbits to comment on...

for practicality's sake, only cities that deserve teams should have a team.

What are the criteria? Personal preference?

Look at the economics of what you're saying. Charlotte is the banking and commerce capital of the southeast, the population has increased over 10% annually for about a decade, and draws fans from North and South Carolina, and they're not worthy. Denver is just about the only major American city in its entire time zone, and they're not worthy. But New Orleans, which barely supports one of its teams (Saints), and isn't killing them at the box office in its 2nd go-round as an NBA city (Jazz made out better in UTAH than in N.O., and the Hornets don't break the bank), and has 1 or 2 Fortune 500 companies to buy up the luxury boxes and finance the stadiums, is worthy. Las Vegas, whose economy is fueled mostly by tourism and whose permanent population generally come from somewhere else (and thus have their own preformed rooting preferences) and whose workforce is largely made up of shift workers, is worthy.

don't think that arlington (rangers), kansas city, pittsburgh, seattle or toronto deserve a team either

So Kansas City doesn't deserve a team, and you disband the Royals... then move the A's back to Kansas City. :blink: Please explain.

LV Posse? Meh... it's been done - TO THE EXTREME!!!

He Hate Me, we never knew ye. RIP, XFL.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

CONTRACTION IS MANDATORY for the financial well-being of both baseball and the united states of america.

Uh... :wacko:

Contraction is mandatory for the financial well being of the USA? I'd like to see your figures, you know, if you get a chance.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

CONTRACTION IS MANDATORY for the financial well-being of both baseball and the united states of america.

Uh... :wacko:

Contraction is mandatory for the financial well being of the USA? I'd like to see your figures, you know, if you get a chance.

Well according to current Social Security numbers, we are going to need a lot more contractions so our work force is big enough in the future to support us kids. ^_^

...toronto deserve a team either. that's right - you heard me...TORONTO. you know why i say that? because no matter how well the team plays, no one heads out to support their club. <_< hey, the team even went BANKRUPT...

<_<

the jays draw well when the team plays well, just like most teams.

Baltimore Orioles

Boston Red Sox

CALIFORNIA ANGELS

Chicago White Sox

Cleveland Indians

Detroit Tigers

Minnesota Twins

New York Yankees

SEATTLE PILOTS

Atlanta Braves

BROOKLYN DODGERS

Chicago Cubs

Cincinnati Reds

Florida Marlins

Houston Astros

NEW YORK GIANTS

Philadelphia Phillies

Pittsburgh Pirates

St. Louis Cardinals

WASHINGTON SENATORS

why doesnt la have a team? this is just stupid. why dont you just say take out all teams west of the missisippi because their a waste?

Hey guys calm down... First before anything the Brewers should move back to the AL (why did they leave?)and then KC should go to the AL West. SO MLB w/ 30 teams would be like:

AL East

Baltimore, Boston, NY Yankees, Tampa Bay, Toronto

AL Central

Chicago WS, Cleveland, Detroit, Milwaukee*, Minnesota

AL West

Anaheim/California/LA of Ana (whatever), Kansas City*, Oakland, Seattle, Texas

National League would stay the same

Now, If expnsion was added... The teams should be from

Then MLB should be seperate by East and West (AL-west and NL-east)

American League would be like...

Arizona

Colorado

Detroit

Houston

Kansas City

LA Angels

LA Dodgers

Milwaukee

Minnesota

Oakland (who should move to Portland)

St.Louis

San Diego

San Francisco

Seattle

Texas

and expansion... LAS VEGAS and align them whatever way preferably by geography and the National League will be...

Atlanta

Baltimore

Boston

Chicago Cubs

Chicago WS

Cincinnati

Cleveland

Florida

NY Mets

NY Yankees

Philadelphia

Pittsburgh

Tampa Bay

Toronto

Washington

and expansion... CHARLOTTE

Interleague will be based on historical rivalries (i.e. Cardinals-Cubs, Dodgers/Giants-Yankees, etc.) I think this should make everyone happy.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Hey guys calm down... First before anything the Brewers should move back to the AL (why did they leave?)and then KC should go to the AL West. SO MLB w/ 30 teams would be like:

AL East

Baltimore, Boston, NY Yankees, Tampa Bay, Toronto

AL Central

Chicago WS, Cleveland, Detroit, Milwaukee*, Minnesota

AL West

Anaheim/California/LA of Ana (whatever), Kansas City*, Oakland, Seattle, Texas

National League would stay the same

Now, If expnsion was added... The teams should be from

Then MLB should be seperate by East and West (AL-west and NL-east)

American League would be like...

Arizona

Colorado

Detroit

Houston

Kansas City

LA Angels

LA Dodgers

Milwaukee

Minnesota

Oakland (who should move to Portland)

St.Louis

San Diego

San Francisco

Seattle

Texas

and expansion... LAS VEGAS and align them whatever way preferably by geography and the National League will be...

Atlanta

Baltimore

Boston

Chicago Cubs

Chicago WS

Cincinnati

Cleveland

Florida

NY Mets

NY Yankees

Philadelphia

Pittsburgh

Tampa Bay

Toronto

Washington

and expansion... CHARLOTTE

Interleague will be based on historical rivalries (i.e. Cardinals-Cubs, Dodgers/Giants-Yankees, etc.) I think this should make everyone happy.

My map might be wrong but isn't Michigan more east than Illinois and therefore be in the NL?

If MLB did add teams in Las Vegas and Charlotte and they did go to eight four-team divisions, here's how I would align them.

American League

EAST

Balitmore

Boston

New York

Toronto

NORTH

Chicago

Cleveland

Detroit

Minnesota

SOUTH

Colorado

Kansas City

Tampa Bay

Texas

WEST

Las Vegas

Los Angeles

Oakland

Seattle

National League

EAST

New York

Philadelphia

Pittsburgh

Washington

NORTH

Chicago

Cincinnati

Milwaukee

St. Louis

SOUTH

Atlanta

Charlotte

Florida

Houston

WEST

Arizona

Los Angeles

San Diego

San Francisco

Your AL South Divison covers 3 different time zones, which causes many tv scheduling problems as well as possible travel problems (I don't know really with that one it just sounded intellectual to say), not to mention the fact that it covers almost 3/4 of the entire United States from east to west......and possibly north to south. Good ideas here, just need a little better planning and execution. B)

Distance within divisions doesn't seem to be a problem for the NBA (Northwest), NHL (Pacific & Northwest), and NFL (AFC West & NFC West for 1/2 the season) which all have teams in three different time zones. :therock:

6uXNWAo.png

first off, EXPANSION WITHIN MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL IS NOT THE ANSWER. as someone stated earlier, the talent would get so diluted that we'd see double-a ballplayers become starters on more than a few ballclubs. as much as i hate bud selig and his opinions, not to mention that i enjoy having as many cities satisfied as possible, i really think contraction is not just needed but, in my opinion, CONTRACTION IS MANDATORY for the financial well-being of both baseball and the united states of america. expansion has been a very large factor in baseball's collapse since the strike of 1994.

for practicality's sake, only cities that deserve teams should have a team. this means no charlotte, no denver, no las vegas, no monterrey, no montreal, no oakland, no portland, no san juan, and absolutely no tampa bay. don't think that arlington (rangers), kansas city, pittsburgh, seattle or toronto deserve a team either. that's right - you heard me...TORONTO. you know why i say that? because no matter how well the team plays, no one heads out to support their club. <_< hey, the team even went BANKRUPT...

so, what i REALLY want to see is a start from scratch with (changes in CAPS)

Baltimore Orioles

Boston Red Sox

CALIFORNIA ANGELS

Chicago White Sox

Cleveland Indians

Detroit Tigers

Minnesota Twins

New York Yankees

SEATTLE PILOTS

Atlanta Braves

BROOKLYN DODGERS

Chicago Cubs

Cincinnati Reds

Florida Marlins

Houston Astros

NEW YORK GIANTS

Philadelphia Phillies

Pittsburgh Pirates

St. Louis Cardinals

WASHINGTON SENATORS

...lastly, SUCK FELIG

Umm..

New Orleans deserves MLB, but the first city to draw 4 million fans (Toronto) doesn't?

You're kidding me.

And everyone knows all the talk of diluted MLB talent is b.s. There are tons of great players at the AAA level and around the world that can play in the majors. But many a GM has said that there are the top players, the elite ones and then there are the 2nd tier of player that you couldn't distinguish from decent, everyday players in AAA that could play if given the opportunity.

The financial well being argument is bunk, too.

I agree that New York deserves another team, but Miami (and their non-stadium having selves) keep their team while the Bay area loses theirs?

Makes no sense at all.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

i would say the MLBPA would never allow contraction. thats 50 players who get moved down and dont have major league contracts. now it may help the league (by having only the best out on the field) but the players association is looking out for the players (and their income). if rosters were expanded to 27 for each team to accomodate for the two rosters lost, the MLBPA might accept contraction

on a side note. can anyone tell me the only three teams who currently operate with over $25 million income?

MLB would allow relegation or a World Series that was truly a World Series (Japan v. USA) before it would contract.

That talk was merely grandstanding.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Interleague play should end.

It won't. It's like the DH, it's here to stay.

4 team divisions are never going to happen, because there's no way to separate Boston from New York, and that way only one of those 2 would be in the playoffs.

MLB-comissioner's dream would be to have Red Sox - Yankees as the ALCS and Cubs - Cardinals as the NLCS each and every year.

Well...seeing as they've always been in the same division, I doubt that its some plot to ensure they always play each other.

Eventually, the Yanks will suck again. As will the Sox, it's just inevitable.

I'd move Tampa Bay to New Jersey to put a 3rd team in the NY Metro area, outside of the Yanks territory.

The explosion of minor league teams in the state and the thriving Atlantic League prove the state can sustain the sport and wants it. Everyone assumed they didn't and in the 90s, we proved them wrong.

I think that other than that, the Jays would never get out of the AL East, because there isn't anyone to replace them.

The Marlins are probably leaving Florida, but they're not switching leagues.

All the new ballpark teams aren't leaving their cities, nor will they be contracted.

Portland will probably get MLB at some point, though the opposition is fierce there against it. I could see another 2nd tier city lobbying for major league baseball too.

San Jose will probably work out a deal with the Giants so they can get the A's there. I think the three division setup will eventually give way to a 4-division one, despite people not liking the idea. But instead, you're going to get the advent of the 1 game wild card between a 5th team that isn't among the division leaders.

Four consecutive posts, rbronson?? :therock:

You do know about the "Edit" button, right?!

Shutup.

Just kidding.

I had something to respond to different in each one.

I didn't realize the post police were monitoring the boards. So in the future, I'll just edit one post and say them all.

Just to please you, since..that's my goal in life and all.

:P

Archived