AFL Utah unveiling name tomorrow (7/14)

Blackjack76

They had a cowboy-ish character on their website for awhile. I wonder if maybe they'll go for some kind of a "branding" logo, ala the Arizona Wranglers.

Either way, I'm anxious to see if this thing turns out ok. And curious to know when an actual logo, helmet and unis might be released.

It's where I sit.

it's official that the name will be Utah Blaze. I can't be too sure but when AFL Utah is on the UtahBlaze.com, than it tells me the name will officially be the Utah Blaze

Now that they've done Utah, I wonder when they're going to announce the name of our KC team the league promised we'd have for '06.

well first the AFL has to approve the Kansas City team.

Now that they've done Utah, I wonder when they're going to announce the name of our KC team the league promised we'd have for '06.

In keeping with the fire-related theme, to get a nice corporate tie-in, and to pay homage to the city's former CBA basketball team, it'll be the Kansas City Sizzlers.

j/k

nav-logo.png

header_blaze_logo.jpg

Meh. While I'm a fan of the Orange, Black and Silver palette and the stylized "B-Flame" is nicely executed, overall this identity package doesn't impress me.

The justification of the Blaze name being applied to a Utah-based team seems strained. I mean, is the Olympic flame still the first thing people think of when Utah and/or Salt Lake City are mentioned? Further, the stylized "B-Flame" is going to have to face in different directions on each side of the helmet or it won't register as the letter.

I'd have gone with the Utah Swarm.

I really like the B in the logo, but like BiB alluded to earlier, it'll look weird on the other side of the helmet.

Looking at it more and more, I can't help but think of the New York Dragons. However, in a league that has teams named "Rush" and "Crush", I guess anything is okay.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I like the logo, although it will be facing the wrong direction on one side of the helmet.

I really like the B in the logo, but like BiB alluded to earlier, it'll look weird on the other side of the helmet.

What - no love for the guy who said that first ? :D

It's where I sit.

Archived