Brewer Logo

Sec19Row53

I think the best place for the ball-in-glove is to recolor it and stick it on the sleeves, home and road. I don't care for the sleeve patches they have now.

And keep the present logo package? That'll be a jarring juxtaposition, and would only make things worse. The people who like the "M/barley" logo will have their present look ruined with a remnant of the past, and people who like the ball & glove will say this compromise doesn't go far enough.

There is a better choice out there, it just hasn't been made yet. Something that is as creative as the ball & glove, but makes a reference to beer making like the present uniforms do.

So how do you feel about the Nationals' caps.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think the best place for the ball-in-glove is to recolor it and stick it on the sleeves, home and road. I don't care for the sleeve patches they have now.

And keep the present logo package? That'll be a jarring juxtaposition, and would only make things worse. The people who like the "M/barley" logo will have their present look ruined with a remnant of the past, and people who like the ball & glove will say this compromise doesn't go far enough.

There is a better choice out there, it just hasn't been made yet. Something that is as creative as the ball & glove, but makes a reference to beer making like the present uniforms do.

So how do you feel about the Nationals' caps.

They don't bother me as much as I assume you think they would. Teams like the Cardinals and Dodgers use scipt wordmarks on the jerseys and non-script letters on the caps for the monogram, so the reverse shouldn't - and doesn't - bother me. The Nats should have a "W" on their caps anyway; they're the WASHINGTON Nationals, not the DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA Nationals. Whether or not the script "W" is the best "W", I don't know.

But if you're trying to make the argument that the Nats are doing the same thing I said would look odd on the Brewers, your example is imperfect. This is the first uniform set for the Nationals (or at least the current iteration of the team, but even the first Washington Nationals were known popularly as the Senators for most of the first half of last century); the "W" is a nod to the city's baseball history, not the team's history. But yes, if people were calling for the Nationals to return to the Expos' pinwheel caps and stylized "M" logo (previous logo, sentimental connection for some, merchandising sales are good for that look), and you suggested they keep the current look but put that "M" on the sleeves, I would think that too would be a questionable idea.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I rarely chime in on these Brewers debates, but I will now. Probably because I'm really f'd up and didn't hook up with this broad I thought I was going to tonight. But...

The current Brewers set is IMO one of the classiest in in all of baseball. Maybe one of the best ever. I would welcome a change to a lighter, more royal blue and adding Milwaukee to the roads. The ball in glove is cute, but leave it where it is - throwback city. People hated the swirly P Phillies logo when I was growing up. But now everyone can't get enough of it. If they brought it back, people would be buying the current caps at record pace. Make an alt, wear them a couple times a year, and leave it at that.

I'm really f-ing f-d up. But not f-d up enough to forget to say F Dallas.

------------------

Fire Ed Wade.

Go Birds.

-Andy

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

i agree with our f-ed up friend that the main reason the ball-and-glove sell is because it's a novelty item no longer available. Abscence does make the heart grow fonder.

i agree with our f-ed up friend that the main reason the ball-and-glove sell is because it's a novelty item no longer available. Abscence does make the heart grow fonder.

Exactly. I couldn't wait for the Marlins to dump the old teal script unis. But now I hope they bring it back.

1997 | 2003

The Marlins should wear more teal than black, just for heat's sake. How do they wear all that black in Atlanta?

I don't think wearing more teal would make a difference with this South Florida humidity. It's absolutely horrible on most nights.

1997 | 2003

Make it a sleeve patch.

If San Diego can have the swining friar...

if Cincinnati can have Mr. Red...

and if the Twins can have those two annoying twins shaking hands,

why can't Milwaukee put something cheesy/nostalgic on their sleeves too?

they should have the beer barrel man instead of the ball in glove logo. beer barrel man works better as a sleeve patch anyways

Archived