Flyers, Forsberg and the NHL Logo

charger77

yeah. i heard that the NHL logo on hatch and rathje's jerseys was a mistake... when the sewed the names and numbers on there, the guy thought he was supposed to put the NHL logo up there, too... at least that's what i heard.

Forsberg a Flyer??? - man I missed that one :blink:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

No really, I missed it. I've been so busy with the start of the school year and getting ready to coach my football team, as well as getting my College fantasy and two pro league teams ready for the draft - I've missed NHL news, so it's news to me. Wow, I better come down to Earth :wacko:

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

So what are we saying, that Rathje and Hatcher had the old logo, or that Forsberg had no logo at all? Cuz I thought I saw it at the bottom in the second pick.....on a related note I just got my Crosby jersey today and it's a 'ting a beauty :D

No.

Rathje and Hatcher had the new logo, but it was on the neckline (like the NFL does.) Forsberg also had the new logo, but on the back where it usually is (not on the neck.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is going to re-hash something that was probably thoroughly discussed before I discovered this board. But I think the Flyers' black jerseys don't have enough orange. The numbers -- at least on the sleeves -- should be orange.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

No really, I missed it. I've been so busy with the start of the school year and getting ready to coach my football team, as well as getting my College fantasy and two pro league teams ready for the draft - I've missed NHL news, so it's news to me. Wow, I better come down to Earth :wacko:

If you didn't know about Forsberg to the Flyers you probably hadn't heard of the rest of the load of big stars changing teams in the past few weeks... prepare to be shocked come October :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

This is going to re-hash something that was probably thoroughly discussed before I discovered this board. But I think the Flyers' black jerseys don't have enough orange. The numbers -- at least on the sleeves -- should be orange.

The black sweaters need to be ditched all together. The orange sweater was classic and a signature of the franchise.

I've missed NHL news, so it's news to me.  Wow, I better come down to Earth :wacko:

So you also missed the following:

-- Hatcher and Rathje are on Philly

-- Roenick is on Los Angeles

-- Lindros is on Toronto

-- Gretzky is coaching Phoenix

-- Palffy, Gonchar, Thibault and LeClair are on Pittsburgh

-- Khabibulin, Lapointe and Aucoin are on Chicago

-- Pronger and Peca are on Edmonton

-- Hamrlik and Amonte are on Calgary

-- Zhamnov and Leetch are on Boston

-- Foote and Berard are on Columbus

-- Niedermayer joined his brother in Anaheim

-- Kariya is on Nashville

-- Satan is on the NY Islanders

-- Holik is on Atlanta

-- Turgeon is on Colorado

The black sweaters need to be ditched all together. The orange sweater was classic and a signature of the franchise.

Totally agreed.

I'm also glad the shield isn't on the neckline. Way too NFL-like.

Agreed. The all-black uniforms could be worsened only by a return to the long pants. The orange stood out and would look great - only the Isles wear orange-bodied jerseys, and they're alts, but how many teams wear black jerseys?

The orange alts they have now aren't a good substitute - the two silver shadows are OK but unnecessary since the rest of the crest isn't metallic, and the sleeve striping doesn't say "Flyers".

Of course, this could all be for nothing, if the "sleeker" jerseys force a major redesign in '06...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Yeah, the orange jersey screams "70s", but at least it has color in it. I absolutely hate watching home games because my $2,400 TV looks like it is broadcasting in black and white.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Niedermayer joined his brother in Anaheim

Damd - He should have stayed in Jersey :therock:

Archived