Utah's new AFL team likely to be called Utah Blaze

Sean84106

Rumors had been going that it might be the Warriors. The NIFL team was named that and from what Ive heard, it's the same ownership.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I kinda like the name. The moniker will be only half as important as what the logo looks like.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

"Utah Blaze" reeks of WNBA.

You had to know Salt Lake errr Utah would pick another silly nickname with a "Z" in it.

Jazz.

Grizzlies.

Starz.

Blaze.

Pathetic. <_<

6uXNWAo.png

A couple of years back, the AFL2 had a team in Baton Rouge, LA called the "Blaze". Their logo had elements of that city's British, French and Spanish heritage:

Blaze.gif

They didn't last too long-- a year or two at the most. I guess they went out in a "Blaze" of Glory....

ba-dum-dum

thank, you ladies and gents, you've been a dynamite audience......

<_<

It is what it is.

While I agree that Utah got a bit insane with the 'Z' thing, some of them were legit however.

The Utah Grizzlies were the former DENVER Grizzlies and moved to Salt Lake when the Avs moved to Denver. The owner decided to keep the name because it fit in with the area.

The Utah Starzz was a lame attempt at playing homage to one of the greatest ABA teams ever, the Utah Stars.

There were the Salt Lake Buzz, who were created by the owner Joe BUZAS. They were named after him and the fact Utah is known as the Beehive State. So that didn't look oddly out of place.

During the 90s however there was a rash of double z'd teams.

Utah Catzz

Utah Freezz

Utah Pioneerzz

Utah Salt Ratzz

Utah Bumfluffzz

I'm not so sure however you can say "Blaze" fits in with that double-ending 'z' thing because firstly it's not two Zs and it doesn't end in Zs.

I however don't think this name has anything to do with Salt Lake City...so not sure why they picked it.

smallchampccs.jpg

comavatar.gif

Utah is known as the Beehive State.

Which is why I would have named Salt Lake City's new Arena Football League franchise either the Utah Swarm or Utah Sting.

swarm was tghe name of a former arena football2 (af2) team in Cincy and Sting was a former name of a now defunct Vegas team

So what if it has the "Z" thing--they should have called it something that oozes Utah--

The Utah Jazz!

Or adapt this logo--they could have it for free! :D

3558d7d1.png

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

This one beats the Beef, the ABAs new Charlotte team the Charlotte Krunk!

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAUHHH!!

OOOOHKAAAAAAAAAYYY!!

but comeon now, they misspelled it, it aint Krunk, it's Crunk :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

This one beats the Beef, the ABAs new Charlotte team the Charlotte Krunk!

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAUHHH!!

OOOOHKAAAAAAAAAYYY!!

but comeon now, they misspelled it, it aint Krunk, it's Crunk :P

Isn't "crunk" trademarked or something? Still this name is crap.

yep thats why it was changed to Krunk

Signature intentionally left blank

Except the Washington AFL group has the rights to the name......

No, they don't. When the franchise was awarded Snyder announced he intended to use the name "Warriors", but there's no agreement with the league prohibiting some other club from using it if they beat him to fielding a team.

nav-logo.png

Archived