AFL Utah unveiling name tomorrow (7/14)

Blackjack76

I like the logo, although it will be facing the wrong direction on one side of the helmet.

I really like the B in the logo, but like BiB alluded to earlier, it'll look weird on the other side of the helmet.

What - no love for the guy who said that first ? :D

Agh, sorry. As Sec19Row53 and Bib alluded to earlier... :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'd guess they'll go Pittsburgh Steelers and wear the mark on one side of the helmet. I'd have liked it more if they reserved the "B" mark for the shoulders of the jersey and created a helmet similar to the Birmingham Fire.

Or, maybe they can get really innovative and just set themselves on fire before each play? ^_^

My apologies to bs2282 - several CC members are waiting for this unveiling . . .

He called it, welcome to the UTAH BLAZE

UtahBlaze_AFL.jpg

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Looks like the helmet is going to consist of just the flame part of the new logo, no B

new_blaze.jpg

Since the flame IS a "B", I'm not sure why you think they'd add another B to the helmet.

EDIT - I just saw this blurb in a Salt Lake newspaper (the B will be "backwards" on one side):

The logo features a stylized orange, silver and black flame that forms a subtle "B" monogram. On the helmets, however, the blaze will sweep backward on both sides.

It's where I sit.

Here's a uni suggestion that would entertain fans and make tackling Blaze ballcarriers (and playing indoors for that matter) a bit tricky:

Fire2.JPG

Note: That's a stuntman. No humans were harmed in the making of this post.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Hmmm... another Black helmet in the AFL. If I'm not mistaken, Utah will be the fifth team sporting a Black helmet. So, better than a quarter of the league's teams have Black "lids". Me? I'd have opted for Silver... or, better yet, a metallic Burnt Orange.

Actually, I'd have gone with a complete different identity package. The Utah Swarm would have been decked out in Metallic Gold, Black and Purple... with Metallic Gold helmets.

Archived