Madden 06

patsox

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won't you find out tomorrow?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Interesting things im seeing so far...

Bears orange looks on here to be the thanksgiving ones.

Bengals numbers are definately plain block, with orange shadow.

Steelers have no throwbacks.

Seahawks default home is with white pants, doesnt give the option of wearing monochrome blue.

Baltimore gives the option of purple unis with black pants. Not terrible, interesing look.

Rams default is white pants. You cannot wear blue jerseys with gold, but can wear an all gold, liberache-lemee jump suit.

Raiders now have the NFL 2k5 all silver jump suit. Hmmm, cant ever see them wearing them, but whatever.

Lions added the Billy Sims era unis as throwbacks. Have the blacks, look rather Mets-ish. (if you like the mets alternate jerseys, you'll dig these)

Jacksonville allows an all Teal. Wow. It looks very menacing. Well as little girls with lollypops go, anyhow.

Im pretty sure the giants have 3 versions of the same white jersey. But i havent investigated very far, as id rather use a cheese grater on myself than play a game involving the snoozy-giants. But it looks shady.

Wow. Playing the 9ers and the Rams in a "gate way to the gold rush" game, all gold, would be...something. Look out for that, it may screw up your rods and cones.

As always, the falcons have like 13 alternates. Dont get excited, its still with the stripe on the sock...do they even have that on the real jerseys??

The bengals seem to have some concept orange jersey that looks like their old design, but orange. Still has the bengal stripe helmet. Definately just an orange pallate swap jersey. Still kinda cool.

And of course, the soundtrack is filled with the worst rap ever. But whats new.

Dear EA. Let us XBOX users upload our own music, instead of paying insane amounts of licensing for original tracks from the dirty souths most available intermediate rap stars.

Bleh.

good game though, but its not like it could suck.

Baltimore gives the option of purple unis with  black pants.  Not terrible, interesing look.

Remember...that WAS their home look in their first season in Baltimore...

imo the ravens should wear the black pants all the time (of course they need to add purple-white-purple stripping).

Baltimore gives the option of purple unis with  black pants.  Not terrible, interesing look.

Remember...that WAS their home look in their first season in Baltimore...

Remembered! I was forgot to say that its their updated "pajama" pants, with the newer unis.

I have a few questions....

1. Why can't you "alter" NFL unis (it removes logos and such), but they can make all kinds of fashion jerseys?

2. Why do they pay so much attention to detail (tatts on a 3rd down RB), but make so many mistakes on unis?

3. How about a Steeler throwback? They did wear other things.

4. Can I ge TB with white jersey/orange pant throwback. You give them all their unis except that one. Heck, you give Atlanta 45 different options just based on sock or facemask colors.

KISSwall09.jpg

Rams default is white pants. You cannot wear blue jerseys with gold, but can wear an all gold, liberache-lemee jump suit.

Jacksonville allows an all Teal. Wow. It looks very menacing.  Well as little girls with lollypops go, anyhow.

And of course, the soundtrack is filled with the worst rap ever.  But whats new.

Apparently to EA the Steelers have worn the same uniform since 1933.

This makes NO SENSE!! It's as if EA staff hasn't been watching football for the last five years. (EA Staffer: "Aw who cares? Everyone will buy this game anyway!")

Jacksonville allows an all Teal. Wow. It looks very menacing. Well as little girls with lollypops go, anyhow.

:blink:

And of course, the soundtrack is filled with the worst rap ever. But whats new.

Is there any other kind? :wacko:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Don't forget the Steelers had serifed numbers until the early 90's. That would be the throwback. And I have heard stories of the Steelers original jerseys being so hideous they were destroyed after the first year. Never seen a pic though.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

When you're the Faclons, and you wear the white jersey/black pants combo (if it still exists), do they treat it as a road uniform? In the previous versions, they treated it as a home uniform, and if you wanted to use that in a game, the other team would have to wear their white jerseys.

Just to let you guys know, they do have the correct Bengals jerseys with the rounded numbers available as alternates...but for some reason they have the defaults with block numbers.

That's actually good news. I've not received the game yet, and I was actually a little pissed that EA has the exclusive deal with the league and still decided to go with block font for the Bengals and f it all up. Now, it's not that big of a deal if there are alternates that are correct. Thanks for the info schwep!

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

i knew once EA bought the nfl licensing it would get even lazier when it came to attention to detail. you can't wear gold pants with the rams' blue jersey...that is the most pathetic thing i have ever seen.

i usually play as the bengals but i don't know if i can, that two different numbers crap will bug me too much. maybe i will just use their old unis, they look better anyway...

Don't forget the Steelers had serifed numbers until the early 90's.  That would be the throwback.  And I have heard stories of the Steelers original jerseys being so hideous they were destroyed after the first year.  Never seen a pic though.

Incorrect, OB.

The Steelers had block numbers before the present rounded set (below), which began with the 1997 season.

Pittsburgh97.gif

During their Super Bowl run in the '70s, and before that, they wore the standard block numbers. The example below is from 1970; the white pants were gone by the time the Steelers won their first Super Bowl.

Pittsburgh70.gif

When people mention serifed block numbers, it's more along the lines of what the Packers (see below), Eagles and Cowboys, among others, used to wear before they all standardized to Block Varsity. Is this what you mean by serifed numbers, because standard Block Varsity numbers aren't serifed. And the Steelers never wore these, IIRC.

GreenBay59.gif

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

just played it, a couple of observations. browns back to the striped socks as well as the chargers away white sock with blue stripes and the ravens striped sock returns and a new double black stripe with the road whites. the cards new unis, madden only offered the all red and all white as options for the new uni. the other cards options were of the old uni's. i sure hope it is not true that they won't be wearing the red top white pants and the white top red pants. also they did'nt offer the rams blue top gold pants as well as the dolphins white tops and aqua pants. they actually list the dolphins all aqua as one of their primary uniforms i believe but maybe i have that wrong because i would assume the all white would be one primary and the aqua top and white pants the other.

as well as the dolphins white tops and aqua pants. they actually list the dolphins all aqua as one of their primary uniforms i believe but maybe i have that wrong because i would assume the all white would be one primary and the aqua top and white pants the other.

That's a huge mistake. Unless Saban is going aqua/white at home, and white/white on the road, the normal "away" set is white jerseys, aqua pants. And they haven't worn all aqua since 2003.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived