South Carolina Gamecocks

Survival79

<_<

Overall, the jerseys seem kind of busy, and the "C" logo on each shoulder seems excessive, especially when it already on the helmets. I also agree that "Carolina" looks rather large. The whole look exudes inferiority complex, which is kind of their problem. They don't have much of a standard look, so they have to add all that stuff, so the viewer can figure out which school it is.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

The game helmets are white, right?  Or are those just blank white helmets for practice?    I can't see the black pants looking good without a black helmet.

Yup, back to the white helmets.

173547.jpeg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I also agree that "Carolina" looks rather large. The whole look exudes inferiority complex, which is kind of their problem. They don't have much of a standard look, so they have to add all that stuff, so the viewer can figure out which school it is.

The irony is, the school more commonly referred to as "CAROLINA" nationwide doesn't use the name on its football jerseys. Then again, what are they going to call themselves? "USC"? Either way, they're caught in a major identity crisis.

But they have a great color package and a unique mascot (not to mention a nickname that every frat guy in America wants plastered across the front of his hat, along with Oregon State; I prefer the "FU" hat my cousin got me when he was at Fordham B) ). I've never confused South Carolina with any other school by its look; the "CAROLINA" is unnecessary and only makes them look insecure, as has been stated.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

They remind me of the Sterling Sharpe/Robert Brooks days...not a bad thing at all. I like this change a lot, and I'm sick of seeing winky-dinky team names across the tops of jerseys, like Arizona State and a number of other schools. If you're going to do it, might as well do it large.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The irony is, the school more commonly referred to as "CAROLINA" nationwide doesn't use the name on its football jerseys. Then again, what are they going to call themselves? "USC"? Either way, they're caught in a major identity crisis.
VitaminD has nailed it on the head.

Even more problematic is that the other Carolina/USC's have won championships. A lot of them, and the red/carolina older/usc hasn't. Although, when you see the big C logo on the helmet and the garnet, you do know it is that Carolina/USC, so they really don't need the C logo on the shoulders. Maybe Spurrier can take them to the promised land in a few years and they can establish more of their own identity. But, history tells us they will be on probation before you know it. :blink:

savedpictures013-1.jpg

I like them a lot! The Carolina thing doesn't bother me. Although it's pretty annoying when you meet someone from north or south carolina and they say they are from " the only carolina". WTH does that mean? Just say you're from North Carolina or South Carolina, the rest of the world doesn't care who's the real carolina!

Clearly I am wrong on this one, but I had thought there was rumor going around that the Ol' Ball Coach wanted South Carolina to go to Nike uniforms. With Georgia Tech switching this year, that means (I believe) that only Auburn and South Carolina still use Russell Athletic. Can someone confirm/deny any of this?

ducks-large.jpg

What he wants is irrelevant. The have contracts with other suppliers.

Are you sure about Georgia Tech? I'm pretty sure they're staying with Russell in a deal that covers all sports. Could be wrong, but I believe they have a similar arraingement to Auburn, who just sighned a "lifetime" contract with Russell. Nike has sold Ga. Tech replicas for years, so if that's what you're going on, it's not correct.

Colorado State and Mississippi State also wear Russell for football.

Side note: Auburn also signed a footwear deal with New Balance for football only. They will help NB develop their football line in exchage for unlimited free shoes.

What I think is funny is that they call themselves USC as does everyone in South Carolina, and they get offended when people call Southern Cal USC.

It's because South Carolina (1801) came before Southern Cal (1912?). Then again, Southern Cal has had more of a winning tradition.

As for the uniforms:

• 1. Instead of "CAROLINA" on the chest, how about "GAMECOCKS"? The name is used by only two schools, and one of those schools is I-AA (Jacksonville State).
    2. A good uniform to use would be the 1984 uni: all garnet at home, with a white jersey and garnet pants on the road, or alternate between white and garnet pants while using black pants for special occasions.
    3. The 'C' with the gamecock is too much. The gamecock by itself is fine.
    4. :cursing:NO MORE BLACK JERSEYS!!! :cursing: 0-11 in 1999 is all you need to know, not to mention screwing themselves out of a bowl last season.

This dates me, but they remind me a lot of the George Rogers days. It's a good look but I agree with the other poster regarding a preference for the garnet helmets they used in the late 80's.

Archived